Informatica Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.2

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Informatica in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at university career fair. Then got an email asking me to submit again online. Then OA test. Three questions for 90 minutes. Two of them are coding, which I think is extremely difficult. The other one is basic Java syntax.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Standard ctci questions. Two whiteboard coding. Prepare well and you would be fine. One about the preorder traversal of a tree. Second about the implementation of a queue. They had come to the career fair and had told us to apply online. They then give a hackerrank test which is not too tough

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I applied at the career fair. I had an on campus interview. The interviewer was nice. We talked about my project in the beginning. Then I was asked three coding questions. The first one was about BST. The second one was about a self-balanced tree. The third one was about swapping pages. I did not get any offer. They have a very big department in India.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for about an hour. Pretty standard and ask some questions about the resume and past experience. Two technical questions, one is data structure and the other is about database.

Interview Questions

• Define a double linked list class and implement the deletion   Answer Question
    • How to store the average salary of a department that allow you to retrieve and update them very fast   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty relaxed and enjoyable. Usually, you'll be presented with a online test followed by a phone screening interview. This interview should be a blend of questions on your resume, few knowledge based questions and coding questions. The interviewer would be more interested in your problem solving approach so try to vocalize the approach before starting to code. If, this goes fine. they'll fly you to Redwood City for a on-site almost a day-long interview. I had series of 5 interviewers interviewing me each with different domain of questions.

Expect questions on basic data structures, algorithms, design questions and that should be all mostly.

Interview Questions

• Design the data structure for a calculator   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Did 6 different interview including two home tasks, all was online via Skype.
    Although i did all interviews (that were in separated days) they never called back to tell me if i passed, also ignored my emails.
    Not recommended as your primary job application.

Interview Questions

• was asked to survey different system, included there system (OOP style)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question