Informatica Reviews | Glassdoor

Informatica Chief Executive Officer Anil Chakravarthy
Anil Chakravarthy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is not good at times (in 31 reviews)

• The current privatization will reduce interest in R&D and bring down cost cutting everywhere (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company sitting squarely on the explosive trends and poised for success!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture! Everyone is on board to help realize the company mission - make our customers successful by helping them harness the power of their data! Great management, supportive and always helpful peers across the globe, comp and benefits at par with the best. I haven't worked at the company HQ or offices so can't say much about that.

Cons

None! I try not to look for things to complain as that is an addictive mindset and appreciate all the amazing things at this company!

Advice to Management

Stick to what you're doing I.e. Drive the company towards the trends of the market and what our customers truly need to be successful. We are all in this together!

May 23, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments and your enthusiasm. It's people like you who will ensure that we become the leading Enterprise Cloud Data Management company in the world!

2. "Great Place to Learn, Grow"

I have been working at Informatica full-time

Pros

Technically competent engineering leadership, a business that knows how to make money, and a fantastic market opportunity with clear leadership in vision, products, and customer loyalty

Cons

The largest of the engineering groups always have too many things to do, so engineers and QA are constantly moving around, always having to pay the cost of ramping up in a new area. This is highly inefficient and short sighted

Advice to Management

Continue to improve on transparency, especially if it pertains to the organization and its people. Consider how effective the incentives are for high-performing team members compared to their lower performing peers. Be patient, steadfast, and don't give up, keep truly supporting teams and give them the focus and protection to succeed.

3. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good work/life balance
    - Friendly culture, everyone is really helping

Cons

The only drawback i would say is Low compensation which is the reason why employees might move out.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Legal in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Legal in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive executives, great salary and comp package, and excellent workplace (office space, fitness center, snacks, coffee, beverages, conference rooms).

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

5. "Sexual harassment and lack of career advancement"

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

Informatica had relatively good benefits and a strong reputation in data integration.

Cons

During my time at Informatica a few years ago, I was sexually harassed by executives and peers. After the unwanted and unprofessional advances, I spoke to HR and management. Even though I had been promoted prior to speaking to HR and my management about the sexual harassment, I was not promoted after speaking up. I was not alone-- I spoke to other women at Informatica about their experiences with sexual harassment. I told HR in my exit interview I was leaving because of the sexual harassment and lack of advancement. After leaving Informatica, I did advance in my career and am glad I left. However, I hoped that my speaking up at Informatica would make things better for other women at Informatica. Unfortunately, I have heard/seen reviews from other women that the sexual harassment and lack of career advancement for women remains.

Advice to Management

I hoped my speaking up and organizational changes since my time at Informatica would change things for the better. But you still need to more clearly articulate and be accountable for how people advance in their careers. And you should have zero tolerance for sexual harassment.

"Professional services"

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

There are great people and a strong team culture.

Cons

Lacking the skill and tactical plan to execute the current shift in strategy so there is a lack of direction.

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition/HR Operations

Thank you for your review and sharing your experiences working with Informatica. We agree that we have great people and a strong team culture here at Informatica. While we have had significant... More

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong product and solution set. Has good innovation and leader in analyst reports.

Cons

From a cash rich firm to financial restrictions on expense and travel after going private. Unnecessary spend on logo change and purchase of new sales system.

Advice to Management

Good and grounded CEO. Learn to treat people as your asset.

8. "Great compnay"

I worked at Informatica part-time

Pros

A great growing company to work for

Cons

Nothing to say about cons

9. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Leadership, very thoughtful and investing in growing technologies. There are new challenges with new things to learn everyday. The management is great and very supportive.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is the compensation. I believe other competitors offer handsome compensation. This is one reason employees might move out.

Advice to Management

Please revise the compensation

Sep 19, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and sharing your experiences with Informatica. We constantly benchmark our compensation against other employers and we believe our rewards are very competitive. Glassdoor... More

"Mismanaged Effort at Informatica."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You never feel overworked. You never have to stay too late (this may depend on your manager though).
    Regular raises keep salaries competitive.

Cons

Location is far from downtown Redwood City.
    Java code base is 10 years old. C++ code base dates from the mid-90's. We're stuck on Java 7 and pre-C++ 98.
    Code has many obvious bugs and performance issues but feature development is prioritized over any kind of code audit or cleanup. In practice we wait until a customer hits one of these issues before fixing them.

Advice to Management

Structure more interaction between PMs, architects and developers. That would avoid working on features for months that are then scrapped, and help address systematic issues with the code base that make projects take a long time.

Oct 6, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

Thank you for your review and sharing your experiences working with Informatica. Informatica has multiple products and we use combination of technologies, including Scala, Spark, Kafka, Java, Sqoop... More