78% would recommend to a friend
(2728 total reviews)
80% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good and you are open to introduce new ideas" (in 323 reviews)
- "Great people and team!" (in 184 reviews)
- "Good tech stack and work culture." (in 172 reviews)
- "I would recommend the company to anyone looking for a great company and culture at an industry leading company." (in 148 reviews)
- "Informatica had relatively good benefits and a strong reputation in data integration." (in 133 reviews)
- "Just had a big layoff and let go so many talented people." (in 17 reviews)
- "The senior management is based in US and it feels they are so far from Europe culture." (in 14 reviews)
- "Lack of open communication especially in process changes; lots of undercurrent currently resulting in high attrition." (in 9 reviews)
- "I told HR in my exit interview I was leaving because of the sexual harassment and lack of advancement." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Informatica and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,728 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Dec 3, 2023Principal ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
Competitive salary and benefits. Wonderful co-workers below the Director levels. Opportunity to work with every type of technology out there.
The company failed to meet its potential since going private and then public again. The current CEO has not had much success. Great person but he’s changed. The CFO brought in had a reputation for cutting to raise the stock price and is doing the same here. Both the CFO and CEO have their million shares, so they see the cuts in a positive light as the stock rises. They’re just disconnected. Can’t blame ‘em. Blinded by money. As others have said, the cuts weren’t based on performance. That makes it worse for employees, with no one secure in their job. The technical debt is too high with the legacy software and the plans for on-prem to cloud for many products simply aren’t there.1
- 2.0Oct 5, 2023LegalFormer EmployeeBengaluru
Decent MNC with a satisfactory work culture. You will get exposure in terms of offsites which are usually outside India. Work life balance is there.
Compensation is on the extreme lower side. Surprisingly, the people who have been hired in 2023 in the Legal shared services team in India have received almost the same level of entry salary which a person got in the year 2017.It is a shared services team which has been formed in India to do the supporting work for the legal teams based out in other countries, hence the growth and work is bad. Team quality is also not up to the mark since anyone can do that work as there is no application of mind. Further, the higher management will throw any non legal projects (para legal type work) for the shared services to do and you are forced to work upon them since they do not want to hire para legals in the team. Hence, the major issue is related to work, slow growth and salary which are the main components of a job. If someone is a fresher, looking to have an MNC name in the resume, then one should join Informatica but if you are planning to build a career, then that is not possible over here.2
- 3.0Nov 14, 2023Sr ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
If you find the right people they will be lifelong friends. Experience with Informatica Products
First off leadership has expressed interest in ending internal Consulting, so this is a limited adventure. You are expected to find your own work. Training and (non-billable) hours are watched closely. Training courses you log will be audited, you can be tested on courses you take, and are only allowed the EXACT hours they say it should take you.2
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023Solution Architect IICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
All round great company. Great co-workers, great managers and I would recommend working here
Some unfortunate layoffs recently which have cause a lot of problem
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChennai
We can learn latest technologies
I don't see any cons. But in on-prem team alone I see as developer less growth.
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023SSE- DevelopmentCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Good work, too much ownership
Very bad management. Some senior directors and vp want you to work over the weekends
- 3.0Nov 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good work culture. Nice employees to work with. Good work. You will be constantly challenged. Good pay, on par with industry. Open communication by higher management.
Cloud transformation seems to be taking it's toll. Hired a lot of employees in last 2-3 yrs and have fired close to 1000 employees in 2023 calendar year. The recent events have brought down employee morale considerably and damaged the credibility and reputation of Informatica.1
Informatica Reviews FAQs
Informatica has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,081 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Informatica to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
78% of Informatica employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Informatica 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.