Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Informatica

3.2

1. Featured Interview

SDE1 Interview

Interview

Firstly they asked me to introduce my self and then they asked the questions on data structures and algorithms and then on my projects and subjects. They are fully expecting the knowledge of how we are applying data structures for a given problem.

Interview Questions

• find the lowest common ancestor of two nodes   2 Answers
    • given a sorted rotated array how do you search an element without traversing each and very element   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (San Jose, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Worst phone interview experience with the design head. I usually wouldn’t say this, especially about ux design interviews, because you always learn something. But this one was unusually awful. The interviewer was extremely disinterested and couldn’t seem to care less. Felt like he was constantly typing. Complete waste of his time and mine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about any project on your portfolio.

(Even after 20-30 mins, he didn’t ask any questions about the project)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in February 2020.

Interview

Went through On campus recruiting, had a brief 1:1 interview with the recruiter, told me more about the role and the company culture. Told me to prepare for the next round of interviews, but ended up ghosting me.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

There were 3 interview rounds - one initial call with a recruiter. Then, there was a phone interview and a an in-person interview with the team as well as a short technical writing test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do technical writing in IT?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I initially had a call with the recruiter m. Asked pretty basic questions about my experience. Then had a first coding round with pretty basic questions. I did pretty well. I have got a call for the second round and HR didn’t have me heads up regarding anything that I should have eclipse or any new IDE set up for the call. I simple didn’t had anything set up in my system, since it’s my person laptop which I was on. I have asked the interviewer if we could reschedule the interview. Looks like he was fine with it. After two days recruiter emailed me with the standard thing saying they are forwarding with the new candidate.

Overall it was a complete negative experience.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter. A bit of unprofessional shown when I was asked to reveal my current salary. I did not.

Followed by technical screen where in I was asked theory questions on Java which is very strange for a role like this. I was also asked a coding question for which the interviewer was not ready to answer any followup questions from me. Besides that he was terse and rude at some point completely dismissing my thought process.

I answered almost all the questions correctly except some college level theory questions which should be asked for high-school pop quizzes.
    At the end of the interview, I asked the interviewer about a division in Informatica which is mentioned in their website and he clearly indicated with utmost confidence that informatica does not do that. This showed that he had no clue what is going on in the company.

I did not follow up with the recruiter as I had not intention of wasting a day to face this level of unprofessionalism onsite.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

It was nice experience 😊, I have 2 years of experience in informatica BDM development.
    Interview process took 1 week to release my offer letter.
    1st round was telephonic - asked basic all transformation times and some cloud related stuffs.
    2,3,4,5,6,7 - technical rounds : Eat my brain like anything, but it was informatice.
    8 and the final round : was managerial and HR
    Hr was cool and chilling guy ...
    Totally worth attending and I am working on one of the top business intelligence company

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY).

Interview

One of the worst interview I ever had
    They will question a person for 1hour 45min to reject him how silly right
    And the question what they will ask are completely out from JD
    And the person who is asking questions seems like they are joined from service based companies

One of my friend said they will make fun on interview candidates after interview is done

Interview Questions

• they will ask questions from internet so it's difficult to judge what they will ask   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Round Rock, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Typical phone screen, followed by a phone interview with a sales manager. The next step was an on-site interview with two sales managers and a department director. Overall the process took less that two weeks. I had mentioned in my on-site that I was actively seeking employment and had multiple ongoing interview processes with other company to which Informatica was very accommodating and quick in getting an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Avoid Informatica:

If possible avoid informatica, I had very bad experience with them, same now happened to my friend.There is a principal recruiter who don’t know how to talk, very rude , someone already mentioned his name on glassdoor
    Scenario 1 : Completed telephonic and 6 onsite interview loop, after that this recruiter called and informed that he received 4 round feedback and it is positive , let me know the expectation. After receiving the expectations, he called within 30 minutes that remaining 2 rounds feedback are negative so we are not proceeding.Although all my interview round went pretty well.
    Scenario 2 : After applied to informatica, this recruiter called and started talking rudely that, “do you know anything about informatica or applied randomly” before giving other person chance to start replying. Anyways after completing telephonic and 6 onsite rounds, this recruiter called and informed that all rounds feedback is positive and they wanted to move ahead with offer and asked for expectation. After telling him the expectation, he immediately started trying to cancel the call , even after I was saying that I am ready to negotate, he said he will check again and never came back .After following up on mail he replied that we are interviewing other candidates, this is so unprofessional.

The question is why they normally bring the people onsite and wasting their time by taking 6-7 round whole day, if their plan is just to take candidates based on lower TC and not on talent.If thats the case just take 2-3 rounds and select the candidate.
    The interviewers in both the time were good and talented but highly disappointed with the recruitment process of informatica.
    Summary: If your TC expectations are above average, don't even try to waste your time by giving 6-7 rounds, they will never give you an offer no matter how good your interview went.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

It was decent. There was both technical and a general round. The technical is as expected. The general round is usually the hardest as to reason you are looking for change.

Interview Questions

• I was asked pretty decent technical questions to judge thinking process.   1 Answer