Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were 7 rounds of technical interview and one round of HR. They mostly asked questions on DBMS, OS and also on the projects you have worked on. A lot of other questions were mostly on puzzles.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online and the process started when the recruiter contacted me to schedule phone interviews. The hiring manager spoke to me to get a feel of my education, experience, availability location, salary details etc...and then the interviewing began. My resume was quite detailed and as it turns out, I was not a perfect fir for the role advertised. But I considered myself a good fir because I had the ability to quickly fill any gaps in my skill levels.

First a team of three members asked questions thoroughly about my skills and back ground. At this point, they should have known very well that I fell a little short. However, they interviewed me one more time and then a team leader interviewed me. It was the same set of questions by the same set of people for at least 2 or three rounds. I gave the same answers. Then the recruiter wanted to schedule face 2 face interviews. At this point I was quite encouraged that they would consider hiring me. For that reason, I traveled on my personal expense to attend those interviews (Skimpy company policy that they wouldnt pay for interview travel). Same set of people who interviewed on the phone and same questions again! Sounded like the phone interviews were simply a waste of time. What followed was perhaps the most frustrating time in my career. The director of the group spoke to me and started asking some stupid questions - like why did I change my jobs frequently in the past etc...Well all that is already in my resume - why ask me now and this far into the process after making me travel on my own? After a few minutes of talking to him, I started to get a feel that the result would be negative and was mentally prepared for it. And then they proved they were total nut jobs when it comes to handling prospective talent. The director said that my skills were not up to the mark - but they still liked to hire me for a different position (I was totally confused)....So I went through another F2F interview for the new position. Then they said it is all done and that I would be contacted later. I left confused but confident that I would get an offer. They emailed me a week later that there was no interest in hiring me. I was totally dejected that I had to go through all the pain, travel, effort, cost and expectation for no good. They could have easily made that decision after the phone interviews. I am writing this hoping this would be a good example for prospective candidates.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

1st round phone interview, around 40mins.
    2nd round 1:1 in person interview at the company with the VP and hiring manager.
    Got offer the next day of 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you have been involved that deals with forecasting and pricing models.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and smooth :)

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First one was face to face. It was easy , basic Oops, Mysql,Unix questions. Second was telephonic and third round was face to face interview that lasted 4 hours.
    Easy interview. People are not professional. No response after interview.

Interview Questions

Informatica Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our recruiter. During my time as the VP of Talent Acquisition, I have worked hard... More

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on career section of the company. Got a mail for phone interview after nearly a month. Had a phone interview with a senior software architect. He asked questions basically on Java multi-threading concepts, object-oriented concepts and core java architecture like how a JVM works, how is platform independence achieved. Also asked an algorithm question(Find nth largest element in an unsorted array). Got the results in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were java thread based and oop concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.