Informatica Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It consists of five rounds of interview. It would mostly be on the product knowledge with a few simple SQL query knowledge being tested. A few questions were asked on the previous work experience.Its easier if you are already aware of their products. Currently they are moving organisation wide to cloud platform. Its good to have knowledge about cloud platform.

Interview Questions

• Find the manager to a employee in a table with manager and employee data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a package do not have any negotiation on it.

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR lady, and a technical phone interview with a senior engineer. Then they scheduled me with a whole morning interviews with a few people in the company. They asked me bunch of technical questions on certain skills. And when I asked them if I need to use those skills in the potential job, and they said no. I don't feel the interviews were friendly and respectful. It seems they just need a worker to fill the empty seat. I left the company and convinced it's not a good fit. The HR lady called me for another interview a few weeks later, and I declined it.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email to set up a 15 minute phone interview. She took note of what skills I was comfortable with and asked compensation expectations. After that I had a 30 minute phone interview which was mostly about my work experience. Then I was invited for an onsite interview that was 5 rounds, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to skills listed on my resume. I was asked questions on subjects such as OOP concepts, time complexity, mysql join query given two simple tables, and a question on java collections framework using iterator method. There were some behavioral questions like tell me how you handled a difficult situation working in a team? and why technical support engineer position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
    They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
    Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
    Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
    The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a pretty experience going on-site to interview for this company. Although, they were not very sure what they wanted from the candidates. They gave a lot of importance to people with solid work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by 5 to 6 different one-on-one interviews spread out over a couple of days. Mostly one on one, there were a few many to me intervies.

Interview Questions

• I had posted query optimization on my resume..   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the informatica HR and attended the F2F interview in 1st week of july.The same day i gave four rounds including 3 tech and 1 managerial round.the interview was good and they asked regarding previous projects related questions,conceptual and some advance question on java,sql,linux,app servers,j2ee,some logical questions and some good puzzles also.they asked some scenario based questions like how will you handle and react in certain scenario.
    At the end the person(manager) who was taking the 4th round told me that i need to attend 2 more rounds on next wednesday or thursday and i will get the update regarding the same but did not get any update from anyone till now.during the 4th round I inform them that i am available to join immedeatly and while leaving i requested them to update me at the earliest because i have some other offer also but i would prefer to join this company.
    Kindly do not leave the candidate in dilemma that whether he/she is through to next round or not.whether he/she is still in the race or not.It would be better to update the candidate reagarding whether the interview feedback is positive or negative.

Interview Questions

• Oops,collections,multi threading,Java Thread dump..heap dump..writing sql queries and pl/sql blocks, servlets and jsp,struts,how to analyse heap dump and other dumps.jvm related questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Coimbatore (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was a bit too long, but experience was all good,
    People are professionally and personally interactive.
    Technicality of the interview if rated on a scale of 10 it will be rated as 8.
    Be confident the interviewers are really good and also you can freely ask any questions from them.

Interview Questions

• Some problem solving aptitude questions on the non technical side.   Answer Question
    • Questions on Databases on the technical side.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

No group discussion, only face to face interview for local candidates. Will check your analytical and logical reasoning skill along with DBMS queries and Unix commands and scripting. Data structure along with some OOP language is required. Data warehousing concepts is added advantage along with above skills.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

first round was telephonic round they just check your communication skills and i was called to a face to face interview the face to face interview went for about 1 hour. next round was after four weeks. Manager and one more team leader took the interview separately both 30 minutes each. they asked management questions and technical questions from engineering subjects.
    after two weeks i was called for one more interview face to face with the HR over skype.
    ALL these while i thought i am almost selected. but after two weeks they called me to inform that they cannot shortlist me and they can offer me internship . i said okay and after two weeks they called me for hr round. it has been two weeks since no call yet...disappointed with the procedure..they just build hope and let us down.

Interview Questions

• simple easy basic questions   1 Answer