Internal Data Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Internal Data Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Internal Data Resources

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Dallas, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

- Was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter and had a quick phone call. The recruiter was very informal and almost rude. He talked more about himself than the actual job or company. Was told that the company was growing exponentially and how great of an opportunity it was. The recruiter stated he had been with the company for 6 years, however I looked on his LinkedIn and it showed he had been with 2 other companies in between that time, before returning to IDR. So that was fishy already. Was then set up for an on-site interview which was only supposed to be 1 hour, however my stay was over 2 hours. Got to the site and was surprised at how small the office really was. They crammed about 20 employees into a room the size of a classroom. I did not consider that "growing exponentially" but to each their own. Very young office with music playing. Had 3 separate interviews. Each interviewer took 10-15 minutes before entering the interview room. I felt that it should have been scheduled better. The VP boasted about retention rates within the staffing industry, which I believed was a lie. After the interviews was the shadowing portion, where they let you roam around the room. Upon shadowing the members in the office, I had asked how long they had been working at IDR. The majority were under 6 or 3 months. This was another red flag as even the managers had only been there for at most 2 years. Still waiting on whether or not an offer will be made, however I have no interest in the company after my experiences. The practices felt shady from the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Dallas, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Had phone interview and then met with two managers at the branch. It is very conversational, you ask questions almost majority of the time. I would say to be confident, and know that IT is something you really want to get into. Also be prepared to tell them why you want to work for them and how you are ready to take on the daily challenges you will meet.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 things you look for in a company?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you try to succeed at something and failed, then tried again and succeeded at?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

Interview

30 minute over-the-phone interview. They asked me on the spot personal questions that were difficult to answer. They also asked many questions about my knowledge of their company. I prefer in person interviews rather than over the phone interviews.

Contract Role With An IDR Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

They're out to grow their own business, and tried to use my professional network to do it. I understand that as a recruiting company (and they did find me on LinkedIn), they need to carefully vet candidates they submit to clients. I tolerated the suffocating amount of communication leading up to the interview. However, when they discovered that a former employer of mine was a client of theirs, they would not stop hounding me for my manager's name. Called me and texted me several times a day for this information.

My manager had left the company, and they insisted they speak with someone still active in the company or I would not be moving forward. My reference informed me that it was a sales pitch, not a reference call. That's a despicable way of doing business. They then wanted the name of my manager at my current organization. I said absolutely not, and demanded to be removed from their database and any positions I was being considered for immediately. Do not make the same mistake of subjecting yourself or your network to this scum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Addison, TX).

Interview

Very quick to respond to job posting. Set up a phone interview that was initially around 30min. The recruiter asks that you wait a day or so before letting them know if you’re interested. After calling them again they help you schedule an interview. The recruiter calls you before your interview to help prepare you for the in person segment, and they also ask that you call them back after the interview to de-brief. After my in person interview, calling the recruiter back, and e-mailing the person directly who interviewed me- NOTHING from IDR. I hope they don’t treat clients this way. People wait after hearing back on interviews to accept another job offer or not. Not following up can affect someone’s life, and their time.

Not professional, AT ALL.

Interview Questions

Internal Data Resources Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We deeply apologize for this lack of communication and the bad experience it created for you. This is not in line with our core values and standard of excellence, and we are committed to improving our process to make sure this does not happen again. All parties involved have been addressed and will be using this feedback as a learning and improvement lesson.

We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and for considering our company in your job search. Your feedback is highly valued and much appreciated, and goes a long way in helping us be better in everything we do!

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources in November 2017.

Interview

Straight Ghosted Me!

I applied. The process took maybe 30 minutes online. Then, I was immediately contacted via phone call minutes later.

The call lasted 30 minutes and I found out that this was a temp position with a client of IDR's. Towards the end of the email, the recruiter told me that they would be putting my resume into the mix of applicants for the position. I was slated to hear back from them after the holiday and that when they went silent.

Emailed again just to see if anything had changed? Nothing.
    Emailed to see if they could just be cordial and let me know that their client wasn't interested ( hey it happens...no big deal). Nothing.

Highly unprofessional. Especially with dealing with a Sr. Manager that has over 10 years of experience in my field.

Played directly into the recruiter stereotype that you hear of all the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit.
      Basic background questions.
      Basic problem / solution questions.
      What tools and software I'm familiar with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed in the office with 3 recruiters at once. The questions they asked were unprofessional, and didn't seem interested in experience. It felt like more of an interrogation than an interview. They went back and asked the same questions trying to trip you up on your previous answer. Frankly, it was a waste of time/travel. Stopped communication before there was an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any other interviews. How many? Which companies?   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was easy and laid back and I immediately received confirmation of an on-site interview. The insight interview was fine but nothing special. The lack of professionalism came after the on-site interview when I heard NOTHING from anyone. I called and left several voicemails and several emails only to be ignored. This is shocking because I interviewed at a RECRUITING firm and during the RECRUITMENT process. I was left out to dry without a single word in any direction. This is so unprofessional and I am extremely unimpressed with this company. It has been 2 months since the last interview and still no word. If I had not followed up with several people it would be one thing, but I made a point of reaching out to everyone I interacted with and was completely ignored. If this is the type of company that drops the ball on the most basic interview courtesy, I can’t imagine how day to day life is.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

Interview

Job Shadow for 10 minutes, followed by a 10 minute essay, and 3 Panel onsite interview.
    I was asked to take an aptitude test with HTML, XML, and CSS that was not job impacting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Internal Data Resources (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I added one of the recruiters on LinkedIn and she reached out to me about a phone interview. I interview that week on the phone. She told me that I could come to Nashville to interview, but I never heard back from her after I accepted the invitation.