Internal Data Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric French

Pros
Cons
  • people and told them about the long hours, hard work, etc (in 18 reviews)

• work life balance is not a thing (in 8 reviews)

"Great energetic environment!!"

Pros

Young, vibrant place to work. The harder you work, the more you will get in return. Great place to work for those who are competitive and thrive in fast paced environments.

Cons

Not your typical 9-5 job. You have to put in the hours to get great results.

2. "Beware In-Coming College Graduates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you a high base salary, but it's because their commission structure is sooo low compared to other organizations in the same industry, and down the same street in Atlanta! This is a great job for straight out of college students, looking for their first jobs - BUT the CEO and branch manager's will capitalize on this.

Cons

You must drink the company kool-aid. You must befriend the CEO. It's most certainly a good-ol-boy system if you're trying to move up in the company. You're forced to work out and run 4 miles with the company, 2 days a week, rather than focus on your desk and being successful.

Advice to Management

You should consider getting new management if you're trying to change the direction of the company, not utilize the same resources, or you're duplicating your failure. Your turnover is the lowest in the industry for a reason, your competitors know how to retain top talent, you should take Notes.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time

Pros

The only pro to working here is that you have the potential to make a lot of money.

Cons

The company is way more concerned about profit than the individual. You have the potential to make a lot of money but have to sacrifice everything in the process. Recruiting companies are a dime a dozen these days... don't work at this one.

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It's always sad to hear when an employee leaves IDR with a negative experience, and this is no exception. It sounds like we did a poor job while you were with us of explaining how our Benefits and ... More

5. "Awesome Company"

Pros

great culture - good training - excellent leadership - cool office - awesome people - PING PONG

Cons

work life balance is not a thing

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. Happy to work with you on figuring out a way to help you, and all our teammates, with your struggles around work/life balance. All sales environments struggle with this ... More

"Intern"

Pros

Hands on experience with staffing.

Cons

Everything. Basically they use you for cheap labor.

"Technical Recruiter"

Pros

There is a good commission opportunity

Cons

There is no work life balance

Advice to Management

It's not always 100% about metrics

8. "Awesome staff"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Arlington, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is highly responsive and attentive, making sure that you have all that you need to be successful as a contractor. They regularly check your status and effectively negotiate with their clients on your behalf. I started with a 2-week contract that was extended to 10-months. IDR is one of the few staffing firms that provide insurance. By far, they have been the best staffing firm that I have worked with.

Cons

Need more Tarrant County opportunities.

"IDR's Referral Program"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

N/A - addressing only the referral program

Cons

IDR's REFERRAL PROGRAM - Get everything in writing. Regardless of what the company says or promotes they tend to play the "wait and see" game - management will sit around and not address items hoping that they disappear. If they do surface they try and find any "loophole" they can to keep from paying what is deserved. If you choose to partner with this company, set up-front terms and (again) get everything in writing.

Advice to Management

Understand that there are hundreds of staffing companies around and that you are probably not the only one out there with that same position (not hard to google). Keeping great relationships with people who trust you enough to send over referrals should be high priority.

"Your success is up to you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great company culture - high energy, fun.
    Professional development - a lot of time and money is put into training employees as well as continual development like Leadership Development and Mentorship Program
    Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure. Your annual salary is solely based on your ambition and what you put into it.

Cons

The only thing is that many of our employees are entry-level, right out of college so most are expecting a typical 8 to 5 and immediate gratification (hires and commission). It takes time and hard work to ramp up and to start being successful in the business. It's sales.

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to see when our team 'gets it'. We'll keep working on our training plans to help limit that ramp up time for our new team members. In the meantime, we'd ... More

"Misrepresentation of ESOP for longevity of employees"

Former Employee - Project DB2 Database Administrator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project DB2 Database Administrator in Washington, DC

Pros

1) I was able to work through IDR out of Atlanta, GA, 100% from my home for 7 years.
    2) The money was fairly good, but the company policy of a review every year did not occur; instead I had to contact the CEO, Eric French, after my 3rd year to even get noticed.

Cons

My largest complaint concerning IDR is that they profess to value their employees, and offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that may or may not pay out to anyone in the far distant future, maybe. The company may or may not ever pay out to anyone, except to those working in the main offices, at the whim of whomever controls the fund.
    If the ESOP is part of any prospective employee of the company in making their decision to work for IDR, then they may wish to rethink working for this company.

Advice to Management

Make it clear on your career website that your ESOP is only for those employees that you choose to grant use of it, after being vested, and that you've set it up in such a way that it will probably never be paid out to the people, contract or other employees, that make up your company.

Aug 26, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It is an IDR practice to make sure each of our employees understand the entire IDR benefits structure; including those listed benefits of IDR’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Not only is an overview ... More