Internal Data Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Eric French

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • people and told them about the long hours, hard work, etc (in 18 reviews)

• work life balance is not a thing (in 8 reviews)

"Great energetic environment!!"

Pros

Young, vibrant place to work. The harder you work, the more you will get in return. Great place to work for those who are competitive and thrive in fast paced environments.

Cons

Not your typical 9-5 job. You have to put in the hours to get great results.

"Beware In-Coming College Graduates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you a high base salary, but it's because their commission structure is sooo low compared to other organizations in the same industry, and down the same street in Atlanta! This is a great job for straight out of college students, looking for their first jobs - BUT the CEO and branch manager's will capitalize on this.

Cons

You must drink the company kool-aid. You must befriend the CEO. It's most certainly a good-ol-boy system if you're trying to move up in the company. You're forced to work out and run 4 miles with the company, 2 days a week, rather than focus on your desk and being successful.

Advice to Management

You should consider getting new management if you're trying to change the direction of the company, not utilize the same resources, or you're duplicating your failure. Your turnover is the lowest in the industry for a reason, your competitors know how to retain top talent, you should take Notes.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time

Pros

The only pro to working here is that you have the potential to make a lot of money.

Cons

The company is way more concerned about profit than the individual. You have the potential to make a lot of money but have to sacrifice everything in the process. Recruiting companies are a dime a dozen these days... don't work at this one.

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It's always sad to hear when an employee leaves IDR with a negative experience, and this is no exception. It sounds like we did a poor job while you were with us of explaining how our Benefits and... More

4. "Awesome Company"

Pros

great culture - good training - excellent leadership - cool office - awesome people - PING PONG

Cons

work life balance is not a thing

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. Happy to work with you on figuring out a way to help you, and all our teammates, with your struggles around work/life balance. All sales environments struggle with this... More

"Intern"

Pros

Hands on experience with staffing.

Cons

Everything. Basically they use you for cheap labor.

"Technical Recruiter"

Pros

There is a good commission opportunity

Cons

There is no work life balance

Advice to Management

It's not always 100% about metrics

7. "Awesome staff"

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Arlington, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is highly responsive and attentive, making sure that you have all that you need to be successful as a contractor. They regularly check your status and effectively negotiate with their clients on your behalf. I started with a 2-week contract that was extended to 10-months. IDR is one of the few staffing firms that provide insurance. By far, they have been the best staffing firm that I have worked with.

Cons

Need more Tarrant County opportunities.

"Misrepresentation of ESOP for longevity of employees"

Former Employee - Project DB2 Database Administrator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project DB2 Database Administrator in Washington, DC

Pros

1) I was able to work through IDR out of Atlanta, GA, 100% from my home for 7 years.
    2) The money was fairly good, but the company policy of a review every year did not occur; instead I had to contact the CEO, Eric French, after my 3rd year to even get noticed.

Cons

My largest complaint concerning IDR is that they profess to value their employees, and offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that may or may not pay out to anyone in the far distant future, maybe. The company may or may not ever pay out to anyone, except to those working in the main offices, at the whim of whomever controls the fund.
    If the ESOP is part of any prospective employee of the company in making their decision to work for IDR, then they may wish to rethink working for this company.

Advice to Management

Make it clear on your career website that your ESOP is only for those employees that you choose to grant use of it, after being vested, and that you've set it up in such a way that it will probably never be paid out to the people, contract or other employees, that make up your company.

Aug 26, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It is an IDR practice to make sure each of our employees understand the entire IDR benefits structure; including those listed benefits of IDR’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Not only is an overview... More

"Your success is up to you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great company culture - high energy, fun.
    Professional development - a lot of time and money is put into training employees as well as continual development like Leadership Development and Mentorship Program
    Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure. Your annual salary is solely based on your ambition and what you put into it.

Cons

The only thing is that many of our employees are entry-level, right out of college so most are expecting a typical 8 to 5 and immediate gratification (hires and commission). It takes time and hard work to ramp up and to start being successful in the business. It's sales.

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to see when our team 'gets it'. We'll keep working on our training plans to help limit that ramp up time for our new team members. In the meantime, we'd... More

"IDR"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined IDR to become successful and be apart of a growing and nurturing company with a vision, and that is exactly what I got. I was trained to be tough and had to deal with a lot of coaching and criticism, but that is what I expected coming into a new company and new industry right out of college. If someone is looking for a job where they are not pushed and coached to be successful, and they don't strive to be successful, this job or industry is really not for you. Within 3 months I was promoted, and within another 6 months after that I promoted - and that was because I was pushed to greatness and because my leaders had faith in me and coached me the way to the top. Now I am a leader to newcomers in the company and pushing others to greatness, while I am continuing my growth in success and as a leader. IDR has given me the opportunity of a lifetime and I respect this company and this opportunity more than anything.

I am watching the company grow before my eyes with new strategies, new ideals, and a new COO who is quickly and progressively pushing everyone in the right direction. If you do not want to be part of a company that truly cares about your success and greatness to the point where they push you above your limits and outside your comfort zone, don't join the company, and don't pursue IT staffing. But if you want to join a close-knit group of hard-working, success-driven, and awesome individuals who care about each other's personal and professional greatness, it may be for you.

As an employee who had a rough and tough few months at the beginning, I will tell you that IDR takes care of you like no other. Whether it's internal competitions to go on a free vacation or the compensation program for fitness/health & wellness activities, IDR wants the best for its employees and makes sure that hard work not only earns big bucks, but earns you perks as well.

Cons

Turnover - because of failure to evaluate individuals who are willing to put in the effort to truly exceed and be coached to greatness. It's not for everyone, which is fine and standard for the target age-range. But, in personal experience I have interviewed 15+ people and told them about the long hours, hard work, etc. and they have all agreed and "been excited" about the opportunity...then later quit or gotten let go because of the reasons they were "excited" in the first place (not okay with the long hours or hard work to become successful in sales or recruiting).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - Jeff, the new Chief Operations Officer, is going to make IDR unstoppable - so make sure new recruiters and account managers know the expectations and are willing to meet them to be successful.

Jun 6, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your review. IDR is pleased to have individuals like you on our team. Looking forward to our future with you.