Internal Data Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Ashley Holahan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company willing to put money back into the offices (in 5 reviews)

• extremely competitive base and generous commission structure in comparison to their competitors (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not a thing (in 8 reviews)

• You have the potential to make a lot of money but have to sacrifice everything in the process (in 3 reviews)

1. "Hard work does pay off!"

Current Employee - Branch Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

IDR offers an incredible opportunity for people to come into a company that is in extreme growth mode and really add value. IDR has a very competitive base and commision and offers great benefits to its employees. IDR invests a tremendous amount in every employee and expects that our teammates give it their all everyday. Fun place and people to work with!

Cons

Staffing is a tough industry, no hiding that. IDR can't change the industry, but they do everything they can to invest in the success of every employee.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. The changes that IDR has made over the last 12 month have been great, keep it up!

"Growth, Fun, and Money!"

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time

Pros

One big thing I was looking for out of college was a company that would allow for growth opportunities. IDR has multiple career paths and opportunities to move up within the company as either a Recruiter or Account Manager. All of the Branch Managers started off as recruiters so seeing the organic growth is really exciting. You can get promoted for the first time after just 4-6 months! You don't see that in many companies.

The culture is probably the biggest reason why people love IDR. When you are working with people you can consider friends and not just co-workers, it makes the day go by so much faster. We take time to celebrate milestones and accomplishments as a team. Happy hours, Sounds games, Escape Game, etc.

You also have the potential to make a ton of money. With uncapped commission you can set yourself up financially at a young age.

Cons

It does take some time to get ramped up. You don't see the big money or success right away so you have to be patient and keep working hard even when you don't see immediate results. The end result is so worth it though!

3. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no sitting around watching the clock here- the day flies by because everyone stays busy and works hard the entirety of the day. There is a lot of energy in the office and collaboration going on, making things a lot more dynamic than just sitting at a desk staring at a screen all day. Management is very involved and cares about the individual, not just the end goal and numbers. There is an endless opportunity to make a ton of money here. Everyone enjoys what they do and cares deeply about the company, making it much more than just a job.

Cons

If you aren't prepared to work hard while you are here, you won't do well. Everyone is on their A game and expectations are high- which leads to a lot of success, but can catch some people off guard if they aren't used to actually working at work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Stay involved at the desk level and stay in touch with the individual, not just the end results.

4. "Leaders growing Leaders!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We're an organically grown company - So you're being trained/led/mentored by those whom have been in your exact shoes! IDR's training is a huge pro - You're hands on from day one and have a dedicated Delivery manager who is committed to helping you to succeed & to exceed your goals. IDR has certain metrics in place to help to teach you the fundamental habits necessary to be successful & then you're given the autonomy to put your creative touch on your role, in order to get the job done! One thing that was important to me was finding a company who would allow me to grow at my own pace, regardless of my tenure & one that did not cap out commission-wise - IDR has allowed me to grow my career at an extremely rapid pace - Within two years I have already hit my third promotion & the un-capped commission structure has allowed me to exceed my financial goals month-over-month.

At the end of the day, sales is sales and you have to be willing to put in the work to see the results - The difference is in IDR's culture - Our team acts as a close-knit family - We celebrate wins, push one-another to succeed, and support one-another every day. At IDR you'll grow both personally and professionally - You'll be able to give back what has been given to you, by continuing to mentor and lead, as others mentored/led you!

Cons

There is a ramp-up period in your first few months; Some see results quicker than others. Those who put their faith in the system and follow the playbook will see the results - It's all about trusting the process & jumping in with two feet!!!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "The place to be for a fun work environment that rewards hard work!"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-You won't find a place with better earning potential. It definitely requires effort and a lot of hard work, but the reward is great compensation.
    -Fun atmosphere and environment. Most employees are relatively young and are the type of people you would hang out with after work.
    -Great benefits, corporate health program, and ESOP program.
    -Clear expectations and training provided.

Cons

-It's not for everyone. You will stay busy and have a full plate everyday, but it teaches good habits and really pays off for your career. It's a true work hard, play hard environment, and some will thrive in it, but others may want an easier and less challenging path. But for those motivated, it's a great environment to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep making the positive changes! The company is headed in a good direction.

6. "Job Training (excellent training program for all experience levels)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my opinion IDR offers world class training that successfully turns an entry level person into a competent business professional. IDR's training can be described at any given time as unique, thorough, hands-on, situational, structured, challenging, productive, specialized, on-the-job, inspiring, dynamic, insightful, innovative, data driven, etc. Plus you always get real time feedback.

IDR's training program is designed to allow employees to gain experience and skills at a much quicker pace than other companies, resulting in 1 year of experience at IDR being the equivalent of 3 years of experience at a competing company.

Cons

No Cons in regards to Training.

"Beware In-Coming College Graduates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you a high base salary, but it's because their commission structure is sooo low compared to other organizations in the same industry, and down the same street in Atlanta! This is a great job for straight out of college students, looking for their first jobs - BUT the CEO and branch manager's will capitalize on this.

Cons

You must drink the company kool-aid. You must befriend the CEO. It's most certainly a good-ol-boy system if you're trying to move up in the company. You're forced to work out and run 4 miles with the company, 2 days a week, rather than focus on your desk and being successful.

Advice to Management

You should consider getting new management if you're trying to change the direction of the company, not utilize the same resources, or you're duplicating your failure. Your turnover is the lowest in the industry for a reason, your competitors know how to retain top talent, you should take Notes.

"Great energetic environment!!"

Pros

Young, vibrant place to work. The harder you work, the more you will get in return. Great place to work for those who are competitive and thrive in fast paced environments.

Cons

Not your typical 9-5 job. You have to put in the hours to get great results.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time

Pros

The only pro to working here is that you have the potential to make a lot of money.

Cons

The company is way more concerned about profit than the individual. You have the potential to make a lot of money but have to sacrifice everything in the process. Recruiting companies are a dime a dozen these days... don't work at this one.

Internal Data Resources Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It's always sad to hear when an employee leaves IDR with a negative experience, and this is no exception. It sounds like we did a poor job while you were with us of explaining how our Benefits and... More

"Awesome Company"

Pros

great culture - good training - excellent leadership - cool office - awesome people - PING PONG

Cons

work life balance is not a thing

Internal Data Resources Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. Happy to work with you on figuring out a way to help you, and all our teammates, with your struggles around work/life balance. All sales environments struggle with this... More