Jack in the Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

1.9

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (North Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

the environment and the staff was very friendly, the managers got to know who you are and explained how things work. they ask a serious of questions regarding your qualifications and your lifestyle.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

Well, I heard about the job opportunity through one of my friends when I was in high school. I filled out an application online, and came in for an interview a few days later. It wasn't really much of an interview, it was very unprofessional and informal. I met the manager in her tiny office and stood at the doorway as she asked me questions about my schedule and school. At the time, I didn't get the job because I was a week away from turning 16, and she told me she liked me and would hold my position, but when I asked for another interview later, she said she would call me but never did.

Interview Questions

• What days would you be able to work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

The interview process was very relax and the manager was very kind. It probably took no longer than 30 minutes and at the time I was still a minor so there was not much to question me about...

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic; what do you see yourself in 5 years, how I would handle different situations and etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box in June 2017.

Interview

I called up to the location i asked if they were hiring they said yes ....i went into the establishment did my application turned it in to one of the managers she then called the district manager they told me to wait for a call.....i got a call a hour later to come in for an interview that next morning the interview was easy asked basic questions .. when the interview was over i was told to wait for a call back the following morning i didnt get a call so i called they then told me to come in again for a 2nd interview i did the second interview an got hired on the spot then i came in the next day an did my tax forms etc.... and got my work uniform basically its just a hat and a shirt (red shirt) (black jack in the box hat) u supply yourself with the black work pants.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (O'Fallon, MO).

Interview

I was asked a couple of questions about my work history. I seemed like anyone who applied got hired! I felt like my low cut shirt was more important to him than any experience I may have had. After getting hired you could tell that as long as you were semi "attractive" you got hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It's fast food, minimum wage is expected

To BE A Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Delano, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

They told me i need to be friendly to customers and have a great custumer service.I know that customers always come first.That the food always need to be hot and gresh.So it could have a great flavor and tasty.

Interview Questions

• If i had experience in working at fast food restaurants.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager was incredibly nice, he had me fill out an application (I had applied online) then looked it over and asked me some basic questions (see below), then branched off into asking questions about some of the things I had mentioned in my answers. In terms of hiring me, he usually waits a couple days but he hired me at the end of the interview. We discussed wages, training, uniform, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate a wage or anything, this will be my first job and he is starting me above minimum wage, so I'm pretty happy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Management asked standard questions why should i hire you? what did you do at your previous job? why did you leave? do you have flexible hours? do you know how to use a register? are you comfortable with working a very long shift? do you have reliable transportation? are you comfortable working with irate customers?

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

5 rounds of technical questions. Databases etc focus. First round was with the recruiter. Second round was with the hiring manager. Remaining rounds are with the technical leads and team members. It went very well.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jack in the Box (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was easy, I was promoted from within so they didn't ask me many questions. It was one on one and the process was easy. There was no training.