Jewel-Osco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jewel-Osco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.7

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview

First interview was behavior based then the second was more conversational and situational. The process took about 3 weeks from my first interview to my start date. They were very good of communicating the next steps in a quick and timely fashion.

Pharm Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was super nice and made the interview very comfortable. She explained what I would be doing working as a Pharm Tech at Jewel and what I should expect on a daily basis. Was asked about availability, past education and experiences.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Super easy, practically gave me the job. Few questions, simple process. The lady was very polite, took the drug test the same day. She did take awhile to get me into the actual interview, waited about 20 minutes.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview

They was nice let you know on the spot it you hire or not. Just be yourself it's a really easy interview no hard questions basically if you get an interview you got the job

Facer/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Wheaton, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call the day after I applied to come in for an interview. The lady just asked about my previous job history, my availability, and what I'm looking for in a job. Then I had to sign some paper work, a background check, and a drug screening before watching a four hour video orientation two weeks the interview before getting the job!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 Minutes long. I walked into a meeting with a boss that plucked my name because she recognized my name for 20 years ago. She told me who shew was in the interview. I have no idea.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from Jewel?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Saint Charles, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Called to schedule an interview at the store. I then went in, spoke to someone at the front desk, and then was taken to the back where I talked to the front end manager. She asked some light questions about my experience and described what the job would involve.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you for some information you didn't have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

There really wasn't an interview. As long as you showed up you got the job. The woman asked me one question and the rest of the time she talked about the job. She also explained what it meant that jewel was a union. Very easy. Offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that was more money. They wanted to start me off as a bagger for 8.60 and hour. Was looking for a bit more.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Frankfort, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the same day, the recruiter at the Jewel Osco location I applied at gave me a call to come in for an interview the next day. When I went in for the interview, it was just 1 on 1 with the recruiter and we basically had a casual conversation. She commented on how close I lived to the store and made a few remarks on my resume and experience, but she didn't ask me any tough interview questions. After that she walked me over to the pharmacy to meet the staff there and the pharmacy manager. The pharmacy manager asked me if I had a license and if I had renewed it (since the license was going to expire the next month). After that, I left and was invited back the next week to finish up the hiring process. When I came back the next week, I meet with the recruiter again and was given an oral drug screen, formally accepted the offer, and initiated the background check. After that, the recruiter told me the background check could take up to 10 days so she scheduled my orientation (for 4 hours of pay) for the next week, told me about the uniform (black closed toe shoes, black pants) and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pharmacy technician license?   1 Answer

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a call that they wanted to interview me. The interview was in the store. Interview itself was very easy and pretty quick. After the interview I received a call in a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you where an item was on your first day, what would you say if you did not know.   1 Answer