Jimmy John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jimmy John's Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2018

1.5

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Short phone interview and On Site interview. Was very confusing since they gave me the official papers for the job but never called back. The actual interview was very easy however, this could be due to poor management.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Super easy and relaxed. I walked in and asked for a job, they handed me an application and said I needed to memorize the menu. I came back a few days later, while the manager was there, and wrote out the menu.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a pen and paper and made me sit away from the menu boards and write out the whole menu from memory. This included all sandwiches and everything on them.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

It was practical. They asked about my availability, if I had reliable transportation, if I had worked in food service before. Seemed like just a reason to meet me before starting.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

very informal - everyone was really great!! The manager asked about my previous work experience. I dressed business casual. Overall, it wasn't bad at all. Not very intimidating. Make sure to have a resume handy!!

Interview Questions

• Asked whether I work better independently or with a team.   1 Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Quick and fast, need to understand that their is no health benefits and it can cause you stress if your over 26. It is a pretty fast interview and it can help to be at least dress in a polo and jeans prior

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience at Jimmy Johns   1 Answer

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

All behavioral questions, very easy and in person, memorize the sandwich ingredients. Can do over the phone or in person, varies locations. Hiring and interview process in general is very easy.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite salami?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. They sent an email with the dates of the open interview. I went to the location; where there were other candidates waiting to be interviewed. The staff was nice.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Very informal, walked in, talked to the manager, who asked me a couple of questions, directed me to their online site to formally apply, and hired me immediately. I had just gone in to ask about jobs, but since the store manager was their, we talked right then. I didn't need to dress up or anything.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked fast food before?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was sat down in the dining area of the restaurant and asked about my past work experience if any. Then the interview progressed into questions about my driving history and any criminal background. It was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What about your driving record?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Tempe, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. NO problem to pass the interview. I did it in less than 3 minutes. I come off as a decent person and was dressed well and was professional.

Interview Questions

• None, I was personable and dressed nicely so it was an easy in. Showed up 10 minutes early and the interview lasted about 3 minutes. I have worked for places like this before so it is an easy transition. Sent me the paperwork to fill out online so the onboarding process is faster!   Answer Question