Jimmy John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2018

1.5

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Two separate interviews.

Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Some personal performance questions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult event/thing you've been through.

Strength/weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just discussion with your direct hire. You have the option to negotiate salary, a vacation, etc.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Was invited to headquarters for a group meeting, and got a hotel the night before. We were about dozen candidates, and were asked to fill some papers out covering some interview questions. The the director discussed the job, and asked questions of each of us before the group. The job was described with such unprofessional candor that I would have appreciated beforehand so I would not have bothered.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (West Covina, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Instantly notified via email sent with the proper orientation requirements and information to be tested on. Appointed a meeting date and time within a week, began orientation with several hires. Tested on the menu the top scores passed orientation and were rewarded a uniform and date to begin work.

Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Smithfield, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

they said I got the job when they saw my face. I reckon I am blessed

Interview Questions

• If we hire you how will you better our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Will you work for us

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Hickory, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward, being a new store with new personnel, I was promoted from Delivery Driver to Catering Manager within the first month of opening. The promotion involved higher pay, a percentage of catering sales, and weekends off.

Interview Questions

• You seem outgoing, motivated, and fun. We think you would be a good Catering Manager. You will get a raise immediately and you won't have to work on weekends. Are you interested?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Wasn't any... Handed me a packet of papers to fill out asked me 2questions and left my personal info along with my ssn sitting on the desk for everyone to see it for days until I started my first shift. No privacy. .

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Not to bad, I had a phone interview and that was the extent of the interview process until i received an on site interview. I really did like the person that interviewed me. I did a decent amount of preparation for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

quick, fun, interesting people to speak with about their own company was fun to hear what they said and fun to be in the food are of jimmy johns where they make fun food with fun tools and fun people!!

Intern Interview

Interview

got screening on phone first, then was interviewed by three people.. process took about a week

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call from a lower level Systems administrator who was excited and wanted me to talk to the Director. Email from the IT Director who then setup a phone call for over the phone interview. Setup in person interview. After interview received email asking for standard application be completed. Received follow up email stating that they were still talking to people. Never heard from again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you okay with having to work 2 weeks in a store?   Answer Question