Jimmy John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jimmy John's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018

1.5

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

It was practical. They asked about my availability, if I had reliable transportation, if I had worked in food service before. Seemed like just a reason to meet me before starting.

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Quick and fast, need to understand that their is no health benefits and it can cause you stress if your over 26. It is a pretty fast interview and it can help to be at least dress in a polo and jeans prior

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience at Jimmy Johns   1 Answer

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

All behavioral questions, very easy and in person, memorize the sandwich ingredients. Can do over the phone or in person, varies locations. Hiring and interview process in general is very easy.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite salami?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Very informal, walked in, talked to the manager, who asked me a couple of questions, directed me to their online site to formally apply, and hired me immediately. I had just gone in to ask about jobs, but since the store manager was their, we talked right then. I didn't need to dress up or anything.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked fast food before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Plano, TX).

Interview

I was sat down in the dining area of the restaurant and asked about my past work experience if any. Then the interview progressed into questions about my driving history and any criminal background. It was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What about your driving record?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

I was called in quickly for an interview from an application I filled out online. It was quite an easy process, as I got a response one week later. Manager was nice and offered a standard hourly pay.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Tempe, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. NO problem to pass the interview. I did it in less than 3 minutes. I come off as a decent person and was dressed well and was professional.

Interview Questions

• None, I was personable and dressed nicely so it was an easy in. Showed up 10 minutes early and the interview lasted about 3 minutes. I have worked for places like this before so it is an easy transition. Sent me the paperwork to fill out online so the onboarding process is faster!   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in December 2017.

Interview

Was contacted at a random time for a phone screen. I rescheduled to a more appropriate time. I did not get a follow up email to confirm, no big deal. However, my phone screen was conducted by someone who seemed very elementary and new to the role. The recruiter asked questions that repeated itself and the questions were very canned. There is no desire to build rapport with the candidate. The phone screen were also very basic questions and only lasted 10 minutes. That was probably the easiest and shortest phone screen I've had, and perhaps the least professional. Reading interview difficulties on glassdoor, I would say the easy rating for the interviews make sense.

The same when the recruiter first called at a random time, I asked if we can speak at a later time the recruiter just said the next morning is very busy.

Interview Questions

Interview

The hiring is simple and the schedules are flexed. Anybody with a good driving record can basically get approved as a driver but note THE DRIVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS VEHICLE WHILE ON THE ROAD.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Braintree, MA).

Interview

Filled out application in store. Sat down with the owner of the store and he told me about the location and job requirements. He asked me a few questions to get to know me, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean bathrooms?   1 Answer