Jive Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jive Software Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

3.1

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Software.

Interview

Spoke to three different people, all super nice, but no follow up. Once i reached out I got rejected with no reasoning, after a week of silence. Wasn't sure who the right person to get in touch with was, had emailed a recruiter and had phone calls with a hiring manager and head of department I think. Was really excited about Jive and the feedback I got honestly made me think I got the offer, but no :(

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Software.

Interview

Applied through website and then had phone screening, one phone call, two video calls. Everyone was super enthusiastic and helpful; I couldn't have asked for a better interview process!

Interview Questions

• Mostly about experience, background, things I've done in the past/currently doing related to experience needed for position   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR).

Interview

8 hours of back to back interviews. Less then 24 hours to create an original presentation. Everyone I met was amazing and even the presentation was a blast to present.

Senior Professional Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Three informative phone interviews (HR, Hiring Manager, Technical) followed by a long format interview with a number of prospective peers split into several sessions. The people I interviewed with were all terrific and did a good job of sussing out my fit without being overbearing. There was pizza and fizzy water at the long format interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my history, experience, professional preferences, general technical acumen, detailed technical knowledge and pizza preference.   Answer Question

Manager, Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who asked some questions about my history and skills, then spoke with a Manager on the team I was applying for. Both were extremely friendly and answered any questions I had.

In person interviews happened over the course of several hours where I met with various members of the management team as well as the direct reports I would be gaining should I be hired. These interviews lasted anywhere from 30-60 min and covered much of the job as well as how I would fit in on a team level.

The last set of interviews were with the Hiring Manager (Director) and VP - these were roughly 45-60 min each.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial contact by recruiter, who set up the initial interview. Had another phone interview with the manager (same day), and later met with the manager. Also met with three others by video link as they were off site. Great use of resources which enabled me to only make one trip into their office.
    Very organized by recruiter, manager, and manager's peers. The whole process was very transparent, flowed very naturally, and left no surprises!
    I've ranked the "Interview Difficulty as average because it seemed we were all on the same page and didn't feel hard or too easy. :)

CIC SaaS Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their site and was contacted 3 days later by a recruiter. We spoke briefly and then scheduled a half hour phone interview to talk more about the job, company, and my resume. A couple days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager where we mostly talked about my resume, the company and what the job entailed. A few days later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview where I would be flown out to Portland, all travel expenses paid for by the company. In the on site interview I was interviewed by 2 team members, the hiring manager, and the director of that department. The whole process was really great, everyone was helpful and answered all of my questions. A week after those interviews I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you kill a process in linux?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had several phone screens with the recruiting team prior to meeting with the hiring manager F2F two times. The entire process was very well coordinated and the level of communication regarding timing and next steps was excellent.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my software sales experience and success and sales process.   1 Answer

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

2 Phone screenings and 2 in person interviews. The interviewers asked very unique non-typical questions that encouraged thoughtful unique responses. The in person interviews consisted of multiple 30 minute to 1 hour interviews and included potential peers, upper management, as well as future team members. It was a very thorough process that insured applicants had the correct skills and would also be a good fit within the team itself.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions related to hypothetical situations that the department encounters. They encouraged asking questions that would allow you to provide a proper answer and give a better understanding of the role itself.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me and asked me a few qualifying questions. This process took about ten minutes. After that, she informed me that a manager would be calling me in the next day or two and she asked me what times would work for me. The manager called and spent about an hour discussing the position with me and asking me a few technical and non-technical questions.

The recruiter called me back the same day and asked for an in-person interview. After we agreed on what days would work, she got back to me within a few hours with an appointment.

On interview day, I arrived in the morning and interviewed with a few people remotely (over a video bridge) and a few locally. One of them took me out to lunch and we continued the interview. The questions were a mix of technical and non-technical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell a story about when I had a difficult time convincing a co-worker to adopt one of my ideas.   1 Answer