Found 273 of over 303 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Jive Software? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Jive Software employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great people with strong expertise and passion for their job." (in 51 reviews)
- "The original Jive had a great culture" (in 30 reviews)
- "Great benefits, including in" (in 13 reviews)
- "Throughout, I have been able to stay involved and connected to my team by virtue of the company's work" (in 9 reviews)
- "Extremely talented employees." (in 7 reviews)
- "bad management to work to do" (in 15 reviews)
- "#JiveSoftware needs better leadership, financial planning and innovators for that kind of stature and to be honest, if they are taking these types of shortcuts to show profit, they definitely do not have the funds for innovation." (in 7 reviews)
- "Being in different time zones can mean working longer hours on occasions for meetings, but the company is pretty flexible allowing you to work from home when needed and it all balances out." (in 6 reviews)
- "Bullying and aggressive atmosphere." (in 5 reviews)
- "On the flip side, however, that means more consistency and predictability, which is important for work/life balance." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Jive Software and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 1.0Mar 28, 2021Product DesignerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsPortland, OR
Jive had an amazing culture of amazing people who have moved on to uplift competitors and create successful startups. The culture of mutual respect was so strong that a very large contingent of employees stay in touch, make recommendations for each other, and generally look out for each other.
Aurea swooped in for the IP and customer list while demonstrating that they didn’t even fully comprehend the value or even the function of the product they were buying. They showed their hand on day one of the takeover in 2017. They showed that they had no respect for employees, nor for customers, and definitely not for security standards and certification that was hard fought for and won. Almost immediately they violated security protocols for certain customers and Jive's FedRamp status. Current management is unethical and purely self-serving. They must have done the back-of-napkin calculations before the takeover that they’d make their investment money back purely off the customer renewals for three years, while old loyal customers scrambled to find a replacement platform they could migrate their data to. Currently, as employers, they require spyware installed by IT on your own WFH equipment as part of your employment contract so that they may take screenshots and log keystrokes, just so they can make sure you’re being “efficient.”2
Jive Software Reviews FAQs
Jive Software has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 303 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Jive Software to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
44% of Jive Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jive Software 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.