KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jive Software Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2022

Found 274 of over 302 reviews

3.2
Jive Software CEO  Scott Brighton (no image)
Scott Brighton

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Jive Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Paralegal

Jan 31, 2018 - Senior Paralegal in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company, great people.

Cons

Nothing to mention here, Great!

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Literally a shell company of its former self

Mar 28, 2021 - Product Designer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jive had an amazing culture of amazing people who have moved on to uplift competitors and create successful startups. The culture of mutual respect was so strong that a very large contingent of employees stay in touch, make recommendations for each other, and generally look out for each other.

Cons

Aurea swooped in for the IP and customer list while demonstrating that they didn’t even fully comprehend the value or even the function of the product they were buying. They showed their hand on day one of the takeover in 2017. They showed that they had no respect for employees, nor for customers, and definitely not for security standards and certification that was hard fought for and won. Almost immediately they violated security protocols for certain customers and Jive's FedRamp status. Current management is unethical and purely self-serving. They must have done the back-of-napkin calculations before the takeover that they’d make their investment money back purely off the customer renewals for three years, while old loyal customers scrambled to find a replacement platform they could migrate their data to. Currently, as employers, they require spyware installed by IT on your own WFH equipment as part of your employment contract so that they may take screenshots and log keystrokes, just so they can make sure you’re being “efficient.”

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A tale of caution

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was good people, not sure anymore

Cons

Sold out to the highest bidder

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Missed opportunity

Jul 7, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

convenient work location and ability to work from home

Cons

toxic culture during transition - hopefully it's gotten better

5. 1.0

Avoid

Jun 30, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a great place to work, until they were acquired by Aurea.

Cons

The culture was absolutely gutted after the acquisition.

6. 1.0

Not A Good Company

Jan 26, 2021 - Saas Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no more redeeming qualities working for the new company Aurea.

Cons

They don't value employees it's a modern day sweat shop.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

A bit unfair...

Jun 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jive is actively trying. They got themselves in a mess, and the new executive team is trying everything they can to fix it. I've seen more change, more focus and more hard work from our executives in the last few months than I've seen in my entire time here. They are working endlessly to turn us around. Employees are treated well, and the executive team is trying it's best to keep the culture that Jivers know and love intact, while also trying to make the necessary changes to survive as a profitable company. Even when the RIF happened, Jivers that were affected were treated better than I've ever seen during a layoff/restructuring. Even in that time, Jive's focus was their employees. Jive is doing a u-turn back from the wrong direction, and more focused than ever on heading in the right direction.

Cons

Jive is transitioning. RIF's aren't fun for anyone, but Jive is trying. Change is never easy, and someone usually ends up upset or mad, but Jive is TRYING. Something had to change, and I think it will definitely take some dedicated work, but the chance is there. Jive's reputation took a hit, and it will definitely be an uphill battle.

7 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

It Was a Good Company Not Anymore Since The Acquisition By Aurea LLC/Cross Over

Nov 18, 2019 - Saas Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office amenities, coffee, snacks and drinks provided daily. Excellent employee support for computer related equipment. For the most part good cross team collaboration.

Cons

Now that Aurea LLC owns Jive. It's now the worst place I've worked at. The office building was closed, forced to work from home. You have to pay out of pocket to repair or replace computer related equipment. No vacation or sick time. You have to "clock In" virtual time clock. Any time off is at no pay regardless of use case. This even includes maternity leave.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not just a Job

Oct 28, 2014 - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, and great colleagues. Jive provides an atmosphere that is open and where you have great visibility. If you are someone who wants to just slide by and hide under the scenes this is not the place for you. If you want to learn, not just from those in the same role, but from everyone in the org. and truly develop yourself this is a great place to work. Also, the work at Jive is always changing, which keeps it new and interesting. Rarely do you find yourself doing the same thing/same pitch/etc. day after day. People actually want to be here to work and hang out. I see people every day grabbing a beer, bbq on the roof for lunch and having a good time, which really keeps us all wanting to come back in the next day and not dreading work. Since Jive is a place where people have fun but has great visibility you truly get what you put into it. This includes the hard work on your job as well as the relationships you build. Jive is an organization you are going to want to jump into and hit the ground running to be successful.

Cons

Career development is something that has always been worked on since I have been there and is in the works, however, the paths are still not the most clear. I do have to say that the efforts on this subject matter have been increased, and improvements are being made quickly, so my having this as a con will probably change in the near future.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A great company, ruined by a poorly executed acquisition

Nov 3, 2017 - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jive was once a great company full of amazing, talented people. Management was open and honest and really cared about their team and the well-being of its members. The product was and still is something I cannot imagine working without. My co-workers were wonderful and I always looked forward to coming into the office. One of the best places I have ever had the privilege to work for.

Cons

As soon as Jive was acquired things went down hill. The Aurea management teams are abysmal and incompetent their VP's were inexperienced, unprofessional and completely out of touch. If I wasn't watching a company that I love fall apart, it would have been comical how terrible the Aurea people I had to 'work' with were. The CEO is great at insulting the company and employees and at making the women in his meetings feel incredibly uncomfortable with his word choices. Jive is a sinking ship thanks to how poorly this acquisition was handled.

9 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 274 Reviews

Jive Software Reviews FAQs

Jive Software has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 302 reviews left anonymously by employees. 45% of employees would recommend working at Jive Software to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Jive Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Jive Software. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

45% of Jive Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jive Software 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Jive Software to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Jive Software Job Seekers