Journeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Journeys Interview Questions

Interviews at Journeys

2.0

Team Member Interview

Interview

I went in early and I was interviewed quickly. There were only two workers present. She told me that sb they were hiring for back to school but it’s June and I needed a job sooner than later

Interview Questions

• What were 2 things I wanted to work on ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys.

Interview

Went through 2 different interviews. Great personalities, but very unprofessional with the first interview. They weren't sure what questions to ask me. Interview was also in the food court of mall.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys.

Interview

Was quite simple, called you to have interview. Sit down with the manager of the store and talk about goals and future plans. Getting hired is pretty much based off having a personable attitude and being able to engage with people.

Manager Interview

Interview

It was a good 30-45 minute interview. It was very informative and easy going. Not too many questions. I was able to ask my own questions at the end as well. All I needed to do was take a test when I got home.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Journeys (Nashville, TN) in December 2019.

Interview

Initial Recruiter screen went well. A few days later I was invited onsite. Everyone I talked to/met with was personable and good representatives of the company. Only downside, like most companies these days, the follow through on the backend is lacking. I found out I wasn’t moving forward because they reposted the role versus calling or emailing. Not good for candidate experience.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys in October 2019.

Interview

First interview is with the store manager of the store you're applying to. Second is with the district manager. First interview went great. Typical questions concerning your skills, management abilities and personal characteristics. Second interview was very much the same, but the DM had such a hostile tone that I felt like I was wasting their time and didn't last nearly as long as the first. That plus the deceptive job posting* soured me so much on the company. I was never contacted after meeting with the DM.

*You're not actually applying for the store manager position, but co-manager. You'll be required to work 45+ hours a week and 6 days a week during busy periods like holidays, so say goodbye to any work/life balance. Pay is base plus commission, but an estimate isn't even given to you if you ask.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (Springfield, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

They’re very nice to you and you basically just be yourself. Ask about your future and things you like to do. Then asked you scenarios and what would you do.

Interview Questions

• what’s one animal or anything you’ll like to be   Answer Question
    • what was a time where you had obstacles preventing you from doing your job   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online, and was called in for a group interview a few days later. Later my manager told me I got the job because I showed up to the interview five minutes early and during the process I was able to carry on a conversation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Austin, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Online Application and then was called to schedule interview a few days later. Will not hire you as Store Manager unless you have prior retail Store Manager or Assistant Store Manger Experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me one negative thing about yourself and how you are improving upon it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Journeys (Houston, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 5 days after i submitted my application to go in for an interview. It was a very fast process interview lasted about 5 minutes it was a 1 on 1 interview and I heard back from them 5 days after the interview took place .