Journeys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Journeys Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys.

Interview

Received a call a week after I applied. Interviewed with the owner. she was very nice. All the questions were on point. Everything you could anticipate such as tell me about yourself, previous experiences, how do you feel about training, strengths and weaknesses and how you work on improving it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work long hours without holidays?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Journeys.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. It was more conversational, and less formal than a typical job interview. Be prepared to be yourself, and be calm. Don't be nervous! Dress appropriately, but add your own spin to your sense of style.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with conflict between other co-workers?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Journeys (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

WORST interviewer, EVER!!

He was extremely, extremely unprofessional. The dude was young like me, but had zero skills as an interviewer. He kept cursing non-stop and kept telling us (group of 4 for the group interview) how much of an alcoholic he was.
    I’m young as well, but would never act like that. This guy would be my boss. If I do receive an offer, I would decline if I had to work at this location. I actually applied at a different location.
    He told us that he was not going to ask us any questions individually, that we just had to answer whatever questions he asked. He seemed very bored and uninterested in anyone but the girl. The one girl in the group dominated the interview and did not give anyone else time to speak. Every time someone else started to speak, she interrupted them. The interviewer did not stop her and did not give anyone else time to even answer. I was not given the opportunity to tell about me experience in sales. I was the only person who brought a resume, the interviewer refused to even look at it.
    I researched this company and was very prepared for this interview. I had no idea that it was going to be a group interview. Regardless, I felt that I would have interviewed great, had I been given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Sell one of the items on the table to the person next to you (other 3 people in the group interview). Items were a pen, a tiny plastic toy soldier, a small bouncy ball, and a paper clip.   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time that you were ashamed of something you did.   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time that you didn’t like your teacher/supervisors.   1 Answer
    • Pick someone in this group (of 4 interviewee’s) besides yourself that deserves this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Journeys (York, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was a good one. I applied like a month ago but I called so they knew I was interested still. I was called in for a group interview. They asked us like 3 questions and we had to “sell” our favorite shoe. All around good experience, I started working in the same week.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Journeys (El Paso, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I showed up and the manager took me to a sitting area at the mall where she commenced the interview. On our walk to the seating area she asked me about my school and how her boss went to the same school as I.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy process, asked basic questions, and for the final task, sell the shoe to the manager, the manager was helpful and seemed excited for someone new. Very easy, I called the store, and got a chance to do the interview the next day.

Sales Interview

Interview

Walking around mall. Just walked in and asked if they were hiring. Manager said yes. Asked what I was looking for. Said part time job. Asked when I could start. Got hired.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (Harvey, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I put in an application online Sunday and got a call Wednesday saying they were having a group interview Thursday and asked if I could come in. She started with an icebreaker and had our applications in front of her. She asked questions and she’d either ask you personally or it’s whoever wants to go first but everybody had to talk at some point. When the interview was over, she told us to go back in the store , pick an item to sell to a specific store associate. The worker acted like a customer and we had to act like we were helping him pick out a shoe. Afterwards, another worker came up and pulled me and another girl to the side at different times telling us to come back in a few minutes. Even though I didn’t go back because I didn’t really understand what was going on, she said she wanted us to fill out the paperwork because we had gotten the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Journeys (Lake Charles, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Showed up on a Sunday before the mall opened and the manager had a mouthful of chicken walking through the store. She proceeded to interview me, where I was told I was interviewing for a "Co-manager" position(Although the ad said Store Manager). I would be working a minimum of 55 hours a week for a base pay of $200/wk. 6 days a week with Mondays off. I don't know anyone who would work for this little pay. She explained to me how inexperienced she was and it all felt like a big joke. At the end she told me I hope I hear back from you......

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Journeys (Novi, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Usually it's a group interview the first time and if they call you back it'll be a one on one. But it was swift and easy. I got the job in the end.

Interview Questions

• What's the main goal of your job?   1 Answer