Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.7

Environmental Permitting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Orange, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked work-scenario questions from on a questionnaire. They took notes on your responses and then after you finished the interview would use a scorecard to rate your answers 1-10.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have had an unexpected delay for a project and what did you do to deal with it.   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview, then technic interview and management interview. Technic interview is easy if you have hands on experience of their requirements. Needs to prepare the technical questions and behavior questions.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. The interview was very calm and easy. My interview took place at my university and I was interviewed by the hiring manager, an HR recruiter and another manager, I believe. They only asked behavioral questions and questions to get to know you to see how well you would fit at Kinder Morgan. Know why you want to be there and be truthful and excited with your answers.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

I spoke to them at my school's career fair and applied on our campus' careers website. I got notified of getting an interview with them about a week prior to the interview. They had an information session the night before the interviews were held. The interview was held on campus and I was mainly asked behavioral questions and I think a single technical question. They finish the interview with do you have any questions for us and that was that. I don't think they had a second round of interviews, but they notified me about not getting an offer about a month or two later.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted a week later for an interview. I attended the interview at the Plantations Control Center in Alpharetta, GA. A panel of 3 individuals attended the interview. My potential supervisor asked the questions. They were very formal and stuck to the questions on their evaluation form.

Interview Questions

• Have I have ever foresaw an issue and/or obstacle and implemented a process to resolve the issue before it got out of hand?   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Carrollton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on Kinder Morgan website. It took about 3 weeks and I got a call from the operations manager to set up an interview. I interviewed with the operations manager and the area supervisor. Asked some normal questions. Seemed to almost mock some of my experience as if it wasn't significant. Got a call the next day saying that they had extended an offer to someone else, was told during the interview that they were interviewing more candidates throughout the week.

Software Engineer - Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter on SUNDAY morning at 8:30 , that an interviewer wants to proceed for technical phone interview on SUNDAY at 12:00.I sent the confirmation. I was waiting for the call at 12:00. Instead I got a call at 12:25 p.m.The interviewer told me he has 10 minutes to talk to me. We talked for 7-8 minutes. It was very unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between calling stored procedure and Inline SQL query.   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps to create a SQL connection through VB code.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Nice people nice office knowledgeable effective interview process. Good questions easy to talk to would recommend someone else working there. Good benefits and pay. Rewards employees and treats them fairly.

A/P Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a call back within 2-3 days. The interviewer seemed nice and professional, he asked about my previous experience and skills told me a lot about the position they were hiring for. Then he mentioned that in his opinion i would get bored at this position and i think that is why i didn't get an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard from a VPs assistant a week later about scheduling an interview. Interviewers were easy to relate/talk to. Asked a lot about PM experience, and a lot about personal project management preferences. First round was an hour phone call with managers, second round was about an hour's phone call with those managers and their director.