Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

I applied through job fair and the interview process only took about a week for them to get back to you. Most of the questions are STAR type. You will be interviewed by a manager and a head HR.

Co2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were easy to talk to. Asked behavior based questions mainly. Did ask a couple questions about Why Kinder Morgan and the like. Pretty easy process. Still waiting to hear back.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

You will be asked in-depth questions so be prepared. Also, you will most likely be interviewed by group panel of 4 or more managers and directors. It will be helpful for you to have your questions ready to ask the interviewers. Overall the interview process was very professional and standard lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience where you screwed up bad?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a confrontation you had with a co-worker and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • We all have a duty we don't like, what duty don't you like?   Answer Question
    • If we called your boss, what would they say about you? ect...   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

Interview was panel type in the typical fashion. HR and 2 terminal managers were present. They had already reviewed my resume pretty heavily and we focused on what wasn't on it. Used the STAR format for my "success stories."

Interview Questions

• Besides the standard "tell us about yourself" they asked things like "why operations?" "what do you know about KM?" Some questions drilled down to leadership styles, etc. Tell us about a time you had to manage a employee who was underperforming, etc. They were pretty curious about my previous 11 years in the military and why I was leaving.   Answer Question

Associate Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Kinder Morgan website. Within 3 days someone contacted me to schedule an interview at their location in Houston, TX. I interviewed with the Control Room Supervisor and an individual from Human Relations. The interview itself took about an hour and was fairly laid back. They informed me before hand what type of questions they would be asking and that there wouldn't be anything too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Once the interview was over they had told me I would hear back within a week of whether or not I was selected for the position. If selected, they would call me back to come take the COBRA test and assuming I passed that I would be offered the position. I ended up getting a call 3 weeks after my interview that they opted for another candidate due to the fact that I was unable to start the position for another month and they were looking to fill the position immediately. Despite not being selected, it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Think back to a time when you were in a stressful situation and how did you handle it?
      2.) Tell us about a time when you had multiple different jobs/tasks at one time as well us how you handled that situation and how you prioritized what needed to be accomplished first.
      3.) How would you deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and a few days later, I received an email requesting for an interview set up. Interviewed at the headquarters and a week or two later I received a phone call with an offer. Interview was panel style with 3 people.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three of them. The hiring manager, the "quiet one", and a field contact. They strayed from the job description which was annoying. Just seemed like they were trying to trip me up.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in dealing customers?   1 Answer

Environmental Permitting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Orange, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked work-scenario questions from on a questionnaire. They took notes on your responses and then after you finished the interview would use a scorecard to rate your answers 1-10.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have had an unexpected delay for a project and what did you do to deal with it.   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone interview, then technic interview and management interview. Technic interview is easy if you have hands on experience of their requirements. Needs to prepare the technical questions and behavior questions.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. The interview was very calm and easy. My interview took place at my university and I was interviewed by the hiring manager, an HR recruiter and another manager, I believe. They only asked behavioral questions and questions to get to know you to see how well you would fit at Kinder Morgan. Know why you want to be there and be truthful and excited with your answers.