Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Kinder Morgan

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 94 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (United States)

Interview

Laid back but informative interview. Easy to talk to and enjoyed the conversation. I didn’t feel like I was necessarily put on the spot with odd questions. They were reasonable and it felt more like a conversation with someone rather than drilled on multiple scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever worked in a team environment? If so, how did you over come difficult tasks as a team?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Nov 2020

Interview

I had to attend in person regardless of COVID protocols, I was asked to go to a trailer in the middle of nowhere near the site I would be working at if I got the job. They repeated questions several times and had technical difficulties while in the interview. I did feel the group was nice but I think this interview should have been on teams since it was just us in a room while looking at the computer at the other team members.

Interview Questions
  • What is your communication style, email, calls, etc. if you need to have that person turn in a report to you? Do you handle confidential information well? How well do you communicate? They also asked about salary which at that point I felt was unnecessary.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (United States)

Interview

Thorough and pleasant. What you would expect from an interview. Good question. Not sure about culture. Nothing was concerning found them flexible and understanding. Seemed like a good opportunity and interesting challenges described.

Interview Questions
Kinder Morgan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashtabula, OH
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Ashtabula, OH) in Nov 2019

Interview

asked to do a 1:1 interview at one of their terminals. I told him I was still in school and that his position was immediate hire position. Told me he’ll keep my resume on file and that any future position hell keep my name in mind.

Interview Questions
  • asked when I can come in for an interview.
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview was about 30 mins long. Square table with 2 people interviewing. Dress causal. dress shirt tucked in, khakis or nice denim. Mostly behavioral questions. Pretty easy interview like any other .

Interview Questions
  • What will benefit us if we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They ask you about your previous job experience and mostly behavioral questions.
Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (College Station, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

Interview process was great! Recruiter was very warm and welcoming. He extended his contact info even before the offer was given. He continued to stay in contact and kept me updated throughout the recruitment process as well. The questions that were asked during the interview were relevant to the job position that I applied for. Overall, the experience was definitely a learning experience and I am glad that I decided to interview with the company!

Interview Questions
  • They asked about my strengths and weaknesses in dealing with conflict.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (United States) in Sep 2019

Interview

Very easy behavioral-based questions leading to what I could contribute to the company Easy questions and positive experience. The interviewer was very knowledgable about his position with the company and very forthcoming with advice. It was a nice conversation

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked to accomplish a difficult task with no guidance
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Canada)

Interview

first a screening phone call. then they called back to set up an interview time and date. Went to the interview. Nothing much - just a standard process. the job posting did not clearly state all their requirements. turned out that they were looking for someone who was more of an engineer who could read the drawings than an administrator.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Charleston, SC) in Apr 2019

Interview

Initial phone screening w/ HR followed by subsequent in-person interview w/ senior financial analyst & finance manager. Once I made it through this round, the final interview was w/ finance director, finance manager, & HR manager. Overall positive experience interviewing w/ the finance director & finance manager; they were both pleasant people that I would've enjoyed working with. Only downside is the office is in a weird building & this position would share a tiny office with the senior financial analyst. On the other hand, Kinder Morgan HR was very difficult to work with. All communication prior to receiving an offer from KMI was positive. During the first phone screen, we discussed salary expectations, where we both agreed on a rough number that KMI could offer. After going through three rounds of interviews (where significant interest was shown from both side of the table), I received an offer that was offensive to be quite honest. The offer was $15k lower than initially discussed, and once I expressed disappointment & confusion, the HR manager came back with another offer that was $2k higher than the initial offer. When I asked for an explanation as to why the offer was so low, I was told that this was "the best Kinder Morgan can do" and that they (verbatim) "weren't going to get into a p*ssing match" with me. This was honestly the most unprofessional and disrespectful communication I've ever engaged in with someone who is supposed to be in charge of the company's future employees. I sent emails to them because I wanted to have the reasoning for the low offer in writing; however, they refused to communicate via email, and would only communicate with me over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation where I was challenged by an executive, and how I dealt with it.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Carteret, NJ) in Apr 2019

Interview

I went through a JMO headhunter. After the initial hiring conference, Kinder Morgan brought me out to their terminal site in Carteret, NJ. They were very thorough, personal, and professional. They took two days to give tours of the local facilities and conducted interviews on the last day. The interview was a board interview and wasn't stressful at all. They were very interested in my background and my interest in the company. It was a very good experience all around.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94