Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 107 of over 107 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

It was a really good interview on their side. They were very clear in what they were looking for and straight forward in what the position entailed. My only ding towards them was that the job posting was not as aligned with what they told me. So I wasn’t fully prepared or ready for the interview. At one point, the director asked the manager wasn’t the required time travel listed and the manager said yes, when in fact it wasn’t. Other than that, I didn’t do so great on my end but they were very thorough which I appreciated. I applied and received an email asking for the interview maybe a week later. Set it up for the following week and got the rejection email maybe 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • They asked usual technical questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

Two panel zoom interview. Nothing hard! I think it was a good interview. I did receive a rejection email 7 days after. But process from start to finish was about 30 days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

2-person phone interview (20-25 minutes) with a series of non technical questions. Behavioral questionnaire describing a time you dealt with difficult projects, how you deal with multi tasking, and cross training.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you struggled with a project? How did you overcome?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Dec 2021

Interview

Submitted a application then a week later I was contacted via email for a phone interview and to submit another application. The email had no signature on it so assumed it was a recruiter. When I had the call it was a VP. He informed after the phone interview if I moved in the next step would be a panel interview with additional VPs and Managers. Overall I would say wasn’t the friendliest interview but got straight to business which I can appreciate. No offer but I would definitely apply again for the right opportunity. All the questions themselves were directly related to my current work and how it fit in with the position. There were no behavioral or introductory questions like ‘tell me about yourself’.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and fairly easy. The day after applying I received an email to set up a phone call from a manager the next day. It was a short screening interview. The manager asked a small variety of behavioral questions and probing questions to get to know me better. Two days later I got an email from the manager inviting me to participate in a Microsoft teams interview with the manager and two directors. The interview was scheduled for 4 days after I received the email. It was roughly an hour long and consisted of a large variety of behavioral and skill-based questions. The majority of the questions were behavioral. It was generally a laid back yet professional interview, where they asked somewhat pointed questions and wanted me to expand on some of my answers. They also thought of additional questions based upon my previous answers. Two days later, I received a request for additional information, and then an offer of employment from the manager. From application to job offer the entire process only took 10 days. Over all I think Kinder Morgan has a very streamlined interview process that doesn't waste anyone's time, at least in the Internal Audit group.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself Q: Tell me about a time you had to work with a bad or underperforming team member, and how did you deal with it Q: Tell me how you would go about persuading a manager that new controls you developed are better than the current controls if they're pushing back Q: What experience do you have with Excel Q: What makes you stand out from other candidates Q: What is your preferred method of communication (phone, email, face-to-face, etc.) Q: Do you have any questions for us And more questions. Just expect general behavioral questions and prepare beforehand and you'll be fine.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in Aug 2021

Interview

-all behavioral, the people were awesome. They just wanted to see if your personality fit their company. I really enjoyed it. I'm in a finance class right now and am trying to fill this to thirty words

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kinder Morgan

Application

I interviewed at Kinder Morgan

Interview

Made you feel like family. Everyone there was really respectful and open to answers any question. Only question they couldn’t answer was salary. Only way to figure out is if you get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What Past operator experience you have.

Kinder Morgan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan

Interview

Discussed the usual interview questions. Not hectic, very nice people. Very straight forward and to the point. The office was very nice. Just be yourself and answer honestly. Long tenure amongst employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kinder Morgan

Application

I interviewed at Kinder Morgan

Interview

Applied and received request for interview within a week. Face to face interview with two managers . Toured facility with both and asked more questions about work experience. Received and offer for employment within weeks. Hired as temp as probationary period.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Kinder Morgan

Application

I interviewed at Kinder Morgan

Interview

Applied online, received an email to move forward in the hiring process, teams viewer interview with the credit manager and the director. Pretty laid back and informal interview. They were both really down to earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • What is something you can explain well that other people may not understand?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Interviews

Kinder Morgan Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Kinder Morgan as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.73 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Contract Administrator and Engineering rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Terminal Operator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Kinder Morgan takes an average of 24 days when considering 111 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Engineering roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 50 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Kinder Morgan according to 111 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 25.85%