King Soopers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.0

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

I was called for an interview within a couple hours of turning the application in online. I had a phone interview and then was scheduled to have an interview in person. When I got there the manager had no idea what position I was there for. When I stated the position, I was told they didn't have that position open.....Uh, why am I here then? So then I was told she could make another one if that's really the one I wanted, then proceeded to inform me the overnight position I applied for and was interviewing for was from 10-630, however in their particular store the overnight stockers never get off on time. I would be working until more like 1030-11 am if not later. First oft, I was told I was being interviewed for part time, that all king soopers positions start off as part time. Second, I put my availability on the app, what the hell did you call me for? I don't mind working full time, but 12-15 hours overnight for 10.50 an hour? Ha. Funny. This company completely wasted mine and their time. I have never seen such disorganization from a management team.

Interview Questions

• The one thing they asked me was what position was I there for and do I have experience. That was it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was not too difficult, but not especially easy. It lasted maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and they just wanted to see that I was a friendly person who could get along well with customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at King Soopers?
      Sell a product to me.
      Tell me about your work experience.
      What is your availability?
      What is your favorite product at King Soopers?
      Answer Question

Assistant GM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at King Soopers (New York, NY).

Interview

its a panel interview with 2 to 3 coordinators where they take turns asking questions from the technical parts of the job and the behavioral part. it normally takes 45 minutes or so depending on the people interviewing

Night Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Cheyenne, WY).

Interview

Well forgot they hired me. Then came in for a interview which was pretty normal. Proof of eligibility to work. Id the normal stuff. Then two employees came in arguing about differences in pay store had hired in one at 2.00 hr less while corparate had hired the other at more. After that it went back to normal 1 on 1. About a week later called every day for my start date finally got a hold of somebody checked that i had been hired came for follow up with different person went right along just fine. Went and did my computer training. 2nd day of computer training a female manager was in there talking to a couple other manager about how drunk she got at a party that week end and couldn't even remember the guy she had sexually intercoarse with.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previos work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Turn it down go to wal mart they pay better

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied with a paper application, turned it in that same day. I received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. I came in for the interview a few days later. I came in and interviewed with the store secretary. It was Short and Sweet. They are usually desperate to hire people to work overnights.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this kind of work before?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two human resources representatives, which lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of general questions about my experiences shown on my resume. I was invited in for a panel interview with four managers at the Denver headquarters. The questions were mostly situation based, problem-solving type questions. The panel interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict in your past jobs, what happened, what action you took about that, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks, but finally got an email asking to come in during a hiring event. The interview was super short and not difficult whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Westminster, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online on friday and got a call on Monday, made an interview for a few days later.

The people were very nice but honestly the interview was a joke, they asked me about 4 questions since i didn't have previous work experience. They started by telling me several positions available then asked a few ?s. I don't remember the questions word for word but they asked about what i thought about communication and work ethic and availability. Was my first interview so i was nervous and ended up giving short, crappy answers but by the end of the interview they asked me what position i think i would like and gave it to me. It was almost pointless to have an interview, they didn't even ask me who i am as a person or what i value etc. I know it was a simple entry level position but this interview showed they could have easily hired some horrible person for all they know. or they must have just been desperate for people.

I had prepared a ton of potential questions they might ask and they ended up not saying any of them so that was a waste.

After i was hired i trained/finished paperwork for 3 days(longest was 8 hour training others were only a few hours) and started my first day on the 4th day.

Interview Questions

• What i thought of communication and how important it was in the workplace

Something about my work ethic and what values are important

availability
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied at location #1 first, waited a week and called for a follow up and they kept transferring me to different people who kept transferring me to a neverending loop. Gave up at that location and applied at location #2 and was called for an interview right away.

When I got there, the customer service desk didnt even know I had an interview today and had to ask if i was in the schedule.

The interviewer was 20 minutes late and had a scruffy appearance, knowing that they wanted me to arrive 15 minutes early and to wear business casual wear. They took me into the back room and into their office that was automatically locked from the outside (but why? For privacy?) i know this because somebody knocked on the office door and the interviewer said "come in!" but then told me it was locked as they opened the door for the person knocking.

The interviewer kept taking calls and delayed my interview even more, they just seemed so unorganized and unprofessional unlike what their website claims their employees to be. Regardless, we filled out the interview paperwork and he said it was a "preliminary" interview and that I would be called for a second interview. I got called the next day by a familiar voice, the person that kept transferring me at location #1. They said they were hiring a new secretary and they will call me for a second interview by today. ive gotten no calls from said secretary at king soopers, the night has already fallen and still no call.

Nevertheless, the interviewer really liked me and suggested me to management as a member of their team. I blame the faulty administrators for the complicated and frustrating hiring process. It is very confusing and if I get called for a second interview, I will most definitely decline due to their crumbling management. They can't even handle the hiring process in a professional and organized manner, imagine how they handle their employees once they're in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've experienced bad customer service   1 Answer

unprofessionalism and lack of organization

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

she asked me mainly why I had gaps and why I wanted the job. It was straight forward. I was offered a job because I was honest. It was easy and I did the drug test on the spot. I had to come back to prove I was a us citizen and it went from there.

Interview Questions

• How can you garrenty that you won't quite in a month?   1 Answer