KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

KingsIsle Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at KingsIsle Entertainment

KingsIsle Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment

Interview

For this position I had one screening interview, two technical interviews about databases, data modeling and SQL coding. Then some skill assessment homework that was mostly focused on SQL and finally a panel interview with three people.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me my opinion about creative design vs. data driven design.
    1 Answer

KingsIsle Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment

Interview

They made me spend a few hours of my time making a C# project, which I submitted to then. Never even got an interview. Later found out they had already hired someone else for this position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Feb 2020

Interview

Their first approach to me was to build a simple game that took me about 1-2 hours from the scratch. They preferred it in c#, which I did. About a week later, I had a phone interview with one the of tech leads for about an hour. It didn't really have much about behavioral, but mainly on technical Q&A style. Then it was onsite that took 3 hours. First portion was a written test, then 3 sessions of interview, 2 technicals + 1 behavioral. They gave you some restroom break in between if you wanted. Then you go home, wait for their response. To give you an advice, I did not-so-great on white board question, as in I got the rough solution but wasn't able to jot it down (ran out of time). Don't be discouraged if you do so. That is not the only thing they look after you. They already know you're decent at programming, so appeal your personality more. All my interview sessions concluded like this, "I had a good time."

Interview Questions
  • There was a 3L, 5L bottles question like others said, but I would not recommend going online practicing riddles. Focus on programming more than riddles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Jul 2019

Interview

At first there was a brief phone interview with a couple of behavioral and technical questions, lasted about an hour. If they like you, they'll bring you on-site and have an around 6 hour long interview. There was a written test with technical questions and brain teasers, and 4 panels of interviews back to back afterwards. Then you go home and wait for a response.

Interview Questions
  • You have a 3L bottle and a 5L bottle, and you can only fill them up all the way. How do you get 4L?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Mar 2019

Interview

Started the interview process at the beginning of February with a quick phone interview. Asked basics about experience / previous projects which was followed by technical questions. After a few days this lead into a programming assignment. After a week or so there was a Skype / group interview that involved speaking with several members of the team and several live coding questions. Again, lots of questions about previous projects and technical questions. After another short wait, I was flown out to their Round Rock office. This interview stage started with a test (programming terms and problem solving questions), followed by three rounds of back-to-back interviews with various team leads and project members. Whiteboard questions / technical definitions / previous projects and the like. The team was fantastic throughout the entire process, but at the end of the day, an offer was not extended to me. At every step in the process, they went above and beyond to make sure they were being thorough - and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather them get the decision right. Wonderful experience, and this is coming from someone that did not get an offer. 10/10 would interview again, haha.

Interview Questions
  • If you have a 3 gallon container and a 5 gallon container, how do you get exactly 4 gallons with no other tools?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX)

Interview

Recruiter followed up on my application and scheduled me for a phone interview with the web team. I did not like that the interview started by them asking me for my college GPA. I graduated over four years ago and have held a full time job since then. This wasn’t asked on the application and I was not told to bring this with me, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I was given no company history or culture background; went straight into the technical questions. Interviewers were dry/boring and seemed very uninterested. I was told I’d hear back within a day, but I had already lost interest before the call was over. I let the recruiter know I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Sep 2018

Interview

Honestly I knew I shouldn't have even applied after looking at their website. It looks like it hasn't been updated since 1998. Huge red flag for a modern company. The interview itself was incredibly easy, really basic technical questions. The interviewers were however extremely robotic and not very personable. They ended the short question rounds with two 'riddle' questions that they say have no bearing on the outcome of the interview (but it totally does). If you can't come up with the answer to their riddles (of which there is only one answer) it reflects poorly on you for some reason. Really outdated interview process for what seems like a very outdated company.

Interview Questions
  • You have a round cake. How do you get eight slices of cake with only three cuts from a knife?
  • With no other materials, how do you make a mug thats full of water to be exactly half the amount of the cup?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Apr 2018

Interview

I applied for this position online, After 1 day the recruiter emailed me a test to check my knowledge and my proficiency and want me to send it back within 1-week maximum. After I passed the test he invited me for an interview. Basically, It long almost 2 hours, And I had 2 sessions of an interview, all of them was with the QA team. In every session I had 3 interviewers, I got a lot of questions: about my proficiency and experience, personal question, some creative questions and a little logic questions.

Interview Questions
  • 1. where do you see yourself in the next five years? 2. Test and analyze a shoe?tell me how would you test it? 3.How does browser work functionally? 4.why did you apply for qa position? 5.If you have an argument and disagreement with other QA tester, what would you do?and how will you resolve it? 6.how did you resolve a problem in your previous job? 7.what is your big passion about?or small passion? 8.what's your background experience? 9.riddle question: You have a square cake , you need to cut it only 3 times in order to get 8 pieces how would you do it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Aug 2017

Interview

I had a phone interview with two people. The knowledge/technically based questioned ask were so basic an rudimentary that it was almost insulting they were ask. The interviewers were dry and did not seem enthusiastic at all. Almost as if they had just randomly been pulled in a minute before.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at KingsIsle Entertainment (Austin, TX)

Interview

Extremely long, and drawn out. I was treated like I was interviewing for a C-staff role at Blizzard or Rockstar and despite having very solid qualification, the whole process took over 5 months from application to hire.

Interview Questions
  • Not many. Mostly people nodding while I spoke about my career accomplishments.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews