KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2022

Found 71 of over 76 reviews

2.7
KingsIsle Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Elie Akilian (no image)
Elie Akilian

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Graphic

Feb 15, 2022 - Graphic Designer in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy schedule and great benefits

Cons

Not many cons for working at kingsile

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Steer Clear - terrible work/life balance, poor leadership, constant known OT, toxic, perpetual politics

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wore so many hats that studios were fighting for me when I started applying for other jobs - not exactly a pro, but I guess I learned a lot.

Cons

-I literally had to work while I arranged funeral services for two of my family members. This is one of those studios where unlimited PTO is a joke because 1) you're always on even when you're off and 2) you have to schedule your PTO around when you know people aren't going to be able to function without you. I got Teams messages at 6 AM and 7:30 PM on the same days for non-emergency issues. -The pay is an absolute joke to start with. Then they give you more responsibility dangling small raises in front of you that you never get. -C-level is spineless. They'll let you take their hits to save their own butts and then apologize about it in a private Teams message later. My department was called "BS" in a company-wide meeting. The commentary was never shut down just followed by further bashing. There were no repercussions. This stuff happened so often to my dept and others. -Still hasn't hired backfill from the acquisition... Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year. We've been left to drown. I was told, "I know you're working over 40 hrs a week." Okay if you know that then solve for that. There's so, so much more, but you get the drift.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0

Great environment, sub-standard pay

Jul 20, 2021 - QA Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are great, the atmosphere is comfortable, it's a happy place to work.

Cons

You make about 50-60% what you would for the same title at another company.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0

Had it's ups and downs.

Jun 2, 2021 - Test Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Located in a great area.

Cons

There wasn't any real incentive to work harder. I did not find myself wanting to move up within the company.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not bad not great

Aug 30, 2021 - QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

My coworkers were good people.

Cons

One of the most boring jobs I've ever had.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, no desire to take care of their fanbase content-wise

Mar 29, 2021 - Programmer in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alright work environment and people.

Cons

One has to wonder if anyone is even interested in competitive game balance or content with a shred of innovation. Lack of creativity is suffocating.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worked at this company for 3 years. Really bad upper management.

Apr 23, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have many "holidays" where we celebrate with expensive food. Worker compensation is decent. -Adding features to track down player activity is a big bonus on your paycheck. -Adding features that track down player spending activities and targeting those players will add to your paycheck.

Cons

I've seen a lot of gifted software developers come and go and here are some of those instances: -Improving any sort of quality of life when playing stepping into the game as a player will get you fired (Having the ability to teleport to quest givers, setting your deck for your minion, and so on). -Modularizing models and implementing a Fibonacci Heap for loading (5x faster game launching) will get you fired. -Any ideas for the company that reflects positively on the player base like removing the subscription paywall on areas will get you fired. -Making dead features such as allowing pet games to grant energy will get you fired. -Adding skip turn features for battles will get you fired. -Allowing more people to join houses will get you fired. -Adding calculations to a player's account from creation date (Like +13 years to assume the player is at least 13 years of age) will get you fired. -Adding any elixir that cost exclusively gold will get you fired.

20 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Two and a half stars

Aug 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits lack of crunch Friendly relaxed office but also mature and professional Cheese Day

Cons

Extremely risk averse and metric driven Most employees are just collecting a pay check Promotions are based on seniority rather than merit, therefore many senior positions are filled by people who have little experience outside of Kingsisle or no leadership skills.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Wonderful!!!

Oct 7, 2020 - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and many company events

Cons

There is no big issue

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 3.0

It's Alright.

May 11, 2020 - QA Tester in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment, fun coworkers.

Cons

You have no influence in trying to guide the company toward making the right decisions.

6 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews

KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews FAQs

KingsIsle Entertainment has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 76 reviews left anonymously by employees. 35% of employees would recommend working at KingsIsle Entertainment to a friend and 20% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, KingsIsle Entertainment employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at KingsIsle Entertainment. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

35% of KingsIsle Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KingsIsle Entertainment 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at KingsIsle Entertainment to be career development, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with KingsIsle Entertainment Job Seekers