KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews
39% would recommend to a friend
(77 total reviews)
26% approve of CEO
Found 77 of over 82 reviews
Updated Oct 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are amazing and it's easy to develop strong friendships." (in 10 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance." (in 5 reviews)
- "My coworkers were good people." (in 4 reviews)
- "Decent benefit package as the company is growing so there are changes for the better each year." (in 4 reviews)
- "Great friendly work environment." (in 3 reviews)
- "Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year." (in 8 reviews)
- "Also in the past, upper management was not always open to change or new ideas or supporting the various departments as some would have liked, but I feel with the new people they are bringing in and the move to Steam they are proving they want the company to succeed." (in 5 reviews)
- "There was little transparency from Sr. Management, and they provided little feedback down to the department heads." (in 4 reviews)
- "Middle management has serious decision paralysis and are ill equipped to lead teams." (in 3 reviews)
- "Antiquated PTO policy." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Gender
This rating reflects the overall rating of KingsIsle Entertainment and is not affected by filters.
- 1.0Oct 2, 2023DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Besides the fellow slaves being really nice and amazingly talented, there are no other pros.
- TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT - TERRIBLE CEO - SINKING SHIP OF A COMPANY Oh, and here's a little insider for our loving players (seriously, we love you guys) The ideas and things that the players have been BEGGING for in the past DECADE have been ignored and rejected by the ups. Wanna remove Wizard City's paywall? Fired. Wanna lighten up on the MASSIVE pay-to-win content? Fired. Have an opinion? Fired. Caught you breathing in my general direction? FIRED. There is no hope for this. Dear players, as an ex-employee we truly love our game, and love you guys too. Enjoy it before it shuts down.1
- 5.0Apr 5, 2023Human ResourcesCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Lots of room to learn and grow
Old management can be hesitant or not accepting of change and modernizing company policies and procedures1
- 1.0Mar 23, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
I wore so many hats that studios were fighting for me when I started applying for other jobs - not exactly a pro, but I guess I learned a lot.
-I literally had to work while I arranged funeral services for two of my family members. This is one of those studios where unlimited PTO is a joke because 1) you're always on even when you're off and 2) you have to schedule your PTO around when you know people aren't going to be able to function without you. I got Teams messages at 6 AM and 7:30 PM on the same days for non-emergency issues. -The pay is an absolute joke to start with. Then they give you more responsibility dangling small raises in front of you that you never get. -C-level is spineless. They'll let you take their hits to save their own butts and then apologize about it in a private Teams message later. My department was called "BS" in a company-wide meeting. The commentary was never shut down just followed by further bashing. There were no repercussions. This stuff happened so often to my dept and others. -Still hasn't hired backfill from the acquisition... Over a year ago... Teams have been without knowledgeable management and hands to help with the workload for over a year. We've been left to drown. I was told, "I know you're working over 40 hrs a week." Okay if you know that then solve for that. There's so, so much more, but you get the drift.8
- 1.0Aug 12, 2022Community ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
Fun games, good co-workers. Team members would give me and my children unlimited crowns, membership, and spellements.
I had multiple instances of Executives & Community Managers eating a lot of ice cream in front of me and making comments about my race which made it really hard to concentrate on my work. Every time they came into the break room and started eating it in front of me I had to just try to ignore them, but it was extremely difficult.2
- 5.0Oct 19, 2022Human Resources GeneralistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAustin, TX
- room to grow -tenured team
- tenured team is sometimes set in old ways (but that’s improving )1
- 1.0Mar 29, 2021ProgrammerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPlano, TX
Alright work environment and people.
One has to wonder if anyone is even interested in competitive game balance or content with a shred of innovation. Lack of creativity is suffocating.10
- 3.0Jul 20, 2021QA AnalystCurrent EmployeeAustin, TX
The people you work with are great, the atmosphere is comfortable, it's a happy place to work.
You make about 50-60% what you would for the same title at another company.1
KingsIsle Entertainment Reviews FAQs
KingsIsle Entertainment has an overall rating of 2.8 out of 5, based on over 82 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at KingsIsle Entertainment to a friend and 20% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.
39% of KingsIsle Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KingsIsle Entertainment 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.