Kobie Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kobie Marketing

2.7

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Initial communication was positive. First interview went well. Second interview not so well, was like job requirements did a 180 and interviewer was a bit arrogant and made me feel substandard. Original qualifications were met or exceeded but not recognized. Interviewer clearly had his mind made up before the call. Glad An offer wasn’t made, some leaders appear quite arrogant, I wouldn’t want to work there anyway. Good Luck finding your needle in that haystack.

Front End Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online in April and had one phone interview with an internal recruiter, who became my main contact for the entire process. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the role, who invited me in for an on-site half-day interview with multiple members of the team.

During that interview, I sat in an office and had groups of two come in to interview me. The interviewers were of all levels of experience (junior, mid-level, managers, etc.). I then finished up that day with an interview with the hiring manager.

I was told that there were a few more applicants who would be doing final interviews, so it would be a few weeks before I would hear anything. The internal recruiter sent me at least two emails during that time frame to let me know I wasn't being counted out and to hold tight.

In the meantime, I received a personal email from one of the interviewers asking if I'd be interested in doing freelance work (not for Kobie but for an acquaintance/friend). While it was a nice gesture, it was odd to receive since I hadn't heard anything more about the role I had applied for.

Five months later with zero communication from the hiring manager or internal recruiter until that point, I received an automated response letting me know I was not selected for the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with managing individuals?   Answer Question
    • What's the most challenging project you've worked on, and how did you approach it?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with email marketing?   Answer Question
    • What software/programs do you frequently use?   Answer Question

Kobie Marketing Response

Oct 24, 2019 – eryn.mchugh@kobie.com

Thank you for sharing your experience, as hard as it is to hear (and read). I understand that our interview process was less-than-ideal (understatement), and take responsibility for both the length of time and lack of closure/communication. We've had a recent recruiting leadership change, and are evaluating and seeking to improve our candidate experience. While an automated email isn't ideal, it's often the lesser of two evils between no communication and a status update. I welcome the opportunity to connect offline to debrief and make it right if you'd find that valuable. At the very least, we need to learn from this and make things right, insofar as that may be possible. Eryn McHugh, Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition | Kobie Marketing

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a long day of around 6 or 7 consecutive interviews with role stakeholders. It was pretty amazing to get some face-time with C level executives during the process. Better brush up on your Loyalty 101 information because these guys know their stuff.

Interview Questions

• What loyalty experience do you have in the industry?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing.

Interview

Terrible process, 5 minutes before the phone interview It was rescheduled for next day. At the scheduled time no call or email as to what was going on. I phoned and emailed left messages to call back and never heard anything. Waited a couple of days called and emailed again, left messages and no response again.

Not sure what happened since I never received a response.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The interview process was fun. It was a 3 round interview meeting with a Sr Developer first, a Technical Director second, and finally the CTO. It was all behavioral questions trying to gauge my personality. While there was no coding interview, I was asked to write an MySQL query on a whiteboard for clarification on a statement I made, because I was having trouble verbally explaining how a join worked. Overall it was a fun interview, and when I left I felt that all three interviewers were on the same page with the questions I asked, as well as their expectations for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your Java knowledge overall on a scale from 1-10?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your MySQL knowledge overall on a scale from 1-10?   1 Answer
    • Write a query in MySQL to join two tables together.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Tampa, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then a few days later I received an email for a phone interview which I agree to. I waited for a phone call and the recruiter never called

Interview Questions

• I waited an hour for the phone call which never came and contacted the recruiter via email at least twice with no response. Since I guess they did not want to interview anymore I decided not to pursue it any more. I think it would have been a great opportunity.   Answer Question

Kobie Marketing Response

May 9, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

I’m so sorry to hear that you had this experience. I’ve looked into this and unfortunately due to a scheduling mishap we missed the opportunity to connect with you. This is absolutely not how we like to work. I understand that our recruitment team has been in touch with you already to schedule another pre-screening interview. I wish you the best of luck.

- Keith Harris,
Chief Human Resources Officer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing in January 2017.

Interview

I have only had an initial phone interview that was more exploratory in nature. We completed a review of my resume and background and discussed this role and potential roles coming down the pipe that better aligned with my skill set and background.

Interview Questions

• Strictly a resume review as I was advised I was overqualified for the role in which I applied. I would LOVE to work here and hoping I can find the right role because it sounds like the culture and type of work are a perfect fit.   Answer Question

Contat CenterTainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very efficient. I applied during the holidays and expected a long lag time but I received my first phone interview within a week and had an in person interview set up for the next week and this was followed up a few weeks later by the expected panel presentation. That only took longer because of staff vacations. Very professional. I was informed of the decision by the end of the week.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening first was quick. A scheduled interview happened within a couple days. Interview was a discussion of my resume blended with questions about their current needs. They interviewers and HR staff were super nice.

Interview Questions

• Casual discussion of my resume. Lasted about an hour. I even heard I did not get the job within 24 hours. Although disappointed, it moved quickly and I knew the status of my employment.   Answer Question

Senior Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kobie Marketing (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, if you are strong in Object Oriented Programing (SOLID Principles) you will have no problems. Angular and Angular testing fundamentals, C# Unit Testing (Describe how to accomplish this), is a strong focus. The interviewer will help you ease the nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a real-life solution to a problem using design patterns   Answer Question