Kobie Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Kobie Marketing CEO Bram Hechtkopf
Bram Hechtkopf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "GREAT people (for the most part)" (in 8 reviews)

• "Downtown St Pete is great place to live and work" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some disconnection between departments and some transitional "growing pains"" (in 8 reviews)

• "It is a growing company so there is no shortage of work (not really a con in today's economy)" (in 5 reviews)

"A fun family-like atmosphere where you really feel like you matter."

Current Employee - Associate Java Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Java Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The way I’m treated by the entire company is amazing, everyone is happy to say hello, even if you’ve never met before. The culture is very relaxed and fun, and everyone is passionate about getting their work done for the clients.

Cons

For me, the drive is far but that’s not a fault with them. Nothing negative to report so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, the atmosphere you’ve created is amazing. People love working here and it shows.

"Growing"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Casual environment. Fun events during the year for employees.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

"steer clear"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

office location and office location

Cons

Horrible comp across the board. Senior mgmt more concerned with loyalty and sucking up than results and performance. Speaking of results: ask someone what impact they have on any of their clients business and listen for the answer...

"Potential to be great, room for improvement"

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Great benefits, reliable schedule, lots of growth

Cons

Lack of communication, lots of turnover, doesn't seem to think things through

Advice to Management

This company would benefit greatly by listening to ALL of their employees, call center included. When I first started the call center was slow and straightforward, they have expanded a lot, which means we have had lots of promotions and new positions created, but they refuse to back fill important positions like a trainer. This means that everyone here does a little bit of everything. We are supervisors, trainers, QA, WFM and more all in one person. I'm sure the company enjoys not having to pay for all those different roles, but it puts far too much stress on our team and leaves us all stressed, over worked, and underappreciated. This would be a great place to work if they invested in us a little and LISTENED to us.

"Great Place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Great people. Excitement. People who want a future work here. New directions at Contact Center is exciting.

Cons

Some staff not open to new directions

Advice to Management

Support the SMD. The experienced leaders that are there now need your support. They know what they are doing. They understand that to be successful in a call center you need data. They care about their people in spite of what others say. Those people left due to unwillingness to change. You have the right people directing the KCC!!

"Runaway if you value your sanity."

Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free t-shirt, free fruits every Thursday.

Cons

backstabbing, two-facedness, untrustworthy

Advice to Management

Integrity and morality should be value most.

"Call Center Needs New Leadership"

Former Employee - Contact Center
    Former Employee - Contact Center

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Great people who work hard and care about Kobie, fresh fruit and massages.

Cons

Leadership has total disregard for how the business truly works. It was stated several times that the Client Service team does not dictate what the call center does. This attitude of separation hurts the business.

Advice to Management

When feedback is given please take the time to truly listen and act on it. Quality has declined to the point the clients notice it. Vital positions aren't backfilled, which means the work is spread amongst others already with a heavy load which ultimately affects quality and revenue.

The contact center has so much potential, that under the right leadership it will flourish again.

You have some really great employees that you may loose if you don't address the issues head on.

May 1, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at the Kobie Contact Center was less than desirable.

Unfortunately, we have experienced some legacy... More

"Client Team"

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Co Workers are the best

Cons

Leadership is the worse ever

Apr 10, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Kobie was less than positive.

Leadership training and development is a priority for us and is... More

"Not a shining star ...."

Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Near the beach in St Pete. Some smart people but depends on where in the organization you are. Many folks have lost the will to make a difference so working on autopilot.

Cons

Saw people bullied as did management yet nothing was done about it. The bully won. Company lost their premier rating with Forrester Loyalty Platform rankings and are now left scrambling to play catchup. They are not a leader and territorial power playing and finger pointing is rampant internally while cooperative teamwork has disappeared. Employee potential stifled by hierarchical top down management style . Company can't grow because their technology is broken. People are overloaded with work and not given appropriate tools to get their job done.

Advice to Management

Develop and nurture positive leaders, Stop the bullying, essentially change the culture and invest in your employees.

Jan 30, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Kobie.

We’re working hard to create a collaborative environment where all teammates feel valued. I’m disappointed to hear about... More

""This is Kobie" - Not an Okay Explanation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people that work there are talented, hard working, competent and overall AMAZING people. Unfortunately, those are so often the ones who are overworked and underpaid. There are definitely opportunities for career advancement if you can stick it out. Fruit on Wednesdays is nice, and being able to go on walks is also a benefit. The holiday party is a really great time.

Cons

This company is extremely reactive instead of proactive. When things go wrong (as everyone expects them to) people offer up the result of "Welp, this is Kobie." and go on with their day instead of providing solutions and support. There are so few documentation and procedures that everyone learns by doing, resulting in many mistakes and little time for progress. Management does not value your work and will not provide compensation for doing above and beyond your role's expectation. There are major communication silos between the contact center and the downtown office. There are also a glaring lack of metrics leading to a certain level of nepotism when it comes to promotions and raises. The way you survive at Kobie - don't trust anyone, get everything in writing. (Even then it may not matter.)

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises and compensate members of the team that deserve it . You lose a lot of great people because you refuse to listen to what their needs are.

Jan 22, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Kobie.

We’re always looking for ways to improve and your feedback touches on some of the very improvements that we’re making... More