Kobie Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Kobie Marketing CEO Bram Hechtkopf
Bram Hechtkopf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GREAT people (for the most part) (in 7 reviews)

• Downtown location, nice people, changers are moving in the right direction, company is growing and adapting to new processes and frameworks (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Some disconnection between departments and some transitional "growing pains" (in 8 reviews)

• It is a growing company so there is no shortage of work (not really a con in today's economy) (in 5 reviews)

1. "Challenge Accepted!"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

- There's buy-in for the need to evolve
    - Laid back atmosphere
    - Various technologies integrated together
    - Agile Adoption
    - All of the caffeine you can consume!

Cons

Take with a grain of salt... the company is about to embark on a revolution for the better! There are many new people that are working on change and there seems to be ample platform to introduce the change (time will tell).
    - Tech stagnation
    - Culture is not where it could be (is improving)

Advice to Management

With the focus directing toward a technology company rather than a marketing company (with tech), there needs to be an increased focus on collaboration and evolution of the technical portfolio. This means emphasizing expanding the outlook from "what we do" or "what we have" to "what we could do" and "what we should move to next month."
    To borrow a quote: "Don’t be a know-it-all; be a learn-it-all."

Jan 9, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying your time at Kobie.

I wholeheartedly believe that it’s up to all of us to create the culture we... More

"Good place to work"

Pros

Downtown location, nice people, changers are moving in the right direction, company is growing and adapting to new processes and frameworks. Looks like they value employee's opinion.

Cons

Invest in teammates knowledge, value knowledge, lead by example. Interdepartment communication could be improved.

Apr 5, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I’m so pleased to hear that you’ve noticed the improvements and progress we’ve made over the past 12 months. There’s still a lot of things... More

"Call Center Needs New Leadership"

Former Employee - Contact Center
    Former Employee - Contact Center

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Great people who work hard and care about Kobie, fresh fruit and massages.

Cons

Leadership has total disregard for how the business truly works. It was stated several times that the Client Service team does not dictate what the call center does. This attitude of separation hurts the business.

Advice to Management

When feedback is given please take the time to truly listen and act on it. Quality has declined to the point the clients notice it. Vital positions aren't backfilled, which means the work is spread amongst others already with a heavy load which ultimately affects quality and revenue.

The contact center has so much potential, that under the right leadership it will flourish again.

You have some really great employees that you may loose if you don't address the issues head on.

"Client Team"

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

Co Workers are the best

Cons

Leadership is the worse ever

Apr 10, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Kobie was less than positive.

Leadership training and development is a priority for us and is... More

"Not a shining star ...."

Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Near the beach in St Pete. Some smart people but depends on where in the organization you are. Many folks have lost the will to make a difference so working on autopilot.

Cons

Saw people bullied as did management yet nothing was done about it. The bully won. Company lost their premier rating with Forrester Loyalty Platform rankings and are now left scrambling to play catchup. They are not a leader and territorial power playing and finger pointing is rampant internally while cooperative teamwork has disappeared. Employee potential stifled by hierarchical top down management style . Company can't grow because their technology is broken. People are overloaded with work and not given appropriate tools to get their job done.

Advice to Management

Develop and nurture positive leaders, Stop the bullying, essentially change the culture and invest in your employees.

Jan 30, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Kobie.

We’re working hard to create a collaborative environment where all teammates feel valued. I’m disappointed to hear about... More

""This is Kobie" - Not an Okay Explanation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people that work there are talented, hard working, competent and overall AMAZING people. Unfortunately, those are so often the ones who are overworked and underpaid. There are definitely opportunities for career advancement if you can stick it out. Fruit on Wednesdays is nice, and being able to go on walks is also a benefit. The holiday party is a really great time.

Cons

This company is extremely reactive instead of proactive. When things go wrong (as everyone expects them to) people offer up the result of "Welp, this is Kobie." and go on with their day instead of providing solutions and support. There are so few documentation and procedures that everyone learns by doing, resulting in many mistakes and little time for progress. Management does not value your work and will not provide compensation for doing above and beyond your role's expectation. There are major communication silos between the contact center and the downtown office. There are also a glaring lack of metrics leading to a certain level of nepotism when it comes to promotions and raises. The way you survive at Kobie - don't trust anyone, get everything in writing. (Even then it may not matter.)

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises and compensate members of the team that deserve it . You lose a lot of great people because you refuse to listen to what their needs are.

Jan 22, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Kobie.

We’re always looking for ways to improve and your feedback touches on some of the very improvements that we’re making... More

"Social Media Harassment via LinkedIn"

Pros

Zero, Zero, Zero, Zero, Zero

Cons

I am not one to post a negative review. I prefer to remain positive and keep well enough alone but ever since I was released from my employment from Kobie for bogus reasons, there has been numerous people from Kobie trying to either connect with me via LinkedIn or view my profile. They even had someone portray themselves as a student with no connection to Kobie request a LinkedIn connection. After reviewing that person's profile to ensure they were not a Kobie employee, I accepted. I noticed that the person kept periodically checking my profile. After the third time, I rechecked that person's profile . . . low and behold the person has been employed by Kobie for close to 3 years. How is it that it wasn't in that person's profile when I initially reviewed it? I want this harassment to stop, immediately!

Advice to Management

You might want to get HR, assistants, etc to stop harassing former employees via social media.

Feb 16, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Kobie was not positive.

This is certainly not the type of behavior that we condone or expect of our teammates. I’m an avid... More

"Just don't do it!!! ***Please read***"

Former Employee - Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the Pros of this place have everything to do with location and zero to do with company. Downtown St Pete is great place to live and work. Great restaurants and venues.

Cons

I would like to be as naïve as the rest of the reviewers and state it’s a “growing pains” issue but Kobie makes no effort to fix any issues. All they do is put lipstick on this pig. For the reviewer who states "Leave if you hate your job", you sound like the typical “yes” person who continues to perpetuate the issues at Kobie. These “yes” people have no back bone, never learned to use the word “no” and even sleep under the desk from 16 hour days.
    We keep getting promised changes are coming and things never get better and all that has happened is free fresh fruit on Thursday. Are you tired from working 80 hours a week? Don’t worry there will be fresh fruit on Thursday!!! Under resourced projects? Don’t worry there will be fresh fruit on Thursday!!! Leadership/Client Services/Project Managers promised unobtainable goals?! Don’t worry there will be fresh fruit on Thursday!!!
    If you are one of those lucky souls who doesn’t have too much piled on their plate you will be awarded a free back massage.

Advice to Management

My advice is more for the people looking at Kobie for employment. There are many other great companies in or coming to St Pete. Take your time before choosing Kobie. You will notice for every bad review there is a “5 star” review. These are more than likely from HR making fake accounts to counterbalance the bad reviews you can tell because the kind of sound similar and I only truly know of maybe a handful of happy people out of 200 employees. HR is not able to remove bad reviews but they add a ”5 star” review to counteract the bad reviews. They may even offer you above market pay for the job you are applying for, again use your best judgement, all that glitters is not gold. Just don’t do it!
    They will tell you these reviews are meaningless or untrue. Please use your 6 month probation period to decide for yourself but it won’t take 6 months to realize you have made a mistake joining Kobie.

Feb 14, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience at Kobie.

We’re committed to making Kobie a great place to work and have a... More

9. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Passionate and dedicated coworkers
    - Innovative and smart leadership team
    - Well-known and respected brand
    - Beautiful office with great restaurants nearby
    - Volunteer and community giving

Cons

- Turnover (many longtime employees and knowledge lost)
    - Investment in long-term innovation (need more focused resources in core tech offering and easy-to-use/implement tools)

Advice to Management

Look to diversify offerings

Nov 10, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you had an overall positive experience at Kobie. You mention that your co-workers were dedicated and passionate—I couldn’t agree more with you... More

"Could be so much better, but it's not."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

You can drink after 4pm.
    President is very upfront and knows where she wants to be, but might not know how to get there.
    Nice views from their office.

Cons

No learning curve and very little training.
    Management and senior employees look down on new people.
    Management watched out for themselves first and was quick to throw people under the bus.
    The company wants to change but too many people there hang on tight to their "small business" mentality makes daily life irritating.
    Micromanagers.
    Technology is far behind where it should be for a company wanting to grow in their field.

Advice to Management

Management plays too many games. We're not in high school anymore. Be leaders not bullies.

Dec 6, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for sharing your opinion and I’m sorry to hear you left Kobie feeling this way. This is certainly not the kind of environment we believe we’ve created in our quest to become a great place... More