Kobie Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Kobie Marketing CEO Bram Hechtkopf
Bram Hechtkopf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GREAT people (for the most part) (in 6 reviews)

• Great location, amazing office space, excellent benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some disconnection between departments and some transitional "growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

• It is a growing company so there is no shortage of work (not really a con in today's economy) (in 5 reviews)

1. "Challenge Accepted!"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

- There's buy-in for the need to evolve
    - Laid back atmosphere
    - Various technologies integrated together
    - Agile Adoption
    - All of the caffeine you can consume!

Cons

Take with a grain of salt... the company is about to embark on a revolution for the better! There are many new people that are working on change and there seems to be ample platform to introduce the change (time will tell).
    - Tech stagnation
    - Culture is not where it could be (is improving)

Advice to Management

With the focus directing toward a technology company rather than a marketing company (with tech), there needs to be an increased focus on collaboration and evolution of the technical portfolio. This means emphasizing expanding the outlook from "what we do" or "what we have" to "what we could do" and "what we should move to next month."
    To borrow a quote: "Don’t be a know-it-all; be a learn-it-all."

Jan 9, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying your time at Kobie.

I wholeheartedly believe that it’s up to all of us to create the culture we... More

""This is Kobie" - Not an Okay Explanation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people that work there are talented, hard working, competent and overall AMAZING people. Unfortunately, those are so often the ones who are overworked and underpaid. There are definitely opportunities for career advancement if you can stick it out. Fruit on Wednesdays is nice, and being able to go on walks is also a benefit. The holiday party is a really great time.

Cons

This company is extremely reactive instead of proactive. When things go wrong (as everyone expects them to) people offer up the result of "Welp, this is Kobie." and go on with their day instead of providing solutions and support. There are so few documentation and procedures that everyone learns by doing, resulting in many mistakes and little time for progress. Management does not value your work and will not provide compensation for doing above and beyond your role's expectation. There are major communication silos between the contact center and the downtown office. There are also a glaring lack of metrics leading to a certain level of nepotism when it comes to promotions and raises. The way you survive at Kobie - don't trust anyone, get everything in writing. (Even then it may not matter.)

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises and compensate members of the team that deserve it . You lose a lot of great people because you refuse to listen to what their needs are.

Jan 22, 2018 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Kobie.

We’re always looking for ways to improve and your feedback touches on some of the very improvements that we’re making... More

"Not a shining star ...."

Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Near the beach in St Pete. Some smart people but depends on where in the organization you are. Many folks have lost the will to make a difference so working on autopilot.

Cons

Saw people bullied as did management yet nothing was done about it. The bully won. Company lost their premier rating with Forrester Loyalty Platform rankings and are now left scrambling to play catchup. They are not a leader and territorial power playing and finger pointing is rampant internally while cooperative teamwork has disappeared. Employee potential stifled by hierarchical top down management style . Company can't grow because their technology is broken. People are overloaded with work and not given appropriate tools to get their job done.

Advice to Management

Develop and nurture positive leaders, Stop the bullying, essentially change the culture and invest in your employees.

4. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Passionate and dedicated coworkers
    - Innovative and smart leadership team
    - Well-known and respected brand
    - Beautiful office with great restaurants nearby
    - Volunteer and community giving

Cons

- Turnover (many longtime employees and knowledge lost)
    - Investment in long-term innovation (need more focused resources in core tech offering and easy-to-use/implement tools)

Advice to Management

Look to diversify offerings

Nov 10, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you had an overall positive experience at Kobie. You mention that your co-workers were dedicated and passionate—I couldn’t agree more with you... More

"Could be so much better, but it's not."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

You can drink after 4pm.
    President is very upfront and knows where she wants to be, but might not know how to get there.
    Nice views from their office.

Cons

No learning curve and very little training.
    Management and senior employees look down on new people.
    Management watched out for themselves first and was quick to throw people under the bus.
    The company wants to change but too many people there hang on tight to their "small business" mentality makes daily life irritating.
    Micromanagers.
    Technology is far behind where it should be for a company wanting to grow in their field.

Advice to Management

Management plays too many games. We're not in high school anymore. Be leaders not bullies.

Dec 6, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for sharing your opinion and I’m sorry to hear you left Kobie feeling this way. This is certainly not the kind of environment we believe we’ve created in our quest to become a great place... More

6. "Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

- Major opportunity to grow your career.
    - Engaged management staff
    -Great location
    -Laid back environment

Cons

- Process and procedure needs work.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity.

Oct 31, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated as a company to make Kobie a place full of opportunity and growth and I’m very glad that you are taking full advantage. We’re in... More

"Great Company with Good Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great deal of extra perks, but most of them you have to work down town to benefit from. The Skyway Marina call center operates on much stricter guidelines not untypical of all call centers. Fresh free fruit and 15 minute massages are nice;. Great job for someone who is very motivated to succeed and be noticed. You get what you put into it at this company, Good healthcare options. Prices are median for this area. Not just an HSA. You also have access to more expensive plans with lower co-pays. They contribute the same but you get more if you pay more.

Cons

Lower end of salary percentile for this area and industry. Corporate pretty much ignores the call center which is in a different area of town. Two entirely different cultures. Low 401K contributions from management.

Advice to Management

Please stop posting all the fun activities and things to participate in downtown to all employees. Call center employees cannot participate and it is demoralizing.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management doesn't care for employees career advancement because of favoritism.
    Their mickey mouse technology needs vast improvement
    The pay is minimal compared to other companies
    Training is not properly structured
    Poor communications between staff
    Very high turnover

Cons

Vacation days, sick days, health insurance, bonus is average

Advice to Management

None. How about hiring HR consultants and pay them to give you the advise.

Oct 20, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for sharing your opinion and I’m disappointed that your experience at Kobie was not positive. Our innovative and talented people are what makes Kobie such a great place to work and we are... More

"Positive outlook"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the new executive team has started to stabilize the organization and have instituted a managed growth approach to the business. Consulting and product development teams have some really sharp people. Recent new hires bring a wealth of experience and maturity. The outlook is bright.

Cons

Less chaos from a work process stand-point but still some areas with ill-defined processes. Shift to Agile methodology has created some role ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus product development efforts on common platform. Instill a culture of personal accountability.

Aug 21, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for your feedback! I am so glad to hear your thoughts on our organization and I too think we have some really incredible teammates. We are committed to creating a dynamic and transparent... More

"A monument to compromise"

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone mentions the free fruit and location, real trend setters their. Their opinion means very little to me. 20% accurate as usual. I don't care for the fruit or the location, they're irrelevant to my job.

The real pro is you have a management team who will listen if you're passionate about what you have to, understand the business, and are willing to compromise to make it happen.

I.e. Don't think you'll improve your golf swing by two strokes if you won't take advice on how to get there

Cons

Communication can be a struggle at times and usually on a need to know basis. Some cases there's finger pointing and lessons learned. The balance between the two is never ideal and is usually different depending on your department.

Advice to Management

Stay client focused. I don't love my job, I don't hate my job. I'm middle ground and usually wouldn't spend my time writing a review but I see you're missing the voice of the employee who is there, delivers and adapts.

Focusing on crossfit, cornhole, bowling, golf tournaments, Halloween, Christmas parties, fresh fruit, chair massages, and so on and so on... appeal to the minority and has an adverse effect on the worker bee's morale. The approach is wrong and I can prove it mathematically.

Jul 19, 2017 – Kobie Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Over the last three years, I’m sure you’ve seen quite a bit of change and I appreciate your ongoing commitment to Kobie. We are striving to... More