L.L. Bean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Victor, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Group interview with about nine other people; asked questions about experience in outdoor activities, tested comfort with "selling" product to fellow interviewees after a short while to look at the product. Friendly environment.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email at first. Then, there was a fairly lengthy game of phone tag with an HR coordinator to schedule a phone interview with another HR specialist, presumably a recruiter. After the call was scheduled, there was some more rescheduling necessary due to the holidays. Eventually, the recruiter called and we had a very pleasant chat, after which the recruiter suggests that my ext step would be to talk to the hiring manager/creative director. That never happened.

Interview Questions

• As with most calls I get from recruiters, I find that their questions would have been easily answered if they read my resume. I suppose this is a way for them to gauge my presentation skills so I'm happy to talk about my experience--perhaps too happy. There was some discussion about salary which I always find difficult because we're always told not to bring up salary and the first to cite a number loses.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late January. The talent recruiter responded quickly, within a few days. Was asked generic behavioral questions, about my college education and courses, and relevant experience in Computer Science. Interviewer was professional and fairly courteous. Was told at the interview that they would notify me in a 3 or so weeks if I was to make it to the second round interview with the hiring manager. In roughly 2 weeks, I received an email in which they denied me for the internship.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in July 2016.

Interview

Was non stressful conditions, seemed to go off of a computer generated questionnaire. Checked computer skills and accuracy. I went business casual, others showed up in khakis and polo. Show up a few minutes early, they seemed to like that.

Interview Questions

• How has my past jobs correlated with the jobs I am applying for in the warehouse?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process was long and painful because there were so many applicants for the internally posted position. Between each segment of the interview process there were long waits with no communication and I found that to be frustrating. The panel that interviewed me for the position were very intimidating. After the last interview I waited for three weeks before hearing anything about the position.

Interview Questions

• the skills test was very intimidating, as was the panel that interviewed me.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Long and arduous, be committed to staying in contact with your hiring manager. Oftentimes, I was left days and weeks without knowing where we were in the process. Be prepared to talk about non-professional things during your panel interviews.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

First round: HR screening to determine organizational fit, and then specifically which department would best suit me. "Do you (the applicant) fit our culture here at L.L.Bean?"
    Second round: Interview with part of the team in the functional area I was applying to. "Would you work well with the people you will be dealing with on a regular basis?"
    Third round: Interview with upper management who oversees the functional area I would be working in. "Would you positively contribute to the team?"

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of coursework you have done related to the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was on Skype in the beginning of January. Did not hear back for nearly two months. They emailed people back after a month who were not moving on to the next round but did send an email to those who were.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

HR FaceTime interview. FaceTime interview with Marketing team if you get through next round. Everyone is very nice and talks to you about the process all the way through; have room for questions regarding what it is like to work for LL Bean. Everyone is personable so makes the interview very comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Dedham, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview took place at a hotel, as the store had not yet opened. I spoke with one woman, who was nice, but I think I was thrown off guard a little bit by her questions. They were typical, I suppose, but I've usually been offered jobs without long interviews. She asked things like "why would you be good for this job?" and "when was a time you set a goal and reached it?"