L.L. Bean Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at L.L. Bean

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 138 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

It was a group interview and they take turns asking your basic interview questions - experience, motivation, strengths. Then, they have you work together as a group to put up a tent without instructions. It's not so much about actually being able to put up the tent as it is working with other people.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a sales pitch on an item of your choosing (they give you a few choices of clothes, gear, etc)
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

Very straightforward and friendly, one stage phone interview. Received offer within the same week. Didn’t have to undergo any background checks or references. Was asked basic questions regarding my work experience and background

Interview Questions
L.L. Bean
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

Way intense interview for a part time retail job. I don't know what they want because they emailed me that other candidates were more qualified. This was a part time job for the holidays

Interview Questions
L.L. Bean
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

Great process - really enjoyed the employees who conducted the interview. It was professional yet laid back. Questions were thorough and thought-provoking. Be prepared for some harder questions. Overall it was a very positive interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
  • If I were a product, which one would I be?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (San Jose, San Jose) in Sep 2020

Interview

Very good interview, the ambient was very good and friendly, all the interviews and the whole process was excellent and it made me feel very comfortable Very good interview, the ambient was very good and friendly, all the interviews and the whole process was excellent and it made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experienced a situation where you have to take an important decision and how does it make you feel in that moment
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Cranston, RI) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process was very repetitive. I felt like I was answering the same questions throughout all three interviews, such as "why do you want to work for L.L. Bean?" " Why retail?" "What kind of person are you?". Only got rejected for not having retail experience, and was offered a job as a sales associate. I have an MBA so this position was already a little below what I was looking for, definitely do not need retail experience for my future career goals.

Interview Questions
  • How do you plan to manage conversations/having authority over those older than you?
  • What kind of experience do you have working with a team?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

The interview itself was very professionally conducted, and refreshingly friendly. The glitch came with, at the very beginning, I was told the position had pivoted and the responsibilities changed. We continued with the interview, although I was no longer a strong candidate because I did not have relevant experience. This should have been revealed before the interview started so that I could have prepared and possibly canceled the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How is your day (I don't recall, this was a few years ago)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

They asked about my experience, and a few behavioral questions. They also asked about why I was interested in the position. They asked about my experience, and a few behavioral questions. They also asked about why I was interested in the position

Interview Questions
  • Strengths and weaknesses, how to manage conflict, why I was interested in the position, what my current experience was.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (United States)

Interview

Phone screening, followed by an in-person interview with the store manager and the Outdoor Discovery Programs regional manager. I actually applied for the position at one store, was rejected, and then was hired at a lower level to keep me in the loop for the same position which would be opening up at another store a month or so later. L.L.Bean is great at identifying potential and is happy to offer a placeholder position to you until they can give you the job they know you'll excel at.

Interview Questions
  • What strategies might you use to grow participation in the Outdoor Discovery Programs
Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in Dec 2019

Interview

Everyone was super helpful and encouraging during the process. I reached out to talent acquisition and they pointed me in the right direction right away. After the I Irish outreach I talked to several employees to find the right fit before even interviewing. Overall a wonderful experience relative the the seemingly stressful process.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 138