LA Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LA Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

The interview was relatively simple. Answered a few questions about my background, training, and certification. I was also asked a few questions like "what you would do if .. ?" and how I would treat the clients with whom I was working. One of the less stressful interviews I've been on.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client was unsatisfied with their training package?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

They were very unprofessional, contacted me first beforehand to set up the interview. Then when I got there didn't want to discuss much besides their sales team. Proceeded to tell me there wasn't any trainer positions open and there were only openings for the sales team.

Interview Questions

• If passion or compensation was more important to me.   1 Answer

SALES COUNSLER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy. Recruiter just wanted to be sure I had sales experience. Commission structure is good if you have experience in commissions based jobs. Need to be sure if you do have sales experience to mention you have phone sales somewhere in there too. Can only help. Also be prepared to answer if you would perform outdoor marketing campaigns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The guy took 45 mins to finally come interview me. He sped through the interview questions. Didn't even call me back after the interview to follow up. I had to chase the guy to even get an interview. Pushed that the position would have to deal with calling former guests to renew their membership every single morning...

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within 2 weeks. Easy interview process. Asked to send mini audition video so I submitted and then followed up with the regional manager. She's really friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. What I enjoyed was that the interviewer took the time to explain the vision/direction he sees for the LA Fitness locations, giving me a clear understanding of the job that I was agreeing to. I am excited to see what working here brings.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to LA Fitness and how do you see yourself fitting in here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

I walked in and they were very pleasant. They asked very easy questions. I ended up taking the job. It was Just money for me to get by for then until I figured something else out

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. My friend knew the manager and put a good word in for me. I received a call within three days. I got scheduled for an interview for the next day. I came in, the manager was super super nice and friendly. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. She even gave me a tour of the facility. She told me they would give me a call if I got the position. However, the questions she asked were quite difficult...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LA Fitness (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

After confirming the interview day 4 days prior by email, the interviewer waited until the night before to give a time and location for the interview, which I consider inconsiderate. I felt the email exchange we had to set up the interview was slightly unprofessional and not respectful of my time...I found the in-person version to match this tone.

There were few to no questions about my qualifications, degrees, and skill set. Instead, it felt more like a salesman, pitching me a product I didn't want (sales). He literally gave me a sales pitch; that is not metaphor. I found out that I was misled as to the position and its duties; it was not the job I was applying for.
    The interviewer took multiple texts at the beginning and middle of my interview--which I read as an attempt at a 'power move', then proceeded to attempt to 'sell' me the position (which turned out to in fact be exclusively commission phone sales).
    And I suppose while I'm being completely honest, he had noticeable beer on his breath at 1pm.

I left aggravated and felt my time had been wasted by someone who didn't respect their prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Really, the only question he asked was some form of, "Why do you want to work here?"
      Nothing at all about my background, my education, professional skill set, or long-term aspirations.
      Answer Question

Fitness Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LA Fitness (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat down and looked at the resume. I came in for a personal training job but they instantly started talking about the sales (personal training sales) job. They quickly gave me the rundown of the pay, and said I had the job. Overall it was an easy experience