Lawson Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawson Products Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Met with distract manager and regional manager in hotel conference room. Did a ride day with sales rep. Was called next day with job offer. Overall the process was smooth and informal.

Interview Questions

• Why Lawson?
      How do you take rejection?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawson Products.

Interview

Mass interview at local hotel. Met one on one with regional manager then met one on one with district manager. I was called the next day and was offered the job.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

interview process was scheduled first by the recruiter over the phone,then in person with manager and human resources in a hotel in fort Lauderdale,fl.at a later date,following a phone notification if hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was located at a hotel. The interview process had several people in line to be interviewed. The process took about 25 minutes. Basic interview questions were asked during the process.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products in October 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by company recruiter who then referred me to the District Manager for a face to face interview. Then waited a week, had a second interview with the company recruiter, then a drive along with the District Manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very nice. Met with DSM and reviewed job and duties involved. Very easy. Did a ride along with another rep in the area to see what the job is like, No complaints.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Had open house at a hotel with a ton of applicants scheduled every hour. Met one on one with the hiring sales manager. He made it clear they were doing interviews today to narrow down the applicants and bringing back the finalists tomorrow. The interview lasted about an hour and they asked your typical interview questions about your previous employment. They were definitely looking for an experienced outside sales person who is skilled in making cold calls, and developing a new territory from scratch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a very fair offer so I did not negotiate .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

Met at hotel and the manager seemed like a great guy. He was not a manager that operated in Las Vegas but would be my boss's boss. It went well....I just don't think that the base salary was high enough for someone with my level of sales experience. Maybe Next time they can have a major account executive position or a senior level position

Interview Questions

• How long was my last job employment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Rosemont, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Was a good interview, though the managers cell phone kept ringing and getting messages. I wondered why he never silenced it.Very thorough answer about how the call center was run and what would be my responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Explain a situation where you had to deal with an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome>   Answer Question

Territory Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawson Products in December 2015.

Interview

First interview was with recruiter via phone. She was very pleasant and thorough in detailed info about expectations, territory coverage, basic benefits etc. she spent approx 35 minutes with me

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lawson?
      How will your current sales background translate to selling our brand of products?
      Are you comfortable with having salary reduced over 4 year period transitioning to 100% commissions?   Answer Question