Leander ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Cedar Park, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted several weeks later, and I was interviewed by the Principal, who was very positive and upbeat about the position and the school. I was offered the job the job the day after the interview.

Teacher Interview

Interview

I was a student teacher at the school and build a network of teachers on campus. These teachers spoke on my behalf to the principal and--after a couple surprise observations by the administration--I was called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I notice If I were a fly on the wall in your classroom?   Answer Question

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Leander, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed but yet professional. Orientation process was very informative and professional as well. This process set the stage for what I thought would be a gtest place to work. All personnel from the Director st that time down seem to know had manage and yet keep moral up. This was the reason I accepted the job. Since my hire this moral has eroded since the previous director vacated that position.

Interview Questions

• Can you accept being in training for 20hrs even though you al re afy have a cdl license   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Leander, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR team so it was a panel interview and they took turns asking basic questions. The second interview involved a test on your HR background and Microsoft Office skills. In addition, you met again with the HR team along with the HR Assistant Superintendent for additional questions in a panel style setting.

Kindergarten Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Leander ISD.

Interview

You first interview at the district office. If they like you then they will send out your information to campuses/jobs they think you will match. Then you will interview with individual campuses. You may or may not be hired at that point. It's all about finding the right campus.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions unexpected or out of the ordinary. Standard teacher interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Cedar Park, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial step is a digital interview. If you pass this screening, you will be interviewed by the administration of the hiring campus

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leander ISD in July 2010.

Interview

Must be approved by LISD main offices and then sent to a school for second interview. It helps if you know someone that can vouche for you in the district.

Interview Questions

• How have you used differential teaching?   1 Answer

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leander, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Leander, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was very casual. The questions seemed basic and didn't take much thought to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in Leander?   Answer Question
    • Is it important to you to be friends with the other teachers on your team?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry parent?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that other teachers used one of your teaching strategies or ideas.   Answer Question

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Leander, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied on line. I received a phone call setting up an interview. My first interview was with Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent (2), and usually 2 others. After I passed that interview, I received a call from the principal of the school needing a assistant principal. It was a group interview of all of the other assistant principals and department heads. I was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions. You have a mad parent coming in about a teacher. How would you proceed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leander ISD (Austin, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

You have to start online. You will not get anywhere if you walk into a school building off the street. Everything is handled through Management. You submit your resume and references and wait for someone to call you after you contact them via internet what job you['re interested in. I interview with 2 principals and the 3rd one hired me. The interview took place during the summer and I was offered the job on my way home.

Interview Questions

• What musician do you like the best.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's not much negotiating. You are hired at a base rate for the job you applied for. If you have experience and put it writing, you may be illegiable for a raise.