Lids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lids

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Brea, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took at least a month to a month and a half to get hired due to the higher up managers and background check. It was very frustrating because I would have liked to have been in the store alot sooner than when I got there. Then the interview I got was a joke. I thought it was going to be a formal interview but it wasnt. I was told to arrive at 930 sharp, so I do, and I had to wait about ten minutes before the guy interviewing me showed up. He pulled me aside and talked to me for 10 minutes and said I got the job no problem.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Honolulu, HI) in August 2011.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather short. it took a total of 30 minuted to complete and was done by the store manager. After they asked questions they wanted me to try and sell a product to a customer. After they offered me a discount on a hat for my time helping them sell a product. Overall was rather easy compared to other jobs. The interview process was short

Interview Questions

• How would you act in customer service situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rather straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Lakeland, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call later in the week. The Manager was very informal and only focus was scheduling the interview. Once a day and time was set I met him at the store. We proceeded to the food court to hold our interview. At first it was just us, but as the interview went on more people sat around us. This made me uncomfortable and distracted by the people around us. The interview ran long as we had a good amount of personal things in common and we got off topic a few times.

Interview Questions

• How do you do with coaching employees? We are going through some process changes and there has been push-back.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lids (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

I applied online like over 2 months ago. Was called in to do an interview with the DM. The interview was quick he asked the normal questions. He offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate the pay he would not budge, so I just gave up.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

pretty easy, behavior questions mostly.

Interview Questions

• none, interview questions are those "tell me about a time" questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wa s no negotiation, whatever they say goes. not competitive AT ALL!

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Columbia, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by a local store manager. He invited me to come speak with him about an assistant store manager position. After a brief interview with him, I was asked to come back to a job fair the next week. I interviewed with a District Manager in training. The interview was brief, mainly focusing on customer service skills and sports knowledge. He passed my resume on to his District Manager. I met with her about a week later and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In some cases you're able to negotiate salary, but they will put up a tough fight and they won't budge much.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lids (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted months after I applied to Lids by the Store Manager. I was suppose to meet with them the next day and they rescheduled to the following week. Then when the new day came I am sitting at our meeting location and they calls 10 minutes before our meeting and says can they call me later because she was our of the city and is on her way back so then hours later calls and says she is in the area lets meet in 15 minutes. We met and barely talked about my position at the store she heard about where I worked and immediately called her DM to meet me the next day. I met with him and we talked about my experience and my favorite sports team. Then he said that they will call my references and call me later. They continuously called me telling me I was hired and just waiting on my background check. That took 3 weeks to do and then I started there as ASM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, I was offered what I asked but got hired on at less when I did paperwork. Dont accept anything less that what you ask for.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lids.

Interview

Interview process revolves strongly on the DM you are interviewing with. HR is not required to recruit for field or retail level as that is done by field ops. Anything at the store level will be screened by the store manager you'll probably work with, then sent over to the DMIT or DM. Anything in regards to a field operations position is done by the higher ranking position (DMs will interview DMITs.DM's will be interviewed by Regional Directors, etc.)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line, got a call to come in and meet with Store manager. Went in and talked off to side in the store. Two days later met with DSM up in the food court area of the mall. Was told by DSM that I would be contacted in the latter part of the next week. But me being me I still called early in the week just to touch base. The whole process up to now is very lengthy. I was offered the job maybe about a little under a week following the interviews. Still waiting on background check to clear. It's now almost 2 weeks after initial correspondence. If you're patient you can wait if not I would encourage you to either keep following up or have other options on the table.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about previous experience. Where do I see myself in 5 years. I was asked scenario questions in past work situations. One big thing I'd encourage is to know yourself and what you can bring to table. If you're ambitious they will select you without hesitation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made more than what was quoted as the starting pay so I negotiated to get what I was expecting the pay to be. If you want something just ask.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lids in January 2013.

Interview

Basic situation based questions. fairly easy with previous knowledge of retail industry and merchandising/buying, knowledge of company

Interview Questions

• Can't really think of one. Know about the position and what you bring to the table   Answer Question