Lids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lids Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Danville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met at the store and proceeded to the food court for an approximately 20 minute sit down. Lively interview with an excited Store Manager. After the initial interview, expect a follow up interview with the District Manager before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lids (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Manager hired me on the spot as I presented how I had years of experience working in retail! I presented to him my resume and explained how my past/previous positions made me into the strong sales associate I am today - and how I can bring those skills to their store and use to give guest a awesome shopping experience!

Interview Questions

• How many hours was I looking to receive?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line, got a call to come in and meet with Store manager. Went in and talked off to side in the store. Two days later met with DSM up in the food court area of the mall. Was told by DSM that I would be contacted in the latter part of the next week. But me being me I still called early in the week just to touch base. The whole process up to now is very lengthy. I was offered the job maybe about a little under a week following the interviews. Still waiting on background check to clear. It's now almost 2 weeks after initial correspondence. If you're patient you can wait if not I would encourage you to either keep following up or have other options on the table.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about previous experience. Where do I see myself in 5 years. I was asked scenario questions in past work situations. One big thing I'd encourage is to know yourself and what you can bring to table. If you're ambitious they will select you without hesitation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made more than what was quoted as the starting pay so I negotiated to get what I was expecting the pay to be. If you want something just ask.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lids (Olympia, WA).

Interview

I was taken to the back. I talked about my experience. She offered me a position. The pay was unclear. From my knowledge I was to be paid the minimum amount I would offer. This is what I was thinking because we did not talk about pay ever. Not until After I accepted and started my paperwork.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lids in September 2016.

Interview

The senior buyer reached out to me approximately two weeks after I applied for the merchandiser position to schedule an interview. I went to their new corporate office in Zionsville and interviewed with three buyers at the same time. It was a very conversational interview, no real specifics about the actual role were really discussed. They wrapped up the interview saying that they would be in contact soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for the merchandiser role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Plantation, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I came into the store and went to the first associate I saw and asked for the manager. She said the manager was out so she could do my interview for him. We do the interview inside of the store standing up next to the cash register. It was quick and easy, she asked very easy questions that blew over my head. She said she would give my resume to the manager and she will tell him how it went and that my interview went GREAT. So she said she will call me in 1 week. She didn't call me so I called her and she was like give me another week so both weeks went by so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. It sucked because I really did need it badly, and they fooled me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lids.

Interview

Very thorough, straight to the point. Know how to sale additional accessories and embroidery, the hats will sell by themselves. Be available and have great customer service. Know to use embroidery and pitch sales because that will be one of the primary task as a Lids worker, regardless of position. Know how to POS- Open/Close drawers , check receipts, open/close store etc.

DSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Good process from end to end. Lasted about 45 minutes with about 10 minutes on the company history, brand layout and culture. Questions were primarily based on past experiences and behavioral based questions. it was a good process overall.

Interview Questions

• Asked to use examples of past experiences, Behavioral Based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lids (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy interview.
    I originally went through the store manager who asked very easy questions and honestly didn't seem to care much about my answers.
    Then since I was going to be a keyholder I had to have an interview with the DM. Mine was over the phone, but some are in person.
    He asked very similar questions and that was more like a conversation than anything. Basically the same questions are the first interview, but he asked follow up questions and seemed to care more.
    Most stores ask the same questions that they've basically been told to ask, but various managers will add their own as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at lids?   1 Answer
    • What do you consider good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself ___ years from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lids (Humble, TX).

Interview

Very brief, very straight to the point. didn't waste my time and were laid back. I honestly built a relationship with the management on the spot and that fostered relationship got me a the job