Lids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lids Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.0

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lids in September 2017.

Interview

Met with the Store Manager who was transferring to another location who was supposedly pre screening candidates for the district manager.. Interview lasted for 2 or 3 hours mostly him talking about himself... Seemed like he was just killing time talking about sports and how easy the job was and all the ways he tried to pass the down time.. maybe this was one of them..

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lids (Blackwood, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on Lids career website for multiple positions and waited for weeks to get a call or follow up. I had an interview with another company in the same mall and decided to stop in to speak to whomever was working. It turned out to be the manager we spoke and I told him about my background while speaking like a true salesman. He told me he would get back to me. An assistant manager got back to me and scheduled my interview the next day. Two days later I got an offer with Lids.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lids (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Short and to the point it was a interview just getting to know my skills and the company the district manager asked about my background and about my retail experience

Store Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zionsville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Zionsville, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I met with the department manager along with the CIO . This was an onsite interview following an initial HR and department manager interview over the phone. I was excited for the opportunity. The HR staff is very friendly. The interview process was pretty standard until it came time to meet onsite. After answering the same questions in person as I did over the phone, I met with the CIO. Things were going fine at first. It was apparent he hadn't viewed my resume prior to meeting. He paused for a few moments around 10 minutes into the interview and said "don't you think this position is a bit of a stretch for you?" I decided not to walk out. This after being asked one of the most unprofessional questions I have ever been asked. This employee had been there for only a month. Was very condescending. I would not have accepted a position after this. Ruined my perception of this company in many ways.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this position is a bit of a stretch for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lids (Danville, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Met at the store and proceeded to the food court for an approximately 20 minute sit down. Lively interview with an excited Store Manager. After the initial interview, expect a follow up interview with the District Manager before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lids (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Manager hired me on the spot as I presented how I had years of experience working in retail! I presented to him my resume and explained how my past/previous positions made me into the strong sales associate I am today - and how I can bring those skills to their store and use to give guest a awesome shopping experience!

Interview Questions

• How many hours was I looking to receive?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lids in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line, got a call to come in and meet with Store manager. Went in and talked off to side in the store. Two days later met with DSM up in the food court area of the mall. Was told by DSM that I would be contacted in the latter part of the next week. But me being me I still called early in the week just to touch base. The whole process up to now is very lengthy. I was offered the job maybe about a little under a week following the interviews. Still waiting on background check to clear. It's now almost 2 weeks after initial correspondence. If you're patient you can wait if not I would encourage you to either keep following up or have other options on the table.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about previous experience. Where do I see myself in 5 years. I was asked scenario questions in past work situations. One big thing I'd encourage is to know yourself and what you can bring to table. If you're ambitious they will select you without hesitation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made more than what was quoted as the starting pay so I negotiated to get what I was expecting the pay to be. If you want something just ask.

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lids (Olympia, WA).

Interview

I was taken to the back. I talked about my experience. She offered me a position. The pay was unclear. From my knowledge I was to be paid the minimum amount I would offer. This is what I was thinking because we did not talk about pay ever. Not until After I accepted and started my paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lids (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very laid back general questions pertaining to sports and hats. The store manager was new to being a store manager. I was the first person he had hired so instead of looking for someone who had product knowledge he was looking for someone who had been a manager before that he could rely on to help him through getting the store on the right track.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what size hat you wear in terms of a new era fitted   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lids in September 2016.

Interview

The senior buyer reached out to me approximately two weeks after I applied for the merchandiser position to schedule an interview. I went to their new corporate office in Zionsville and interviewed with three buyers at the same time. It was a very conversational interview, no real specifics about the actual role were really discussed. They wrapped up the interview saying that they would be in contact soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for the merchandiser role?   Answer Question