Lloyd's Register Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring process was three-phase.

Phase one: phone interview with man who would be my boss, during which he explained my job would not involve much engineering (my degree).

Phase two: SItting with aforementioned unkempt individual as he explained my job would be checking off objects of a list.

Phase three: sitting with HR lady and working through details of my employment.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. They offered a decent salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was straight forwards:
    - First interview was with head hunter via telephone
    - Second interview was with manager via telephone
    - Third interview was in office with manager and various coworkers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at LR?   1 Answer

API Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Interview

On-site interview, started with HR recruiter--introduced the position and asked about your background. Then the real interview, is a group including the manager and the team member. Just straightforward questions related to your experience to the jon function.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negrotiate with you. You choose to accept or no. The salary is disappointed, lower than expected, benefit is better than average.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Got the job through a temp agency. Afterwards, they will make you a full time offer. This can take up to 3-12 months before they ask you to become permanent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just went inside the office and asked for a few thousand dollars extra.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register in November 2010.

Interview

Can vary from multiple interviews to a single interview. If you think you have a shot at a senior position, take a chance. I've seen people with 2 years experience get hired for very senior positions. Some managers hired for sectors with absolutely no experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wouldn't budget on salary, but lots of flexibility on signing bonus, vacation, and relocation expenses.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

Met with HR, and then a second interview with Client Services manager, overall hiring and interview process was simple and fair.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle negotations with other team members?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary than what was initially offered, only be a couple of thousand more a year.

Marine Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marseille (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Marseille (France)).

Interview

2 interviews by Skype. During the first part of the interview, the interviewers explained the job responsibilities in detail. Then, it was my turn to briefly introduce myself and why I was interested in working at LR. Some questions included what relative experiences I have had in the past and about my actual job and why I wanted to leave.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Bracknell, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very positive, competency based questions with a relaxed approach. Given plenty of opportunities to go through examples you may have prepared.

Overall felt more like a conversation, with no awkward moments or silences.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very fast had 3 rounds and got selected and offered in 10 days. Very good experience. The hiring manager was a phd holder and the hr was very good as well and comforting. Like good and bad cop. It was fun.

Interview Questions

• tell me your strenghts, weakness, how do you motivate staff, what was the most difficult decision you made in your past role. Was there any wrong decisions that you made? and how you rectified it.   1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview is conducted by the HR personnel who is based in Singapore. The second interview was conducted in the KL office with the Team Leader & the Line Manager who is based in Singapore.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to cope with team members who are not working to achieve a specific target?   Answer Question