Lloyd's Register Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring process was three-phase.

Phase one: phone interview with man who would be my boss, during which he explained my job would not involve much engineering (my degree).

Phase two: SItting with aforementioned unkempt individual as he explained my job would be checking off objects of a list.

Phase three: sitting with HR lady and working through details of my employment.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. They offered a decent salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was straight forwards:
    - First interview was with head hunter via telephone
    - Second interview was with manager via telephone
    - Third interview was in office with manager and various coworkers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at LR?   1 Answer

API Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Interview

On-site interview, started with HR recruiter--introduced the position and asked about your background. Then the real interview, is a group including the manager and the team member. Just straightforward questions related to your experience to the jon function.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negrotiate with you. You choose to accept or no. The salary is disappointed, lower than expected, benefit is better than average.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Got the job through a temp agency. Afterwards, they will make you a full time offer. This can take up to 3-12 months before they ask you to become permanent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just went inside the office and asked for a few thousand dollars extra.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register in November 2010.

Interview

Can vary from multiple interviews to a single interview. If you think you have a shot at a senior position, take a chance. I've seen people with 2 years experience get hired for very senior positions. Some managers hired for sectors with absolutely no experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wouldn't budget on salary, but lots of flexibility on signing bonus, vacation, and relocation expenses.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Houston, TX) in May 2008.

Interview

Met with HR, and then a second interview with Client Services manager, overall hiring and interview process was simple and fair.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle negotations with other team members?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary than what was initially offered, only be a couple of thousand more a year.

Technical Support Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register.

Interview

Interview process seemed professional. Prompt intimation on interview date, who will attend , who will ask questions. Who will be from HR who will attend and what kind of questions will be asked. Everything great. Everything great professional till this point.

The fact was, the political bosses had already decided who will get selected, my interview was mere formality time pass to pretend to be professional. Questions asked in the interview were academic and needed academic answer. This was used to reject my application. Not to forget the useless blabber of HR personnel in the interview which was for technical post.

Lastly the interview was for internal vacancy, and I already worked for many years with LR. It was going to be decided politically, and I realized it only later.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - fairly formal - no one to one interviews, all panel. Very little information from the company and they provided little background, making it difficult to probe and ask questions

Interview Questions

• What the three things you'd worry about 90 days after getting the job.   1 Answer

Oil & Gas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Head hunted from university. Interview was in fact formality with technical director and line manager. Had a 2 hour discussion. Made a presentation on my phd outcome to 10+ employees. Received a brief overview of the team I was joining and 45 mins from HR. It took 4 hours. Company paid for my flight ticket for interview.

Interview Questions

• Solve Euler Bernoli beam equation   1 Answer

Marine Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marseille (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's Register (Marseille (France)).

Interview

2 interviews by Skype. During the first part of the interview, the interviewers explained the job responsibilities in detail. Then, it was my turn to briefly introduce myself and why I was interested in working at LR. Some questions included what relative experiences I have had in the past and about my actual job and why I wanted to leave.