Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 130 of over 130 interviews

Applied online35%
Other5%
HardAverageEasy

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

Once you submit your application, they will contact you via email to request you to select the time for interview. When you go to the interview place, there will be some check in processes, then you will be guided to interview room where the two panels are. You will be asked some of technical questions and personal and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
  • The technical questions were about civil engineering concepts, such as structural analysis, geotechnical engineering and material mechanics etc.
    Answer Question
  • Behavior questions were about how you are going to deal with some given situations.

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

Applied in December, had a remote interview in February. Not really any technical questions but still a few that threw me a bit. This was for the water resources department.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

The interview was online through conference call during pandemic. Interviewers wore their face coverings even though remote. A mix of questions from general to more detailed was asked inmy interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

I only had one interview with them but it was done by two interviewers that took turns asking a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. The questions weren't difficult to answer if you have reasonable knowledge within this area.

Interview Questions
  • What are some waste disposal alternative other than sending the waste to a landfill?

Application

Interview

I did the first "test" interview (through college) in which you receive a score weeks later. The interview was very organized but fast-paced. I was interviewed by two engineers who were very friendly and took notes as I responded to their questions. They started with the standard "tell us about yourself" and ended with "do you have any questions for us." In the middle section of the interview they asked both behavioral and technical questions (specific to mechanical). If you score well on the first interview (I got 95/100), City of LA intermittently sends you job referral notices to report for a second interview. I didn't go for a second interview so I can't comment on that experience, but overall the "test" interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

I got an interview opportunity through college career website. Then i got a phone call from HR person to schedule the first round of interviews. The interviews had both behavioral and technical questions. Also they asked about my project experience on my resume

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

Was virtual and had two interviewers. They took turns answering questions back and forth. Then after all questions were asks they stayed on the call to talk about how you did.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward: just a few phone calls and technical questions from classes like thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. I received a couple offers from different teams, but unfortunately the internship program was cancelled due to Covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Alhambra, CA)

Interview

Very smooth. I got interviewed online by a panel of two and got asked around 8 questions. A lot were general but they did ask 2 technical questions. Overall I feel like I did great and am excited to see how I scored

Interview Questions
  • Describe how big cities get water supply and why it’s important?

Los Angeles Water and Power

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power

Interview

I was asked up to six questions. Non technical, mostly based on my previous project expereineces. Interviewers were nice and answered all of my questions for them. Also, it was a phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Interviews