Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles Water and Power

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

The interviews did not want to seem to want to connect on a more personal level. they simply wanted their questions answered and robotic like. I tried to extend the conversation but one kept cutting me off and the other was clearly the "good" guy.

Interview Questions

• What is the second law of thermodynamics?   1 Answer

Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in November. I received a phone call in January to do an interview the week after. I was interviewed by two people at LADWP. The interviewers just wanted to get to know me -- no technical questions.

Summer Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I applied in December of 2019 and was contacted in February 2020 for an interview. The interview was conducted over the phone. They asked me a few questions about what I thought the future of the LADWP was and what I could contribute to the program.

Associate Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I landed an interview at a career fair in October 2019. My ID and 2 of my resumes were required for the interview. Two panelists asked me questions. I later received my interview score in December 2019. I was contacted in March for a “screening exercise”. I have no offer yet.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was along the lines of, what is one environmental concern today and how would you tackle it as an engineer?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Before the interview, I had to fill out some paperwork with human resources personnel. The interview began once the interviewers were ready. I was asked a few behavioral questions and two technical questions.

Summer Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power in January 2020.

Interview

I received an interview invitation by phone a little over a month after I sent in my application, and I chose to do a video call rather than commuting to their DTLA site. The interview itself was one-sided, with the panel of two taking turns asking questions off a sheet and taking notes while I talked. I didn't feel very good about the interview because of the lack of affirmation from them, which threw me off a little.

Interview Questions

• Given that you need to transport water to a higher elevation, what variables do you need to design a water pump?   Answer Question

Student Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions. Very kind interviewer. The interviewer told me about the job applications and what position it entails. Explained in great detail about the time of work that I would be getting into and how to succeed within them.

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

Face to face interview with two Los Angeles Water and Power representatives. Asked some technical questions, situational/hypothetical, and some questions about my experience. They were nice and professional and tried to make you feel comfortable and less nervous.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was interviewed by two engineers who asked a variety of behavioral questions and some technical questions. The technical questions were very basic such as "What is the first law of Thermodynamics" and "State Bernoulli's equation and its parameters". Overall it was a very easy interview and just need to wait 4-6 weeks for a response to see if you move on to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• What is the first Law of Thermodynamics in your own words   1 Answer

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job through on campus with my resume . After that they selected me for on campus interview and asked me to schedule my interview time. Finally I choose one slot for the interview and after 4 weeks they emailed me with my interview score that is out of 100

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what you have done in your GIS project?   Answer Question