Luxoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Luxoft Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2018

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Luxoft in January 2017.

Interview

1st with recruiter about your status of visa , salary,Technical interview for 1hr, you must know complete c++ text book.. like you are applying for c++ teacher position than a professional

Interview Questions

• you must know complete c++ text book.. like you are applying for c++ teacher position than a professional   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied CV online, there were 2 interviews. There were a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Should synchronized be used when used with atomic operation, say setting and getting values of integer?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Staff was nice and questions were easy in general. What made me give up is that I was doing the same process (technical interview) several times because they were trying so hard to fit me somewhere. It had been over 2 months and nothing had been decided until then.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (Poland, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Theoretical and practical tests. Then short interview. In general all people there very open and nice - very engaged into their work, focused on results. Engagement, positive attitude are the most important elements during interview from my perspective.

Negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

very informal. they wanted to know about my previous experience. This was a role at one of Luxoft's clients. So they wanted to make sure my background matched with the job description of the client

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

I had an initial call with Michael and was then set up to meet in person with the team I would potentially be working with. I got great feedback from both the recruiter and the team and was very excited for next steps. Following the in person interview, I was scheduled for 5 separate Skype interviews with various heads of departments around the globe. After all of my calls I received more positive feedback and was told over the phone that I would be receiving an offer the following day. Fast-forward a week, I was told everything was on hold but they were still very much interested in making an offer. This continued on for a few weeks, telling me I was still the top candidate and an offer was soon to come. After 2-3 weeks the recruited did not answer my emails or calls. Would have been nice to get the common courtesy of "no" after an extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process of preparing a marketing campaign from start to finish.   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxoft (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I did 3 interviews. First was with a very nice recruiter. She asked briefly about my experience, my salary expectations, where am I located etc. We scheduled time for a technical interview.
    Most of the questions on technical interview were about different cases and what I will do to solve them. Couple questions were about Swift. It was a nice talk, nothing scaring :)
    The third interview was with two managers. Mostly we talk about the project, salary, experience and other common question question about the offer.
    After that they've sent me a benefits list and told me to wait the last interview with the client. I was waiting. Then I asked about updates and still they told me to wait, wait and wait.
    I guess it happens. In the end, I had a good impression about a company

Senior Software Engineer C++ Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY).

Interview

HR manager called and scheduled interview time.
    I was invited to the local company office. Onsite interview took about 90 minutes in total.
    At fist interviewer described briefly company and project (about 10 minutes).
    Rest time was spent for tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Random C++ questions. relatively easy.
      What is OOP, virtual destructor, macro vs function   Answer Question
    • how to sort std::map (gotcha)   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online, As soon as i applied the HR called me saying your resume looks very nice as you have a lot of experience on coding.. etc., She asked my salary expectation, My work status etc., everything went well with the HR. She then scheduled an interview for next week. But the day before, she said the guy who was suppose to interview you is on tour so we will have to reschedule. Then she moved it to 1 week after. She literally scheduled for 5 times. I was very patient throughout the process. Finally she scheduled with a confirmation from the interviewer.

The position basically for one of their clients and was regarding automating the tasks we perform on clouds using cloud API, python etc with a knowledge of cloud technologies like aws, azure, vmware and maily openstack. But the guy who interviewed me did not even ask me questions on automation but he asked me on networking with kubernetes, jenkins pipeline etc.. Throughout the whole interview i was very confused thinking when is he going to test me on python and cloud api.
    Unfortunately he never even asked a single question on python, openstack, vmware, azure etc.. The interview was about 30 mins. I answered almost all the questions. But next day i asked the HR if she got any feedback.. She replied saying.. They did receive feedback from him and the team decided they will move with a different person.
    What a waste of time. But after reading many reviews on glassdoor i am glad they didn't offer me a position. Please don't waste your time with these people.

Interview Questions

• Questions: llinux basics(top, chmod), Kubernetes networking.   1 Answer

Head of OpenLink Consulting/Principal Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

What an ordeal! I had two phone interviews with senior members of the consulting group in early August. I was originally told I would be interviewing for a Principal Consultant position. Both went very well and I was told by the recruiter that an offer was imminent. A week went by but I received no offer. I was told that the person on HR was on vacation but I should expect the offer no later than Tuesday the following week. Tuesday came and went with no offer. I got an email from the recruiter that we wanted to chat the day after. I thought an offer was coming in when he emailed me. I called him and no offer, just more excuses. He said the offer should be in next week. I received a call from the recruiter the following week. No offer but he said that I was now being considered to lead the entire North American OpenLink consulting group! I was extremely excited. The recruiter said the he was excited for me. One catch ... the Head of the consulting group was on vacation and could not sign the offer. I needed to wait another week. So I followed up next week and the recruiter said that the partner signed off on the offer and now needed HR to sign again. HR was, predictably, on vacation. It was now Labor Day weekend. I had been strung along for almost a month. When I returned from the Labor Day weekend, I immediately called the recruiter again. He said that I would have the offer by Wednesday 5AM because the HR person was working from the UK. I woke and Wednesday for work and no offer. So I called again and I told the recruiter that I needed to see an offer by Wednesday - no excuses. On Wednesday he said that he was meeting with HR and everything would be signed by noon on Wednesday. Radio silence for the rest of the day. I called the recruiter on Friday and he finally coped to the lie. There was no offer. Excelian was showing my resume to perspective clients, most likely telling them that I worked for them. Their plan was to keep stringing me along until they signed a new client. So why did they say they wanted me as the head on the OpenLink group when they were shopping me around as a consultant? The recruiter just claimed ignorance of the whole process, saying "I'm new, I just do what they tell me"

What a waste of time. I really got my hopes up too. A very unethical company.

Interview Questions

• You should be able to explain the pros and cons of doing projects using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies   Answer Question