Luxoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

I had an initial call with Michael and was then set up to meet in person with the team I would potentially be working with. I got great feedback from both the recruiter and the team and was very excited for next steps. Following the in person interview, I was scheduled for 5 separate Skype interviews with various heads of departments around the globe. After all of my calls I received more positive feedback and was told over the phone that I would be receiving an offer the following day. Fast-forward a week, I was told everything was on hold but they were still very much interested in making an offer. This continued on for a few weeks, telling me I was still the top candidate and an offer was soon to come. After 2-3 weeks the recruited did not answer my emails or calls. Would have been nice to get the common courtesy of "no" after an extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process of preparing a marketing campaign from start to finish.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Luxoft in January 2017.

Interview

1st with recruiter about your status of visa , salary,Technical interview for 1hr, you must know complete c++ text book.. like you are applying for c++ teacher position than a professional

Interview Questions

• you must know complete c++ text book.. like you are applying for c++ teacher position than a professional   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer C++ Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY).

Interview

HR manager called and scheduled interview time.
    I was invited to the local company office. Onsite interview took about 90 minutes in total.
    At fist interviewer described briefly company and project (about 10 minutes).
    Rest time was spent for tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Random C++ questions. relatively easy.
      What is OOP, virtual destructor, macro vs function
      Answer Question
    • how to sort std::map (gotcha)   1 Answer

Personal Assistant/EA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxoft.

Interview

Cold people in this Seattle office, not very friendly at all. You can tell there is something in the air after Luxoft acquired this company. The office is in poor condition, too. The recruiters here do not know how to be professional, and will treat you like trash.

All in all I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Avoid at all costs!

Interview Questions

Luxoft Response

Mar 4, 2016 – Global Employer Branding Manager

Thanks for your comment and transparency. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are looking at it and will make sure this will not happen again.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (Poland, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Theoretical and practical tests. Then short interview. In general all people there very open and nice - very engaged into their work, focused on results. Engagement, positive attitude are the most important elements during interview from my perspective.

Negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luxoft (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied CV online, there were 2 interviews. There were a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Should synchronized be used when used with atomic operation, say setting and getting values of integer?   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (South Goa (India)).

Interview

I was referred by my friend for a Position of java developer.
    The first round of interview was conducted and it went well and i had cleared the first round.
    The response from the HR regarding the scheduling of the interview was very nice and interactive and the interviewer was also very nice and friendly. This was for Gurgaon location India. But after the first round of interview HR told me that she will respond to me after talking with the client so i waited and waited for 2 weeks after which i was told that the position for which i was interviewing was not there anymore. I was little disappointed that after clearing the first round the process was stopped there. Wish if they would have considered me for other positions in other locations since there were so many java requirements.

Interview Questions

• General java questions from core java to j2ee to databse.   Answer Question

QA Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in George Town (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Luxoft (George Town (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR personnel from Vietnam after she found my profile in LinkedIn and I showed interest in the position. The position was based in Penang, Malaysia. The HR personnel was efficient in contacting candidate to schedule an interview, giving a reminder on the actual day, and also emailing candidate on the outcome few days after the interview (in which I didn't get the offer, anyway).

Luxoft occupies 12th floor of Wawasan Open University building in George Town, Penang. Park your car at visitor car park and walk your way to the building (no pass required). However, the expected interviewer was not there and my appearance was kind of unexpected. Anyway, I was being interviewed by another Test Engineer who was resided at client side through Skype using an employee's laptop. A drawback was perhaps Malaysia's broadband quality, causing live video to break up occasionally and both parties have to use messenger to text each other. Towards the end, it was almost impossible to hear from interviewers on general questions asked.

Overall, the interview process was consider smooth. Be sure to sharpen up some basic Linux commands.

Update Jun/14/2017:

After a week since the interview, to my surprise, I was contacted by the same HR person again and was told that whether or not to proceed with "second interview". I was OK with it and the interview was conducted between test lead and me via Skype. The next day, HR messaged me via Skype telling me that the interview was a positive one and would like to proceed "third interview" with project manager through Skype. Even though feeling a bit reluctant, I accepted again but unfortunately the project manager was a "no show" on the scheduled date/time. Since then, I never heard from HR again.

Interview Questions

• What are the test methodologies you are currently using?   1 Answer
    • Do you use any IDE for Python?   1 Answer
    • In Linux, how to display only last few lines of an error log file?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you carry out daily test execution activity.   Answer Question
    • How you submit a bug and how you follow up with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever encountered difficult customers and how you handle them?   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Luxoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2017.

Interview

Called in by recruiter,asked if i'm interested for DevOps opportunity and if I'm open for a change.I said yes,she sent me the JD and after a brief review scheduled the interview for technical skills with someone from Poland.The technical interview was fast,this guy was rushing to finish the discussion.As for question,they were kinda easy like top ,ps -ef| grep Pid, scp.public and private keys,selects and inserts,differences between DDL and DML bla bla bla,junior stuff.
    I was wondering if they look for DevOps then why put this simple,basic questions?
    No idea.
    The surprise come later when you pass the interview and you receive another call from HR where they ask about your salary expectations.
    BOOM
    This is an low cost outsourcing company not willing to pay much,not even average salaries for the professionals but still,if some bites the dust they are willing to take him on the boat.

Be aware,DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!

Interview Questions

• top ,ps -ef| grep Pid, scp.public and private keys,selects and inserts,differences between DDL and DML bla bla bla,junior stuff.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luxoft (Wrocław (Poland)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a Natural process with hr interview, then a technical interview and finally one with the manager .in general was a standard process and people were really nice when it comes to keep informed the candidate about process and next steps.