Luxoft Senior Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Luxoft Senior Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2016

3.3

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was the worst interview I have even had!! There are three sessions scheduled where the interviewer fail to show up all three sessions.
For the first session, I was informed by the HR that the interviewer was having an urgent meeting so she has to reschedule the interview.
On the second scheduled session, I basically waited for 30mins and I don't receive any call through Skype nor phone, and the HR person is basically unreachable. HR contacted me at the end of the day to follow up on the interview progress but I told her I did not get any call!
I was unhappy with all these, definitely.
HR person called me again trying to get another interview time scheduled. I was hesitating if I would like to talk to the interviewer when the HR person told me the interviewer was running some personal errands the other day and forgot about the interview! I am totally amused that this can happen?!
Finally I agreed to the third interview to be scheduled, giving chance to prove myself wrong that the missed meeting were unintentionally. To my disappointment, there is another no show and there is no follow up from the HR person as well.

I will be fine if the HR or interviewer being directly telling me they are not interested anymore or I am not qualified for the interview! Being no show and follow by no follow up is is totally disrespectful!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Luxoft

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Polan (Kosovo)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (Polan (Kosovo)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was entirely on All java concept from core java till J2EE, Spring, Testing technique and Development process.Entire process took at least 15 day for Technical round, Face to Face round with Project Manager via Skype.

Interview Questions

• 1- New Features in Java 8, Structural design pattern , TCP and UDP protocol, XML parsing, Spring AOP, Hibernate session management etc.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Luxoft (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Luxoft website and went through the following steps:
    1. Pre-screen with HR
    2. Technical Interview with Specialist
    3. Coding Task

I was told that code/tests were not in the standards they wanted in the end.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luxoft in March 2016.

Interview

I had several interview for different projects. Usually interview include two parts: technical interview and interview with project/program manager. Questions on interview with Project Manager mostly was about soft skills, how can resolve different issue with distributed team. Technical interview included question about multithreading, algorithms complexity and so on. Nothing special. Both interviews were via phone, because I was interviewed to Krakow, while I was in Russian. Feedback I got very quickly. In 1-2 days.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kraków (Poland)) in June 2014.

Interview

First it was a screening interview (do you know xyz technology + something in english)
    Than, and in my career I was intervied to like 3 clients and had like 7 interviews (5 of them with the same client - large invesment bank).
    The problem with Luxoft is that even for same client you have each time
    - Technical interview (this is annoying), they kind of have this spreadsheet from the first interview which technically should be shared each time, but each time has its own interview and basically asks the same questions
    - The technical interview with client, which is some cases was very simple (or repeated the previsous ones)
    - Interview with programm/project manager from luxoft, not much can be said here [as really client decides]
    - Interview with a soft manager on client side, which for technical companies were ok; but for investment bank I don't know what they expected from it and I failed at this time like 3 times)

Other problem is cancelation of projects which you participated in (in one case I luxoft nicely proposed me another place but with afterhours and working at weekend)

In some interviews (acutally in 1) I had a program to write at home and some coding which basically amounted to showing how I'm fascinated by unit testing and even more likely TDD (this was for a technical lead position, they spend the whole interview (3h) viewing how I write unit test for a dicitonery + how write unit test for a dictionary [yes two teams came with the same issue]:( )

Interview Questions

• Generally the 'Top interview questions for Java', they have standard questions and rarely go beyond that, not much thinking or algorithms.

Technical clients did expand the questions for instance more with css/js etc. or you DID NOT here the same question for the n-th time [like in my investment banking case]

In investment banking the Luxoft teams were really focused on TDD,clean code (or later on DDD) so basically so then you have to exagerate and say hwo Clean Code change your life, and how you start writing a program with thinking about test first.
      1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2014.

Interview

All done remotely
    - coding task
    - technical interview call
    - call with client
    - offer call

No specific HR questions, no stupid motivation questions. Lady call with offer 15 min after finishing last stage of technical interview.

Interview Questions

• - how hashmap works
      - design cash machine
      - some elementary java questions
      Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter has connected me through the LinkedIn. We discussed all options and arranged a technical phone interview.

It took me about 2 hours, we discussed Java2SE/EE stuff + algorithms/complexity + frameworks and little bit of RDBMS (JVM, class loaders, exceptions, collections, data structures, threads, concurrency, GC, memory areas, OutOfMemory problem solving, Servlets, JMS, JPA, JDBC, Spring, etc.). It also a couple of algorithmic (find k the nearest points on 2D field of n points, estimate complexity: n log k, n, n^2 for different solutions) and database (functional indexes, data group) tasks were introduced to solve.

Next stage was the Project Manager interview, on phone as well. It took me about 1 hour. Regular chat about the past experience, the reason of job searching, Scrum/Agile questions (which I'm not familiar to :-), honestly).

After 2 weeks I got a reject email with a reason, that my application had been rejected by customer (Deutsche Bank - which I haven't had an interview with).

Anyway, all process was well organized. I impressed with skills of all people I had had a contact. They're highly experienced in their areas. It was a pleasure to have a deal with Luxoft.

Interview Questions

• How to investigate the OutOfMemory reason on a production instance? What are you going to do to prevent the problem in future? What approaches do you know to tune GC and JVM in terms of memory management?   2 Answers

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luxoft in May 2013.

Interview

Java memory model, Algorigthms, datastructure many questions about hashcode and all about it, NIO, MultyThreading, Concurent. Asked about development process, personal preferences in devlopment, nothing special for a senior guy.

Interview Questions

• Guaranteed deadlock, implement remove method in LinkedList   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Luxoft (Kraków (Poland)) in April 2012.

Interview

Long process, first 4 telephone technical interviews, then 1 face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you have a system of mailbox and mails dispatcher that depending on the mail address forwards mails to other locations. Fetching mails from mailbox by despatcher is time-constant process, but resolving address and forwarding to target place is slow. Design the system   1 Answer

Got competitive salary elsewhere.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Luxoft (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2012.

Interview

Depends on a project. Most of the requirements goes from the customer. Usually they ask something about yourself, how you behave in conflicts, how long you plan to stay etc
    Technical questing for java could be general:
    Java Collections Framework, Concurrency, Algorithms, Spring, Hibernate

Interview Questions

• Java Collections Framework, Algorithms, Spring, Hibernate.   Answer Question