Luxoft Reviews

4.3
Luxoft President and Chief Executive Officer Dmitri Loshchinin
Dmitri Loshchinin
Pros
Cons
  • "Too low salary, high pressure from managment(in 32 reviews)

• "Since this is an outsourcing company the only direction to progress is via managerial skills(in 24 reviews)

"Amazing Company - I am glad that I joined Luxoft!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture! Amazingly friendly, respectful teams. Managers are very supportive and helps their team member to grow within Luxoft. Great training materials to develop new skills which widen up's your opportunities within Luxoft. I must say that they do take care of there employee. Internal Mobility - 5 Star, Immigration team - 5 Star

Cons

Need to have Cafeteria and gaming zone - US locations ;) !!

May 7, 2020Marketing assistant

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to see that you found lots of positive aspects at Luxoft. We will take your comments into considerations. Thank you for being the part of Luxoft Family!

2. "A great opportunity to try yourself in different IT directions and grow in them."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Luxoft full-time

Pros

Luxoft company gives the opportunity to change its technical direction and supports further growth and promotion. I already had 4 years of experience as a QA Engineer before getting into Luxoft and I wanted to try myself in the software development. And in the first project, I alreaady was involved in the development of a product using Python. For a year I got good experience in this programming language and the next project was found for me as for a software developer. Now I am already an advanced Python developer ina new project and I often get involved in supporting products written in various programming languages ​​like Java, JS, C, C # that improve my skills and portfolio. I want to say that I calmly changed IT direction from testing to development and I did not encounter any problems during the transitions.

Cons

The kitchen does not have cookies.

May 6, 2020Marketing assistant

Thank you for writing your feedback about Luxoft. We appreciate every feedback we receive as the best source of improvement and development. Thank you for being with us!

3. "great company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Scala Developer

I worked at Luxoft full-time

Pros

in Ukraine big, great salary, work environment

Cons

in the USA outsource, small salary, contract position

May 6, 2020Marketing assistant

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We value every feedback we receive as the vest source of improvement. Thank you for being with us!

4. "I am glad to join in Luxoft"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good conditions and perspectives, great team and management

Cons

There are no critical cons for me.

"Everything depends on a project, some projects could be very interesting (but not many)"

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting clients, working internal mobility system, good insurance

Cons

Low salary, no bonuses, bad office organisation.

April 23, 2020Marketing assistant

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that we didn't live up your expectations at some point. But we will continue to improve and grow. Thank you for being the part of Luxoft Family.

6. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Luxoft full-time

Pros

Good benefits package, decent medical insurance

Cons

Not too much of growth opportunities

7. "Good but not best!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good insurance Sponsoring immigration process Fair enough

Cons

Salary could be better No bonuses Short vacation

January 31, 2020Marketing assistant

Thank you for writing a feedback about Luxoft. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us improve as a company. Thank you for being a part of the Luxoft family!

"My survival experience in Capital Group or better find something else:)"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) The "CONS" part is my personal experience which is quite negative. But not all projects are the same, e.g. I've heard about projects where client representitive respect contractors more. 2) If you are overtiming a lot you could ask to be paid for it. However client might sceptically consider that you need to overtime to do such a 'simple' work. 3) Nice location, good weather and ocean. That's why basically people want to stay here. 4) If you don't like project you could ask to change it. But again there are some risks to it: a) You don't know how new project will fit for you. So it's kinda your last step to do. b) CG managers communicate with each other, so be prepared for reputation impact or in worst case unwilling of other project manager to get you. c) The choice of opportunities is quite limitted and you might became in Internal Mobility eventually where you will not get paid. But life cost is very expensive here. 5) Once you passed survival path a lot of doors are opened. Unfortunately for employees and Luxoft there are 99% you will want to leave the company, and yes you lost all these years for opportunity to stay in US if you liked it. Good for you there such giants like FAANG companies and a lot of other opportunies that will make you happy and get paid x2-3 times more on the beggining. 6) Recently DXC purchased the Luxoft so there is a chance that situations might get better (or worse:) ). At least Green Card process was recently a bit changed, that could improve timeline (currently it's about 3 years)

Cons

1) Health Insurance. Coverage is good but price is getting higher and higher every year and insurance process getting more and more complicated for employees. Every year company trying to reduce own costs on it. For employee this effectively means that every year your salary will get lower on a price of insurance. And also this will cause your 'own' willing to reduce health coverage for you and family to save money with all hard consequences it could cause. 2) Decreasing real income. In addition to issurance there is no salary indexation process, while cost of leaving is increasing every year on about 3-5%. You could try to negotiate salary increase, but it's all case by case and not guaranteed. 3) Disorganization & slavery. Basically business of Luxoft in CG is growing because of employee's pashion to survive and stay in US.. Be prepared to work in following environment: * Very poorly managed projects. E.g. no knowledge base, people trying to not share information with each other for own job security, a lot of polical games and if you lose you kicked. * Huge segragation between you (contractor) and client developers. CG cares about own employees they have parties, courses, varous programs and so on, but you are temporary and not unique resource for them. They don't allocate budgets for teambuilding with contractors, so sometime management will schedule some teambuildings all togetehr to make you not feel alone, but for your own costs. It cases differentiation in attitude during work time, CG employees dont really care about your opinion cause they don't feel you are "real" part of the team. You will work a lot, but CG manager will appreciate only own employees and give them bonuses even if they did almost nothing. If you feel bad and ask to cotinue day from home, CG manager could tell you "NO" and ask to get a sick leave, while they could do it regularly and even have 1 working day from home and contractors no. And in case of any troubles CG could easily ask to replace you and Luxoft management with pleasure help to do it, cause relationships with client are more important. * Outdated technologies (yes it's California :) ) . CG people just waiting here for their retirement, where they have very good benefits though. They are not interested in learning something new and they don't need to change things. Important point here that they understand that it's required, but they just don't want until somebody from CG push them update library due to security issues and so on. To summarize: after years here from a confident mainstream developer where i was able easily fit to market in almost every software direction. I became so outdated, that i'm even scared to go to market now. * Life is beautiful around, but be prepared to have overtimes and high level of stress. So you don't have time and energy for self development and enjoy your life. 4) You are on the hook until you are permanent resident. Luxoft & CG management both understand that you have no freedom with L1 visa. So in addition to above you can't change things significantly (cause you have no rights:) ). Luxoft will delay your Green Card, could ignore your emails when it's easier to do so. Luxoft may ask you to do something that is not related to your offer/job "just to help", but since you cherish your relationships with a mangement you will do it. CG is basically use the same benefits of your L1 status. 5) Overhead of working in 'two' companies. You read two emails, should react on communication overhead of two companies, a lot of managers. Luxoft says that it's all kinda part of your work, while client's expectation that you are working at least 8hours on him. So 'somehow' find time to satisfy both. 6) Forgotten by Luxoft as well. Trainings are usually in non US hours, our tryings to request at least a recording and share it afterwards were not successful. So if you even ready to invest own time in Luxoft trainings, you are basically very limitted. Approximately once per half of year Luxoft conduct teambuildings, but they are very boring and again i saw like Luxoft management engage employee to organize it. Teambuildings are usually just a drinks party, forget about something more creative.

Continue reading

"It was a great company before DXC acquisition"

1.0
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mostly gone now, but interesting technology

Cons

I have to say I work for Luxoft a DXC company - I am ashamed and concerned that DXC has such a poor industry reputation No hope for advancement

November 14, 2019Marketing assistant

Thank you for your feedback. We genuinely appreciate hearing what our employees think about our company. We are sorry that you are unhappy about the recent acquisition, but we do think that our partnership with DXC will bring new capabilities to Luxoft. Nevertheless, we value your opinion and would like to hear more details about your concerns. If you want to open a line of dialogue with us, please don%E2%80%99t hesitate to email CorporateCommunications@luxoft.com.

"Good company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Testers in New York, NY

I have been working at Luxoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment and management. Great to learn new technologies.

Cons

Appraisal cycle is too long for some reason

November 15, 2019Marketing assistant

Thank you for providing your experience about working at Luxoft. We value each feedback that we receive and make sure that your comments will be taken into consideration to provide better experience for our employees. Thank you for being with us!

Found 1226 reviews