MGIC Investment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at MGIC Investment

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment.

Interview

Two interviewer came to campus and schedule a time two weeks ahead. They asked private questions like "why you choose your major" and other easy behavior questions. However, after three weeks, they still have no feedback to all the interviewees. Basically, I don't think they are truly hiring.

Quant Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a senior risk analyst and a quant risk analyst for half hours. Basic questions about risk, finance and behavior. I did not hear from them after 1 week, so I wrote an email to ask for update on recruitment process. I was told they still need "a few weeks to make decision". If you want to reject me, can you just tell me instead of "we need a few more weeks"? I think they are not professional at all. Actually, all of the candidates are from our major but none of us get feedback or update for next round. I was told that they might want to cancel the position. emmm... definitely won't consider their company any more

Interview Questions

• what is var, what is credit risk, difference between LMM and HW   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with four different executives. We walked through the company, expectations upon hiring, and several quantitative question on how to model different scenarios. There was a lengthy delay due to executives being out of the office. Initially, I was told that the interview would last only 45 minutes. It ended up being a 4 hours long. I would definitely suggest using a personal day to interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you model a curve that was non-linear?   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

I worked through Aeroteck to get an interview and was hired 6 months later.

Interview Questions

• If I would be agreeable to 10 hrs of OT per week.   1 Answer