MGIC Investment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MGIC Investment Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.7

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment.

Interview

Two interviewer came to campus and schedule a time two weeks ahead. They asked private questions like "why you choose your major" and other easy behavior questions. However, after three weeks, they still have no feedback to all the interviewees. Basically, I don't think they are truly hiring.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with three members of the IT team from MGIC, at my school. All of them were very friendly and engaging. I was asked to give them a presentation of some of my work, and then proceeded to go through the rest of the interview in pretty traditional style. Answered some questions, asked some questions, learned about the company. That was it. Though all of the interviewers were very down to earth and approachable, it was clear that they were also masters in their respective disciplines, and had a fierce drive for growth and continual improvement. They also valued the company culture and spoke very highly of the management, with whom they held considerable trust and mutual respect. The group was extremely inviting and personable, yet also very competent and professional. Even though another candidate was selected for the position, it was easily one of the most enjoyable interviews I've ever taken part in. I do hope to cross paths with all of them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my familiarity with certain data management software that they use, such as Informatica.   1 Answer

Quant Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by a senior risk analyst and a quant risk analyst for half hours. Basic questions about risk, finance and behavior. I did not hear from them after 1 week, so I wrote an email to ask for update on recruitment process. I was told they still need "a few weeks to make decision". If you want to reject me, can you just tell me instead of "we need a few more weeks"? I think they are not professional at all. Actually, all of the candidates are from our major but none of us get feedback or update for next round. I was told that they might want to cancel the position. emmm... definitely won't consider their company any more

Interview Questions

• what is var, what is credit risk, difference between LMM and HW   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MGIC Investment in February 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by on site interview. The process is kind of long. It took me more than 1 month to get to the 2nd round. The second round is kind long as I met 5 people from different teams. One of the manager is really nice. We had really great talk about modeling. One of the new manager even asked about greeks.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Greenville, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a very slow one. It took 3-4 days to get a response to most phone calls or emails I sent. The time between my first callback for an interview and receiving a job offer was a little over two months. There were a total of three phone interviews with the two Underwriting Managers, one on one separately with each Manager and the third being a conference call that included both Managers and myself. It was more than a week after the third interview before receiving a call to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends and holidays if needed?   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with four different executives. We walked through the company, expectations upon hiring, and several quantitative question on how to model different scenarios. There was a lengthy delay due to executives being out of the office. Initially, I was told that the interview would last only 45 minutes. It ended up being a 4 hours long. I would definitely suggest using a personal day to interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you model a curve that was non-linear?   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MGIC Investment (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

I worked through Aeroteck to get an interview and was hired 6 months later.

Interview Questions

• If I would be agreeable to 10 hrs of OT per week.   1 Answer