MICROS Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MICROS Systems Interview Questions

2.6

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. I was advised about the possible opening by contacting a manger at the company. We coordinated and I interviewed with the individual at one of the project site.

Principal Technical Writer - Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview with HR went great. Second interview, the hiring manager called me out of the blue wondering why I didn't answer my phone on the first ring. There was no interview set up ahead of time and my phone was almost dead, so that made things interesting. I thought the interview went well. I offered several times to fly down and interview in person so the company wouldn't have to pay the expense, then they finally told me I was out of the running. They lead me on for at least a couple months. This was the most unprofessional interview process I have seen for a large company (Oracle recently acquired them).

If the company is anything like the interview process, then I'm glad they didn't offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with content management systems?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Cleared all interviews but was kept on hold to receive offer letter for more than 6 months because of the merger with Oracle. I was told approvals are required from Oracle but looks like they simply rejected the Micros recruitment process which took about another 2 months.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview

I contacted the Manager of the IT department. then he contacted me setting a day for the interview, the interview basically was about what is in my resume, my previous work and what did i do and accomplished in each one of the companies i worked in it.
    it involved some Java questions as well, design patterns

Interview Questions

• nothing really as most of the interview was about my previous jobs and mostly what is in my resume   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Solon, OH).

Interview

Contacted by HR, three rounds of interviews, first round, Java concept questions, was asked a lot(really a lot of questions). second round, coding assignments, third round, behavior questions through Skype.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was contacted by the Operations Manager by phone. He asked about the number and kind of projects I've done in my previous job. Basically, went on asking about how I executed a project. A few technical questions about PMS was involved.

Interview Questions

• How do you fix a mismatch between the trial balance and actual sales receipts?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Cleveland, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through online job portal. They contacted me through email after about 2 weeks. Had a technical phone interview. After a week, I was asked to do a code test. On completing the code test, interview over skype was scheduled after a week's time. Around 2 weeks later I got a mail from them stating that I have cleared all the tests they had and that they would contact me in a couple of days with further info. They called me with an offer and a joining date. There were no negotiations done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. As far as you know the core concepts of what you do, you are good to go   Answer Question

Software Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Cleveland, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and got email for phone screen interview. Phone screen interview was normal. Questions were asked based on resume and it went for 15-20 mins. Then I received email for face to face. There were 3 technical interviews with different managers and QA leads and one written test. Questions were technical as well as general. They wants to know about them and also expect more questions from us. Written test was based on testing interviews and asked to write test cased for something like 'Mobile' dropdown shown in some application forms. Next day I got email for clearing interview and 7 days later got the offer letter. Whole process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions as long as you are prepared for general technical and HR interview questions.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems in June 2014.

Interview

First there is Screening interview on phone and then a Technical Test. Finally you are called for Face to Face interview. This process takes two to three weeks. The screening interview lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied and submitted my resume in person on a Friday. It was a holiday weekend, and I got a phone call from the owner Tuesday. Went in that afternoon. Returned the following Wednesday for a skills meeting and was offered a position that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was up front about what salary I desired initially. At the end of the second meeting, they came in lower however there are bonuses and potential for more $$ based on my personal performance and results.