MIT Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Research Associate Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very thorough .Several round of open discussion.One needs to be thoroughly prepared for the subject. You need to be well read, informed and must have ability to articulate your own singular viewpoint . The process is very open discussion format.Since you are going to work on projects which have no reference in the world,it is appropriate that you need to be ready to become reference.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the future of X field ? What is your vision? Why do you think like that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I initially planned to take a course at MIT, but upon persistence, continued communication and great performance, I was able to get paid for conducting research immediately. I was not technically "interviewed"; it was rather a 6 month long process of staying in touch with and collaborating with (and doing free work for) my desired lab.

Interview Questions

• My ten year plan. I had never had one, and so I had to devise one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My salary was reduced from my asking price; albeit my asking price was high.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Via Mail. Inquired if any positions available, specified skills. Talked on telephone with potential employer and got an offer in the mail a couple of weeks later. Very easy

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MIT in July 2010.

Interview

Very specific to department and lab. Mine involved talking to all principal investigators regardless of if I would work on projects with them. Slow hiring process - IT has to interview a certain number of people even if they want you.

Interview Questions

• If you mention skills in CV be prepared to talk about them!   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT in February 2008.

Interview

there's not much to say about this. You just submit your materials to online system. they'll decide if you fit. Then professors call you. If match, you're all set.