MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Smooth, efficient, and quick. Felt collaborative instead of interrogative. Questions were relevant to the position being applied to. Interviewer was warm and enthusiastic for the interview. Questions focused a lot on how to contribute to the community / role.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Excellent process. Very professional.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Great full day interview! Very nice to meet so many people and have lunch with students. The process for selecting a candidate was slow but very well thought out.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges that are unique to MIT students?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Resume submitted by one of the recruiting firms. Got shortlisted and scheduled for a written exam. After that followed by technical interview on various java, j2ee related technologies for about 2 hours. Got selected in the technical round and scheduled for a brief conversation about the current position and expectations with the HR manager.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I found the position on Craigslist and interviewed a few weeks after it was posted. I sat down with the post-docs looking to hire a technician. They told me about their research and asked me some basic questions about my past work.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online on MIT webiste. First talked to a general HR recruiter. Then set up a skype interview with the professor. The interview was a bit bumpy, but I guess this person must have liked me very much because I ended up his first choice. Just asked standard questions about research experience and career goals, management style, etc.
    Then I got another pushy phone call from the HR person asking me to decide within a day whether to accept or not. I did not like dealing with the HR department but I absolutely love my professor very much.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge/problem you had to solve in your past position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation whatsoever. Basically they called me in 1 day and made me decide. They had a list to go through so they didn't care. That was quite harsh in my opinion.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

She was friendly but they didn't specify what was needed for the position so I was rejected. But they were both very nice and very fast with the process. Overall an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't understand why you stayed in one lab for so long.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT in December 2013.

Interview

Like non-profits companies it does take a while to go through the process. You need to be patient throughout the entire process. Even when they offer the job you need to have the background check to make it official. That process is a very long two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They verbally offered job but not official until background check which takes 2 weeks.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Too long; didn't interview with actual decision makers. The interview lasted over 3 hours. Inefficient process. Also, before 3 hour interview, they have you do an hour long phone interview.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

A red flag should have been that the folks were very boring during the interview. Monotone voiced, uninteresting, could not make small talk. No one tried to engage me or get to know me.