MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

The process was challenging. Make sure you know what the research group does and can demonstrate that your prior knowledge will be useful to the group. Be courteous to the Professors and always follow up with an email after your interview to reiterate your interest.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in May 2020.

Interview

Virtual interview for 30 min, including a short presentation, PI was very friendly. Got an email offer after I followed up in the third week.
    I found the position by direct emailing to PI.

Interview Questions

• Detailed info about my past projects.
      Research interests.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Phone call and then on site interview. 1 hour presentation about your previous research and multiple 30 min one on one meetings. The process takes weeks. Then go through HR.

MFIN Interview

Interview

30min Skype interview + 15min quant test.
    all behavior questions. focus a lot on your resume. So be prepared.
    quant test is pretty easy. knowledge of basic linear algebra and probability is enough

Interview Questions

Interview

Meeting with a professor, postdoc or professors are rather informal. Sometimes there are UROP postings online that give details about what the lab is looking for, but there is definitely merit to approaching professors personally or via email.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, the interview was conducted in person at a neutral location of my choice.
    The interviewer was responsive to emails and could answer any questions or doubts I had-
    Would recommend!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Kind interviewer, we had a nice technical discussion. Then advanced questions on algorithms and data structures using a programming language like design a balanced tree, questions on complexity and programming exercises

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Very easy, meeting with the professor and discussing a bit about the course description and prior experience. It helps if you know the professor beforehand. Values going to prior office hours or engaging in the class.

Interview Questions

• Asked about main topics from the course, grade obtained in course, prior experience, etc.   Answer Question

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

Virtual hour-long interview with 2 people, then a day-long interview with staff and students. Everyone was very kind and easy to talk to. Took 4 weeks to hear back that they had selected someone else.

Interview Questions

Interview

Submit CV to all potential PI, Some may reply and ask more detail about your bg. If they find a good match, they will either make a skype call or invite you to meet on site (in their office). The meetings are quite different depending on profs. Most people will ask some general questions in their field and ask what your interests are.