MIT Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 253 of over 253 interviews

In Person9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA)

Interview

Fair and thorough interview process. It was just really long and drawn out, it could be shortened to make it faster so there is less time waiting for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Answer Question

MIT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. A phone conversation, interview with hiring manager, interview with team, interview with department chair. Took over 2 months between applying and hearing back. After the two month period I was told they would go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MIT

Application

I interviewed at MIT

Interview

easy interview, friendly professor and teammates to talk with easy interview, friendly professor and teammates to talk with easy interview, friendly professor and teammates to talk with easy interview, friendly professor and teammates to talk with

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Richardson, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

Pretty smooth. First, they gave me details about the position and the responsibilities involved, followed by questions. Several lab members took my interview. They were very sweet and I enjoyed talking to them all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in Apr 2021

Interview

From applying to getting a rejection letter, the whole process took over 3 months. I knew it would be intense and long, even for a position that's not very high up in the grand scheme of the school. I had two interviews, one with a recruiter and then a full, 3.5 hour interview with the hiring team. It was a fabulous interview and intimidating in length, but a friend who'd recently gotten an entry level job there said she'd had 4+ interviews including some where she'd had to give a presentation. I got on really well with the team and felt like it was one of the best interviews I'd ever had. The HR partner was upfront about timeline and what to expect. Even though rejections happen, I was hugely disappointed when I finally received word back a week late. After all of that they just sent a short, stock letter type email instead of even giving me a call, with no explanation even though I had 4+ years of experience in the same industry and a very similar role. They just said there was someone better. Standard for interviews, but very disappointed in how poorly they communicated in the end, especially since I made two polite follow ups to ask for feedback and what made the difference with going with someone else! They're pretty rude and just ignored me once they'd decided I wasn't the one.

Interview Questions
  • When you receive a project, what do you start working on first?

MIT

Application

I interviewed at MIT

Interview

It was a phone interview. Followed by three in person interviews. The first was with the staff team and peers, once I passed that, I interviewed with the program director, and after that I interviewed with the assistant dean.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA)

Interview

Process was straight forward! 3 rounds of interview then received an offer. Competency interview (with a business case), behavioral interview, and last round was a pannel interview, speaking with the entire team, and getting to know them

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself why MIT? Other questions based on business case

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Head of the department reached out to me over the weekend to schedule an interview for Monday. Got the invite less than 24 hours in advance which is not terrible, but still a red flag. I had an hour long zoom interview. The interview itself was easy, discussed my professional background and the opportunity. Nothing difficult. I was supposed to hear back at the end of that same week, however that didn't happen. So I assumed that I was not selected for this role.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about yourself - Why do you want to work here - This is a 6 month position. Are you okay with that? - General questions

MIT

Application

I interviewed at MIT

Interview

I had a great experience with the team and they were very communicative throughout the entire interview process. The interview was divided into three separate rounds. Most of the questions were things I expected to be asked based on the role and the full job description.

Interview Questions
  • Can you please tell us about yourself and your experiences related to this position?

MIT

Application

I interviewed at MIT

Interview

Initial pre-screen call followed by four rounds of zoom interviews with increasingly senior staff. All very friendly and welcoming. Made it to next to last round of interviewing. Received great understanding of position and office structure.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 253 Interviews