Cover image for MSC Industrial Direct

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 111 of over 111 interviews

Recruiter31%
Employee Referral10%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Newark, NJ)

Interview

Spoke to recruiter over the phone. Then interviewed with sales manager over the phone. met with sales manager. then met in person with sales managers boss for final step of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions. Work normal hours? Have a car?
    Answer Question

MSC Industrial Direct

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct

Interview

Very personable and friendly, which made the interview process feel comfortable. Informative and showed they actually were interested in you as a person and not asking generic questions meant to try and stump you.

Interview Questions
  • What made you want to apply for this job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chihuahua, Chihuahua

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Chihuahua, Chihuahua) in Aug 2022

Interview

Una llamada, una entrevista tecnica frente gerente, presencial, consistiendo mayoritariamente en preguntas relacionadas con Django. Sin embargo, cierta experiencia en el area comercial necesaria para entender proceso de trabajo requerido

Interview Questions
  • experiencia con proveedores experiencia general preguntas en llamada

MSC Industrial Direct

Application

I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct

Interview

Was asked to make an appointment to interview. Sent my availability to make the appointment. They came back and told me that the job was no longer being filled. Prepared for the interview for no reason.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Columbus, OH) in Feb 2022

Interview

Initial call screen by an off-location recruiter, followed by on-site panel interview with 2 members of HR, followed by 3 Operations leaders. The process is designed to prevent all parties from attending multiple interview sessions, so it felt very rushed. The questions asked during the process were typical behavioral and situational based without regard to actual operational experience.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about a time where you were able to successfully improve a process at your previous employer?
  • Can you describe to me the difference between Managing and Leading?
  • Describe a time in the past where you were most proud of an accomplishment at the work place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe to me the difference between Managing and Leading?

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Harrisburg, PA) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview was a fairly straightforward process. The most important thing was they were prompt in responding quickly and the whole process didn't take more than two weeks. I had three rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
  • The entire interview was based on my experience from the work I did and the current work I do.

MSC Industrial Direct

Application

I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct

Interview

Long and drawn out, I had multiple Interviews via phone on two Separate occasions and in person on two separate office visits with multiple people. All of this was drawn out over a 4 week period. With another two week period to receive an offer

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult customer situation. And how you handled it

MSC Industrial Direct

Application

I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct

Interview

Great Interview Process. It was conducted over the phone. Questions included about past experiences and college involvement. I was asked about the classes I am taking and work experiences over the years.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

MSC Industrial Direct

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct

Interview

Interviewed with two managers after a screening call. Didn’t get a clear picture of what the job would entail even after asking multiple times. I was told I’d hear back the following week but was ghosted

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult co worker. Lots of STAR questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Interviews

MSC Industrial Direct Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at MSC Industrial Direct as 41.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Outside Sales Representative and Director rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Order Picker and Account Executive roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at MSC Industrial Direct takes an average of 44 days when considering 111 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Order Picker had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Director roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 110 days).

Common stages of the interview process at MSC Industrial Direct according to 111 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.55%