MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernley, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Fernley, NV).

Interview

After the call back it took roughly two months for the interview to take place. HR was present with reasonable questions and inquries. During the interview I was required to take a math test that's subject was number patterns. Also, I was asked to demonstrate proper lifting techniques.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Davidson Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Davidson, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process took 4+ weeks that started with a phone interview with HR and had two additional in person interviews. The questions were typical and easy to answer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screening interview with HR. We discussed the details of my resume and discussed what I was seeking in a new opportunity. The interviewer was very easy to communicate with. I think I was not offered the opportunity for the next interview due to my availability timeline.

Interview Questions

• Can you effectively work as a project manager where you do not have direct authority over the people on your team?   Answer Question

Operational Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Davidson, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I was interviewed by an HR Rep that lasted 30 minutes. Second interview was with the Hiring Mgr. Third interview was with supervisors and managers who supported the position. Next, I was asked to take an assessment followed by a follow up interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name your strengths & weaknesses.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (New York, NY).

Interview

Took a long time. Interviewed with 2 people in HR and also about 4 others in addition to hiring manager. Then there was an outside screener and had to take a "personality" and skills assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively benign and nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

I went through 4 phone interviews, one in person and one video interview. Then there was a skill test and a psyc. Interview. Way over the top for the position. Looks of general interview questions, not very personable.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Can last 1 to 2 months. Usually 2 phone interviews, 1 sit down interview, and a ride along. The length of the process and amount of interviews can vary slightly. One interview is with HR over the phone. The next is going to be with a manager over the phone, then in person. The ride along counts as an interview also, so dont be fooled. But if you get to that point you pretty much landed the unless you screw up astronomically. The 2 interviews you need to be thoroughly prepared for is with the manager. HR is just going is there to make sure you are not completely incompetent. The ride along you are going to go around to several factories with another customer service rep in that area, he will fill out a review on you after the end of the day. This is all prior to being hired, but they do compensate you since this takes the entire day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

I was interviewed on the Phone with the recruiter. That was followed up by an interview in Person with HR/Recruiter. After that they scheduled a final day. I spent a half day one on one with 6 persons from the management team, spent another half day doing the job (spend a day)

Interview Questions

• where do you see areas for opportunity in our organization?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Excellent Interview process, although lengthy! Started with an initial phone screen with a Recruiter, then the Hiring Manager, then the Director. The next phase was an on-site visit where I had the opportunity to talk to all of the Business Unit Leaders with whom I would be working, and spent the day being able to ask many questions. I was asked after that to go through "testing" (the typical personality/IQ/behavioral/leadership testing, etc). The next step was a visit to the Corporate Office in Melville, NY and ran through a series of interviews with the Leadership team. Next phase: background check and drug screen. Then an offer was presented.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop relationships with your Functional Business Leaders as a new Business Partner within the organization.   Answer Question

HR Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davidson, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Davidson, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was called by the company to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with my prospective manager over the phone, then was called to come in for a face-to-face interview. I came in and learned I would be interviewed twice, once by my prospective manager, and separately by a manager of a different department within HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't accomplish a goal in a leadership position. What did you do in response to that?   Answer Question