MSC Industrial Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MSC Industrial Direct

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Melville, NY).

Interview

We typically have the OSA (Outside Sales Associate) meet with Recruiting, then Recruiting and the hiring manager. Depending about the accounts and territory, perhaps a third round with interested parties.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer how you will generate new business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I've been with MSC for a number of years.
    I'm a hiring manager and I do not negotiate all that much.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Through my interview process, I started to get the feeling that I knew more about sales than the DSM I interviewed with. Very uncomfortable process and it really made me skeptical about the next step in the interest process.

Better Offer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Garden Grove, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, standard interview questions with management at different levels interviewing you. You interview with HR, manager, district manager and then you get an offer or not. Depending on the level of the position you might have different process however over all I think HR was the hardest to interview with, they are really good at finding your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Night Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

First was called by a recruiter for a phone interview that took 30 mins. The recruiter called me 45 mins later than when she was suppose too. After the phone interview I was invited for a face to face. I sat waiting for 30 minutes waiting to go back to start interview. I was interviewed by two people who it seem like they were new to interviewing they read 50 questions off a paper. Basically the same questions reworded. The Interview took 2 hours then they had me do a walk through the warehouse even though they knew they were not having me back for a second interview.

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernley, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Fernley, NV).

Interview

After the call back it took roughly two months for the interview to take place. HR was present with reasonable questions and inquries. During the interview I was required to take a math test that's subject was number patterns. Also, I was asked to demonstrate proper lifting techniques.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Melville, NY).

Interview

Horrible Experience... Very Unprofessional.. After applying it took almost a month for a call back. To have you take two phone Interviews around 30 - 45 minutes each.. When you finally arrive to a face to face interview it’s four rounds of interviews for almost 3 hours.. When the individuals interviewing your turn out to be 30 mins late for the meeting.

To then wait two weeks and told that another person was selected. So in total two and a half months running loops for them when you could be looking for more valuable positions and more professional interactions.

Interview Questions

• What level of experience do you have in IS? From 1 to 5   1 Answer

IT Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Melville, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Efficient. Was called very shortly after submitting resume and appt set up quickly. Two interviews. Pleasant management experience. Did not interview with Dagro.Would never have taken position if I had even one minute in the same room with him.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about MSC   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Several phone interviews with various managers in the department. Interviews lasted approximately 30 minutes to an hour. Some repetitive questions asked by different managers. Straight forward questions about my experience along with some questions regarding team building, etc.

Bsm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Melville, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It took about 16 interviews to land the job. They will run you through a recruiter, then screening by their HR department. From there you will meet with the Market Manager. If things go well, you will then fly to New York for more interviews.

Interview Questions

• The psychology test via Doctor Goldberg. You will be required to spend an hour with him on the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rigid. The HR Department gives you a take it or leave type offer. Read the non-compete carefully as it is non-negotiable and is very restrictive. If I were to do it again. I would not sign this document.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (New York, NY).

Interview

Took a long time. Interviewed with 2 people in HR and also about 4 others in addition to hiring manager. Then there was an outside screener and had to take a "personality" and skills assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Questions were relatively benign and nothing challenging.   Answer Question