MTD Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MTD Products

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTD Products (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then 4 hour personal interview. Very personable staff and HR representative but no final determination, just leave a person hanging despite 2 follow up emails and indication that the interview went well. Company is family owned and the campus is large and online reviews by employees were overall positive. Not sure where I lacked in presentation or qualifications but that shouldn't deter someone from applying - still hearing good things about the company overall.

Interview Questions

• Interview also included a lunch with the team which is rather awkward in trying to eat and answer questions fully let alone ask questions while others are eating.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process included an initial screening at a career fair, then the in-person portion of the interview consisted of a half-hour interview with HR, a one-hour technical interview with 2 developers, a one-hour portion with the entire team (where I was asked to brainstorm test cases for a simple app), and finally, a half-hour interview with 2 managers.

The behavioral-based questions were standard interview questions (walk us through your resume, strengths/weaknesses, what would a former boss say about you, etc.). The technical questions were smaller algorithm problems in Java that I completed on a whiteboard. They were patient and more interested in seeing how I thought through each problem than whether or not I arrived at the "right" answer.

Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would a former boss/manager say about you?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

There was a brief 20 minute phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The interview was with two people, a consumer analyst and consumer/market analyst director. A person from HR will ask your opinion on the position and interview following it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

first round is HR phone call screening, about 20 mins, they asked about why you choose this company and about computer skills. second round in on-site interview, about 1.5 hours. they are nice.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about our company
      what classes you are having now
      what do you learn from your class   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was streamlined and easy. Overall three sessions. The first interview is a telephone call with HR and then two on-site interviews with managers. The last two will be group interviews with many different people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

Started with a phone screening with HR and immediately went an on-site interview with a group panel of managers at once. A few days after it was completed I got an offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with an HR representative to discuss the basics including an overview of my experience, desired salary, interview process, expectations, and next steps. I then had two panel interviews in person, about 45-60 minutes each, back-to-back. One was with my chain of command and the other with other managers I will support as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, industry knowledge, expectations, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary and no off-the-wall questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward, nothing too mind boggling. Looks like HR is really putting in some extremely professional employees now as opposed when I was hired. My exit interview gave me the indication that they are taking the first step a lot more serious then they did a few years ago. That was encouraging to witness.

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

Very unorganized. Did two separate phone interviews with two separate HR managers as the first was leaving. The position I initially applied for was offered to someone the day of my initial phone interview. Odd but why not at least tell me then? My time is valuable too. The second HR Mgr. then has me come in to interview for a management position in which anyone can on paper say I'm not qualified for. While constantly having to do all follow up during the entire process and well past their stated follow up date, I finally received confirmation the company feels they need more experience. Of course they do. I feel like they brought me in as a last resort, not a true candidate. It all worked out though as it's better off on both sides. I'm sure part of it was bad timing with their transition.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

There was no interview I got a call from Randstad and the employee said to come in for a interview and, all I did was fill out my paper work and next thing I knew I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Have you done call center work before   1 Answer