MTD Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MTD Products Interview Questions

2.6

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process included an initial screening at a career fair, then the in-person portion of the interview consisted of a half-hour interview with HR, a one-hour technical interview with 2 developers, a one-hour portion with the entire team (where I was asked to brainstorm test cases for a simple app), and finally, a half-hour interview with 2 managers.

The behavioral-based questions were standard interview questions (walk us through your resume, strengths/weaknesses, what would a former boss say about you, etc.). The technical questions were smaller algorithm problems in Java that I completed on a whiteboard. They were patient and more interested in seeing how I thought through each problem than whether or not I arrived at the "right" answer.

Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would a former boss/manager say about you?   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTD Products (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then 4 hour personal interview. Very personable staff and HR representative but no final determination, just leave a person hanging despite 2 follow up emails and indication that the interview went well. Company is family owned and the campus is large and online reviews by employees were overall positive. Not sure where I lacked in presentation or qualifications but that shouldn't deter someone from applying - still hearing good things about the company overall.

Interview Questions

• Interview also included a lunch with the team which is rather awkward in trying to eat and answer questions fully let alone ask questions while others are eating.   1 Answer

Telecom Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Painful. I sat in a room with 5 junior IT guys while they probed me about expert level knowledge I had. The interview was more about these five guys not being found out by someone smarter. The company has implemented a new call center platform, and it hasn't worked in the year it has been installed. The people who made that decision did so against the advice of someone who knew better. The someone who knew better is gone, and there are now IT people sitting around trying to figure out how they keep their jobs, but they can't hire a person who will tell the truth about what they have done.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call center platform that hasn't worked since it was installed a year ago?   2 Answers

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online to company posting. I heard back from HR a few days later to set up a short phone screening. In person Interview May 2015, Onsite interview with HR and Demand Planning director. Asked to do a personality screening online.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview, back ground, what did you do? What do you know.? What software have you used?
      Pros- Easy interview, very friendly.
      Cons- No response, never got any feedback about the position.Posting was simply removed.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was streamlined and easy. Overall three sessions. The first interview is a telephone call with HR and then two on-site interviews with managers. The last two will be group interviews with many different people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you felt overwhelmed and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

There was no interview I got a call from Randstad and the employee said to come in for a interview and, all I did was fill out my paper work and next thing I knew I was employed.

Interview Questions

• Have you done call center work before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

Very unorganized. Did two separate phone interviews with two separate HR managers as the first was leaving. The position I initially applied for was offered to someone the day of my initial phone interview. Odd but why not at least tell me then? My time is valuable too. The second HR Mgr. then has me come in to interview for a management position in which anyone can on paper say I'm not qualified for. While constantly having to do all follow up during the entire process and well past their stated follow up date, I finally received confirmation the company feels they need more experience. Of course they do. I feel like they brought me in as a last resort, not a true candidate. It all worked out though as it's better off on both sides. I'm sure part of it was bad timing with their transition.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MTD Products.

Interview

Interviewed by coworkers, most know who they want, a lot of times they post for college grads but hire with no degree

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Asked basic questions that would normally be asked in an interview. Also toured the plant and got to see the ins and outs of the company. Overall good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the coolest thing you've ever built   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley City, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MTD Products (Valley City, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward, nothing too mind boggling. Looks like HR is really putting in some extremely professional employees now as opposed when I was hired. My exit interview gave me the indication that they are taking the first step a lot more serious then they did a few years ago. That was encouraging to witness.

Negotiation

There was none.