Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Magic Leap

2.9

Sort:

Lead Interview

Interview

Not good. After finally getting the interview scheduled, which was the result of a lot of phone tag, quite a few rounds of interviews with a variety of people. Some were so disinterested in doing the interview that many were obviously coming off of a script... two of the rounds had almost identical questions. Also seemed to be a lot of confusion (one person came in breathlessly, mentioning he didn't know an interview was scheduled and could it be done at a different time. Professionalism was not the strong suit.

Ended up being a more difficult interview than the questions would have led to believe because I had to push away feelings of being insulted by their lack of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a how to I would resolve an issue with "difficult coworkers".   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

1.2 hangout, then fly to HQ. Fly and accommodation well organized, once you reach there you have to sign an NDA (acceptable), and wait for 20 minutes for the first interview person, then the recruiter run around to find another, no show, then lunch, then wait for 20 more minute, you go to VP's room, (full of distraction), later another person, unfortunately he is not aware of the position, never read my resume :). Later last minute hangout with person from Bay area then hard stop for the flight :). Beg for the feedback, if No recruiter should have said No right away, kept on waiting, since I was getting calls from other companies I asked, then got a email saying moving with different direction. Blessed in disguise and whatever happens happens for good.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached directly by a senior leader within the Company. I was not looking for a new role, but was intrigued given Magic Leap's technology. There was a high sense of urgency to have interviews ASAP - which was great. I had a Google Hangout conversation with senior leader, followed by two additional video chats with other members of the leader's team, and an in-person meeting with one additional team member. My first conversation was rescheduled - only after I was on Hangouts waiting for 15 minutes. It happens. There was a lot of confusion in scheduling, as two different people were trying to schedule the same interviews - maybe some role/responsibility confusion? Other video chats were good - nice people, very open/transparent. In person meeting was a last minute idea - took a half day off of work, good experience. Whole process from start to end probably took 10 days. Unfortunately, after my conversations, the Company went radio silent - NO feedback, (even after asking directly for it) no response to my thank you email. Disappointing, given the level of leadership on the interview team.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really given true questions - it was more conversational. Tell me about your experience, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap in July 2017.

Interview

Probably the worst interview process I have encountered in last 10-15 interviews or so. Initially, I was contacted for Software Engineer Cloud position. During the HR call, she said their team is considering me for a senior position given my qualifications. I didn't have any problem with this since I was very interested in the position. After discussing my experience and academic qualifications, usual HR questions, she told me that she would send an NDA doc to sign and test to complete. But after the call when I received the test, to my surprise I received an assessment test in Python analytics which is not at all close to the position requirements. The position is SDE and test was in analytics, obviously I thought, there should have been some mistake. So I got back to HR immediately and didn't receive any response. Waited for two days and sent another follow-up email, again no response. Sent another email, no response again. After some research my side, this is what I have understood, The HR I spoke to, don't have a clue about the software development, she was just looking for the keywords to match, and don't have basic HR qualities to get back to the interviewee. I forgot to mention, she postponed the initial setup interview just before an hour or so! The company is developing groundbreaking technology in virtual reality, thought I would get into it.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After the online assignment I got two video interview and then they invite me to the onsite interview. I think people are nice and not too many hard questions. Most of the questions are about your project and something related. There are several whiteboard coding questions. After meeting 5 people from the team I finished the interview. 2 weeks later get the offer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, at first you are supposed to introduce yourself. And then solve 3 coding problems, and ask some fundamental questions. Finally, you can ask your interviewer some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good and well managed. I had couple of Google hangout with Director and other members of the team followed by an onsite interview which involved speaking with multiple engineers. While most of the questions were about my technical background, cultural fit and coding abilities, one of the interview also had a puzzle question.

Couple of days after the onsite interview, I was told that company would like to make an offer to me and compensation details are being worked out. Their offer process was a big letdown and really frustrating because it took almost 6-7 weeks to get the offer letter. Every time I spoke to recruiter, I was told that the offer is waiting for someone's approval and they would get back to me. I also noticed a bit of a unprofessionalism from the recruiter during the offer process when she strongly pushed me to disclose my current compensation details at my current employer and details about competing offers that I had from other companies. Finally, when the offer letter was presented to me the compensation was way below my other competing offers (contrary to what it was promised in the initial chat) and also had some ambiguous conditions about bonus plans. All in all, a very frustrating experience and I really hope they fix their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous projects, puzzle, operating system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Dania Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their careers page and a few days later received an email from one of their recruiters, we set up the initial phone call to talk about my background and experience and go over the role details. After that I was scheduled the first technical interview, it was a Google Hangouts video call with an engineering manager, about 40 minutes long. That went well and next step was a small project to develop in a week, I did it in 3 days. After a week they reviewed the project and my code, they liked both and sent me an invitation to come in for a half day of onsite technical interviews. I had 4 (1 hour each) interviews with a few senior engineers and managers. I enjoyed every single interview and the technical questions were challenging but not over complicated. After that I received an email from the recruiter saying I passed that round of interviews and they were going to bring me in again for another round of interviews, this time, not technical in nature, most of them. I met with the rest of the team and other managers. I received an oral offer that same day from my recruiter and a few days later I received the full written offer.

Interview Questions

• Had to sign an NDA before starting the interview process, so I can't discuss any details   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Currently in the interview process. There are a couple Google Hangouts with tech and resume related questions and then an onsite interview with several members of the team, each about a hour long where you have a conversation and do several technical questions. After that, get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 2 of Google Hangouts and then I was called over at Mountain View. They interviewed and didnt get back for a while. Upon asking the recruiter said the team liked you but then was in final touches for offer but never got back. The engineers were good though. In general, the process is very choppy and unprofessional. I would recommend not wasting time with them until they are really serious about you.