Mandiant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mandiant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandiant.

Interview

The wanted to evaluate my "soft" skills to see if I could be client facing, They asked about my knowledge of cyber security but didn't go in depth or ask any technical questions. The main focus of a consulting manager is to help sales and manage consulting teams so perhaps that is why they didn't focus on any actual cyber security knowledge. They did want to make sure that I could communicate clearly and sound competent.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cyber security standards and regulations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mandiant (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a phenomenal time interviewing. It was challenging for sure. My interviewers were EXTREMELY knowledgable, and also highly sociable. It seemed like everyone there was tremendously talented. A few phone screens/technical assessments and then onsite.

Interview Questions

• Security questions of all types/fields. Know your stuff!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandiant in March 2014.

Interview

Was ok but the ED was really full of himself and acted unimpressed -- but then made an offer. I think the company thinks of itself very highly more so than it should. There was a little bit of attitude that no one is good enough for us.

Interview Questions

• Describe technically what you do during an incident response.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandiant.

Interview

Initial interview: Interviewer went over resume/experience
    2nd interview: Technical interview -- the interviewer asked elementary networking questions, such as describing the process to get a webpage and ARP, and some forensics.
    The interviewer would stop my while I was answering the question and keep clarifying my answer...even though it was right. This lowered my confidence and made me think I was wrong...but like I said, my explanation was right.

Also, it seemed as though the interviewer wanted me to answer the questions verbatim from whatever answer sheet he was reading. When I asked the interviewer questions, you could clearly hear the difference in his confidence because he was was deviating from his answer sheet...

Interview Questions

• Describe all the NTFS timestamps   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandiant in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by a request for completion of coding exercises. Received an anonymous noreply email a couple days after submission without much explanation for what seemed amiss in my submission. My submission passed all tests provided and achieved desired functionality. I wish companies would be more specific about what they did not like so that you can improve or not make the same mistake the next time around. Candidates give up a couple days time to complete the exercises, and the reviewers cannot even spare one sentence as feedback.

Lead Incident Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mandiant (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very drawn out process for two interviews. First consisted of a phone interview with basic questions: ports/numbers; general hacking how to's, DNS records, user agent strings, etc. Lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were back to back. Second phone interview was with manager. Rather dry questioning with more subjective Q/A such as how would you identify traffic anomalies, etc. Waited several weeks for a canned email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandiant (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Before the interview, I was asked to provide SAT scores.

The interview was primarily technical. I was asked to explain various concepts about programming, networking, general forensics, Windows registry, and file systems, among others. They didn't expect much depth in the explanations, so I think this was to determine the breadth of the candidate's knowledge.

Network Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mandiant (Arlington, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Round robin process with differing levels of leadership, this included a group interview with the team that I was going to be leading. The questions varied from standard "why are you applying" to more technical based questions. All questions were appropriate for the interview.

Better offer elsewhere.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandiant (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that asked some general experience about technologies I had used and projects I had worked on, lasted about 30 mins. Then had a follow up to complete some programming tasks in python and return within 5 days. I returned coding exercise and got a general response saying they would not be taking my application any further. I felt the coding exercise was not very well explained and was very hard to work out exactly what they required.