MasteryConnect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MasteryConnect Interview Questions

Interviews at MasteryConnect

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

A bunch of different interviews in sequence. First a meeting with a couple team leads. Mainly consisted of some softball tech questions, questions about personal projects, and general background stuff. Then met with a Director of Engineering for some more technical questions (no whiteboard) and more background info. Received a takehome test consisting of some html, css, javascript, and ruby questions. After getting the ok back, met with the CTO and finally had a phone interview with the CEO. As I was applying for a junior position, the process seemed to be more geared towards establishing whether or not I would be a good culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Name off some personal projects you've completed and list some technologies you're familiar with.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

code test with whatever language you want, two interviews with whiteboard tests. Various questions that were overall coding law questions. Many questions on my background and various other jobs i used to have. Overall experience was slightly optomistic. They had me waiting around for the interviewer and he seemed distracted the whole time. Wasnt really into it and it showed after a month of working there how much help he gave to his employees.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect in February 2015.

Interview

The process was very structured. I first met with the person I'd be reporting to. The second interview was actually a series of interviews with CFO, CEO, and subordinates who would be reporting to me. I felt like it would be hard for people without my level of experience to actually know whether or not I was qualified for the position I was applying for. Overall, a fair experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my management style?   1 Answer

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

To be frank: this company is a complete disaster.

I began my interview process in January 2016 for the Account Development Representative role. After a few phone calls, they flew me out for a strangely brief conversation with sales team leadership. I figured I had a pretty good chance of getting the job after the company used so many resources to fly me out to my interview. Instead, I received a cold, impersonal rejection email a few weeks later. Turns out the company had massive layoffs, but weren't allowed to disclose that information.

Fast forward two months later, I fail to take the red flag of my initial experience, and I interview for another position at the company. After numerous phone calls and ANOTHER in-person interview, I am offered an Account Development Manager position. Two weeks later, the company rescinded my job offer (despite the fact that I had signed my offer letter, as had their HR rep). I was, quite literally, in the moving van -- driving across the country -- on my way to Salt Lake City when they notified me of their decision via email, citing a "poor culture fit."

This is unprofessional and heartless behavior. STAY AWAY.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard phone screen then an in person interview. Talked to several individuals from various parts of the company. Was shown their software and they described the educational market, how they worked with school systems, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot a problem   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone and in person interviews with a number of team players. Started with phone interview and was then asked to come into the office for a few more in person interviews. While there, I got a tour of the office. Final interview was with CEO.

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MasteryConnect.

Interview

Very standard interview. Fun environment. Very nice people. I had a one-on-one interview with the CTO then a group interview with a product manager, CEO,and CTO. I went into their office for the interview. The dress is casual and they had me not dress up for the interview.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening. Two in-person interviews : first a group chat, second is a presentation on how interviewee would redesign their homepage. Very little feedback. Current designers became insecure or defensive when interviewee expressed ideas contrary to their own. Seems to stem from showing expertise not possessed by current UX team. All in all, I desired a higher caliber team to work with.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MasteryConnect (Sandy, UT).

Interview

phone screening, in person group interview, presentation to a panel

the panel seemed very pleased with my presentation and interviews and discussed compensation and potential projects. the interviewers were kind and made the experience comfortable. i was rejected with a quick message that left me wondering why they interviewed me in the first place. in the end this experience felt pretty shady. i would think twice about interviewing at this company unless you truly know what they are looking for in a potential hire.

Interview Questions

• there were almost no questions about my work experience. questions revolved around my work history. no skill based questions at all.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview.

Went well until they asked about my salary expectations. Almost immediately the tone turned negative. They stated that it was far too high for someone who had graduated less than a year ago. I asked for clarification as to what that meant. Turns out they had read my resume incorrectly - I actually graduated a little over two years prior. They stated the fact remained that my salary expectations were way too high for an entry-level position that required three years experience (do you see the problem with this?). The compensation was $10,000 less than the average for this area and approximately 50% of the national average. I have interviewed for a number of similar positions and not a single recruiter has batted an eye at my salary range. According to the recruiter, they're a start-up, so their money is constantly "churning" meaning employee investment is low, which also translates to poor benefits, as well. I'm sure they have a fully-stocked fridge and a ping pong table, though.

I stuck to my required minimum and thanked them for the phone call but that I would not be flexible with those terms. The end.