MathWorks Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,509 of over 2.5K interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

MathWorks

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

The interview process is efficient and considerate. Firstly, there was a digital interview powered by HireVue. I was asked to record a video response to share more about your interest and background. I had the chance to practice before my recording, and there were two trials during the formal recording. Secondly, I got an OA powered by HackerRank. The instructions were clear, the remaining time alert was striking , and problem descriptions were straightforward. Thridly, after just one day, I got the invitation to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Do you think you are a good fit for the EDG internship? 2. One of your important experience, and why important? 3. Why interested in MATLAB
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

First the HR calls to ask some basic questions to check your market value and your expectation. Then the hiring manager get in touch for a phone call. Later hiring manager provides you a design exercise (a very broad exercise) and ask you to spend a few hours working on it. Then review exercise with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

online coding session the following interview process will require you to be familiar with 2 languages (MATLAB, C++, Python, Java, ...) the video interview will also require you to have a concentration/focus of study (fluid mechanics, control and dynamics,...)

Interview Questions
  • Why EDG? Why MathWorks? Basic conceptual questions about the language you are most familiar with

MathWorks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

3 rounds 1 tech 1manager 1 human resource. all eaquestions. nothing unexpected. before that there's online auto test and phone interview. easy questions too. so the overall exp is really good. but the process is a little bit long

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

The process was comparitively easy as compared to other companies. There was one coding round and shortlisted candidates were considered for Technical and HR interviews. Coding questions were tough but doable. They were very particular about the type of answers they wanted in the HR round.

Interview Questions
  • First round was a discussion round about some topic about employee satisfaction in wfh environment

MathWorks

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

It was pretty straight foward. I did an online review then I was called for a phone interview. It went pretty smoothly. I never heard back again from them. They sent me an automated message for rejection.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

Had 4 interviews. First one was with a computer, pretty standard questions: tell us about a project your worked on, why you are a good fit, your GPA, visa status, what do you know about edg.

Interview Questions
  • 2-3 were programming and controls related: structure in Matlab, oop, controllable system, find eigenvalues, stable/unstable, simplify block diagram. Had to do some programming on the fly, was allowed to us Python. 4th one was behavioural

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MathWorks (Adelaide) in Apr 2021

Interview

Last week, I had the weirdest interview of my life with MathWorks. The MathWorks France-based recruiter was hunting for an Australia-based position. She found me on LinkedIn, contacted me and set up a phone interview. However, during that interview, the recruiter was unprofessional: somewhat condescending, used racial profiling and was a little forceful/aggressive. - She asked what my working rights in Australia were, I said: " I'm an Australian citizen," to which she replied, "But your name is not Australian!" I'm not sure what an "Australian" name sounds like. - She wondered why I decided to migrate to Australia, even though it's a remote country! Recruiters should stay professional and stick to the interview subject. - She asked about my current salary, and I said that it was protected by Pay Secrecy. She was stunned to hear that. Almost thought I was lying. Apparently, overseas recruiters don't know how things are done in Australia - She asked about my salary expectations and I used all diplomatic, yet reasonable and standard, ways to dodge the question and avoid giving a figure. For 3-4 minutes, she continued to insist that I give a figure, else the interview couldn't continue. I felt threatened and had to give in, eventually. - Near the end of the interview, I asked what the difference was between the job descriptions of an application engineer and a senior application engineer. I was told that MathWorks doesn't care about titles, but rather getting the job done. She continued to warn me that I shouldn't be disappointed if I get a contract with the title "Application Engineer" because the decision is based on the opinions of the hiring manager and herself. I asked based on what criteria will that be decided, she got defensive and didn't answer that question. I was threatened that if I was not open to getting an offer with the title of "Application Engineer," the recruitment process shall not proceed. Mind you, the job ad says for a "Senior Application Engineer." - At the end of the 1-hour interview, she made it clear that I was a good fit for the job and explained the next steps. I was going to be speaking to the hiring manager as part of 3 further interviews. - After this interview, I didn't feel positive about the experience and contacted her to withdraw my application 3 hours later. Four days later, she replied that I was not recommended to proceed with the interview process, which was shocking to me. I was expecting a "thank you for letting us know about your decision to withdraw your application." I have been interviewed many times in my life and by far this has been the most disgraceful experience I have ever been through. MathWorks should rely on recruiters who are accustomed to local culture and understand how to approach and talk to job candidates. They should remember that during the interview, they are also being interviewed and if they push people to answer questions, they should at least answer when they get asked. They shouldn't use techniques that are threatening, racial profiling and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
  • What are work rights in Australia?

MathWorks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in Apr 2021

Interview

It was a recorded interview where they give you four questions, one of them is just asking about whether you need visa or sponsorship so is really just three questions with some time to prepare between each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

First a "virtual interview" with HireView which means recoding yourself answering 2 minute questions. Then a technical coding skills test. Finally a live interview over the phone that reviewed and extended the technical skills test and reviewed your resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MathWorks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks

Interview

I had Hirevue behavioral interview as well as hackerrank coding questions that were leetcode easy difficulty. The Hirevue questions asked about why you’re interested and other typical questions. Note that this is only the first stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,509 Interviews