MathWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First round was a phone call from the hiring manager and he asked questions on resume and background.
    Second round was a take-home assessment where I was asked to develop test cases using MATLAB, followed by a phone interview to discuss the solution and some technical questions.
    The final round was an onsite interview. I had to give a presentation on one of my projects, followed by one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Try-catch block, handle class, matrix indexing in MATLAB.
      Declaring private methods in Python.
      A lot of importance was given to behavioral questions.   3 Answers

EDG Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Was pleasant , people were nice and answered all questions. I was told about projects as well within EDG. I also met the future manager who informed me about the responsibilities within the department.

EDG Interview

Interview

Consisted of the following: HR video round, Technical (coding) round, Technical In-person (video) interview. The technical video round comprised of reanswering of the coding round questions, algebra, controls and python.

EDG Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial Phone Screen. HackerRank. Two rounds of technical phone interview. On-site. Went till On-site. Manager was happy with the interview and proceeded with references. HR kept giving constant feedback. In the end got rejected. Company didn't give a reason for rejection.

Engineering Development Group Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in May 2020.

Interview

3 rounds of interview ... 1st was a quick phone screen with HR, 2nd was an hour long conversation with hiring manager, 3rd was a 3 person 3 hour long interview including a technical interview

Interview Questions

• Using MATLAB to manipulate data,graph data, and use logical vectors   Answer Question
    • Basic Linear Algebra - finding inverse of a 2x2 matrix, finding eigenvalues   Answer Question

Interview

Present a business case after you have gone through several rounds. Hard process but good enough to weed out bad candidates. Initially i went through several rounds of interviews which were interesting.

Interview Questions

• Q: Business case on a difficult situation and how you solved it   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the EDG program online and received the link of online assignment immediately.
    After passed OA, I had 3-round phone interviews:
    1) 1h tech interview
    2) 20min hm interview (some behavior questions)
    3) 15min hr (schedule onsite)
    Onsite: 2h tech + 1h hm + lunch + 1h hr

Interview Questions

• phone interview: recent experience + review oa + coding challenge
      onsite: recent experience + coding challenge + ood design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

The interview focused on the resume for about 20 - 25 minutes and was followed by a technical question which could be solved in a language of your choice. The technical question was not too hard however, you may or may not get time to optimize your code. Towards the end you get a chance to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Provide a detailed explanation for one of your academic projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

No feedback, no proper communication. I got my first call from the manager and then another from the technical guy for the technical interview. Recruiter was never involved in the process. I never received any communication from them apart from these two calls. Although the interview went really great, infact i felt I knew more than the interviewers at times. So I was really hopeful of getting an offer from them.
    But since even after multiple follow ups, I never received a single response, I really feel, this is not the professional company I thought Mathworks is, in general.
    Probably I wont apply to Mathworks again, because to me, professionalism matters.

Interview Questions

• My past experience in test automation framework designing   Answer Question

User Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

It was very slow. It took about 2 weeks for the entire thing and I was rejected without any proper feedback. The company's hiring process will take a lot of your time and may reject you without any constructive feedback.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

having oa and hirevue directly after apply for it, oa is so hard, and the process is messy