MathWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process contained 3 steps, 2 phone interviews and 1 on site interview. I had 3 different interviews on site with 3 different team members. The interview went very smoothly and the interviewers were very welcoming and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your qualities match the companies core qualities?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using MATLAB and/or SimuLink?   Answer Question
    • How well would you rate yourself in teaching a concept to someone else?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was made aware of the opportunity through a friend who was contacted on LinkedIn by the internal recruiter. He forwarded me the communication and I reached out to the recruiter myself. My interview experience consisted of a brief phone screen with the internal recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, onsite 1:1 interviews with a few team members and finally a presentation to the team followed by a few more 1:1 interviews. The process moved along quickly and was organized very well with prompt feedback. I never was left wondering where I stood. The presentation portion was definitely intimidating and unique, but after "the why?" behind it was explained to me, it made sense and turned out to be a great challenge and learning experience for me. The structure of the interview process also gave me a good idea of what a day at MathWorks felt like and of the caliber of people I could be working with - as opposed to 1 or 2 interviews with people and being shown the door.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflicting ideas with another team member. how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not a true negotiation because the process by which the organization determines its offers was fully explained to me and early in the process. I knew exactly where I stood and what to expect. They did not play any games or waste time with back-and-forth negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email on Thursday asking to see if I wanted to apply for a full time position over an internship. Scheduled a phone call for the following Monday. Typical HR interview.

Interview Questions

• List in order of importance the top three things you look for in a job.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MathWorks in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response the next day. The recruiter said they were eager to schedule to an interview for two different positions and just asked for my GPA. Considering I go to a pretty competitive school I'm pretty confident with my 3.3 GPA but as it turns out it clearly wasn't up to their standards. The woman NEVER emailed me back, ignored my voicemail I left inquiring the interview and has since to answer me. I go to look online and I see that my application status for both positions was "Did not meet required qualifications". It's almost as if they didn't actually read my resume, as I had experience in literally everything they ask for. Overall I was very dissapointed in the process and they seemed to have made their decision purely off of my GPA which was pretty good for my school anyways.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR the following day to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview was just a non technical behavioral interview. After this interview a technical phone interview was scheduled based on 2 chosen topics out of about 5. I chose C++ and Java, so the interview problems were largely related to OOP and was very intensive.

Interview Questions

• OOP design question, C++ vs Java objects, logical question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

An Phone call with HR then 10 minute technical phone interview. Interviewer was not allowed to give feedback. Questions were mostly on Glassdoor. The number of questions is just however many you can answer in 10 minutes. No time limit for individual answers. But they don't give feedback, so you don't know how quickly they'd like them answered. As someone who needs time to think about quesitons, I think this hurt me but I can't really know.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the differences and similarities between a static array, a dynamic array, and a linked list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Didn't get far in this interview process. After receiving a call from HR, I was told my resume would be forwarded to a manager. I checked online and found that "match was not ideal at this time" was the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email several days later. I spoke with a Recruiter and she gave me basic company information and What MathWorks was all about. I had the Technical phone interview and I'm waiting to hear back from MathWorks. Some of the questions were the same as here but there were a few others.

Interview Questions

• Given a function how would you alter it so that the code will compile.   Answer Question
    • Which version of the Fibonacci sequence runs better and how would you make it run better?   Answer Question
    • Given a class Bank. How would you make Bank b = new Bank(20) work.   Answer Question
    • There were a few questions about java threads which I was not prepared for so you may want to look over those a bit.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

A professor referred me, but when I told them that I had not gotten a response, she told me that they were only looking for people with higher GPAs. Later the professor's contact at MathWorks set me up with a phone interview. I thought it went well, and others listening nearby agreed, but I was surprised that there were no technical or problem-solving questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions out of the ordinary for an interview. "What do you know about MathWorks?", "Do you know how this position compares with similar ones in other companies?", etc. I was not asked any technical or problem-solving questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First step was a phone interview. Despite what the others have said on glassdoor, there was not video recording call and I talked directly to a lady who emailed me. She asked me about some stuff on my resume and some behavior questions. She also asked me to describe any outside projects I have and how do I manage multiple tasks/deadlines.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the hr.All the questions were from glassdoor.Got the 1hr phone interview scheduled a week later.All the questions were from glassdoor but they were bit involved.So please be in-depth with each and every topic mentioned here.