Mavens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mavens Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of a total of four rounds with the first two being phone interviews. During the phone interviews, the interviewers seek to get a better sense of your background and provide you with an overview of Mavens and the interview journey you’re about to embark on. After the second round, you're given a set of business requirements to build a demo application using Salesforce. You're also provided with a mock client contact at Mavens who will answer any requirements questions you have along the way. You're given a few weeks to complete the application, then you present it to a three person group of Mavens employees. If you’re local to Chicago, you will present the application in the office, and if not, you’ll present it on a conference call. The demo is focused on the end user’s perspective rather than running through the Salesforce configurations completed. Be prepared to answer questions regarding the design of your application as you complete the demo. Following the presentation, you’ll be scheduled for the final interview where you will meet with three to four Mavens employees.

Overall the interview process was long, but the thorough vetting that Mavens does throughout the process shows that the company is heavily invested in hiring the right people. Mavens doesn't necessarily hire people to fill open positions by a certain deadline, and instead, they hire a person when he/she is the right fit.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was four rounds. The first two were over the phone. The third was a case study, where you work with a current Mavens employee who acts as a client, gather requirements, build out a solution in Salesforce, and present the solution at the end. The last round was to come into the office to meet with a few Mavens employees in person. It was a long interview process, but it showed how serious Mavens is about finding people who are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• During the case study presentation, you will want to justify and have an answer to why you made certain design decisions for the solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is broken into multiple phases from 1:1 'getting to know you' style calls right through to a mock client simulation of a real life project to really challenge your consulting skills.

The overall process is quite a time dedication and is not for everyone, but Mavens are a small very unique organisation who invest the time to ensure every candidate is going to be a strong fit in the culture they've worked hard to cultivate. The interview process is onerous but at the heart of it is really getting to know you as both a professional and a person to ensure you're a good fit for Mavens, and more importantly Mavens is a good fit for you!

The case study is by all means the most challenging part of the interview process. I took a few days off work to give it the attention it deserves, and if you're anything like me and genuinely enjoy the challenge as you work your way through then you're probably on the right track applying to Mavens.

What really stood out to me is the number of Mavens who want to get to know you. Everyone is very interested to meet you and check out whether you're ready to be part of the family so expect to meet many new faces. It particularly resonated with me that the founder and CEO takes the time to meet & speak to every potential new hire.

Interview Questions

• What makes Mavens unique and what do you envisage doing day to day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very transparent and open

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview Process is three phase with the final phase of a sample project. Completing the project successfully was no easy task and how you described your solution was as important if not more than your actual technical expertise. Maven's is more than just expertise it is about building a successful working team across multiple levels and skillsets.

Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was extremely positive. My initial interview was with PK, the founder, followed by a 2nd phone interview with Dave, another Mavens' employee the next day. After that, I was given an opportunity to develop a Power Point deck designed to show what I could bring to Mavens. I presented my deck to a team of 5 Mavens' employees in a Zoom meeting.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews with both PK and Dave were easy going and comfortable. They felt like a mutual dialogue rather than a typical interviewer -interviewee format. There were no difficult questions for me in the screening process. When I shared my presentation with the larger group of Mavens, I was definitely more nervous. They asked me specific questions about my presentation and I had to explain why I made the choices I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation was even better than I expected. PK entered into a discussion about the salary in our very first phone call. He said that he always does this. That way, a candidate knows from the very beginning what the wages will be, and they can decided if they want to continue the interviewing process or not.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call to explore the process which was very well explained. I then had 2 weeks to complete an application in Salesforce which was then presented back to 2 technical mavens. The process continued with an interview with a director and then the owner of the business. The whole process was very thorough and gave me great confidence about the level of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The questions and approach is designed to test the way you approach problems.   Answer Question

Salesforce Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. They really take care of selecting the best of the best. That means you will be working with the best of the best. Just a couple of phone interviews, and then I was asked to implement a solution in salesforce. After that they asked me to go to Chicago to meet the team, and the office. Everyone in Mavens were fantastic.

Interview Questions

• They asked to implement a solution to a problem in salesforce.   1 Answer

Salesforce Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mavens in December 2015.

Interview

I talked on the phone with Billy Ho, who told me all about the company and answered a lot of my questions about the sort of projects they did, the sort of clients they work with, and the company's overall mission statement and philosophy. He sent me a list of the company values and after reviewing these and following up with him, we spoke against and I was given a test assignment.

The assignment was a mock requirements review with a client who was role-played by another Mavens employee, then to build a solution based on these requirements. The project was estimated to take up to 20 hours and needed to be presented to 3 Mavens employees within two weeks.

This did take quite a bit of effort, more than what would be required for most positions, but it gave me a chance to work on something cool and I think was also the most effective way possible for them to evaluate my abilities as a developer and a consultant.

Interview Questions

• When I presented my mock project, the reviewers asked questions regarding both the functional side of my solution and the technical side. I was asked about code approaches, security/sharing model, etc. On the technical side, I was asked about the approach used in custom pages, the advantages/drawbacks of the approach I chose, and what some alternate approaches might have been.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I found the Mavens interview process extremely thorough, challenging, and rewarding. To say that Mavens is "selective" in their hiring process is true, but also misleading, as this can be interpreted as an being like an exclusive club. In reality, they spend just as much time during the hiring process helping to make sure Mavens is the right fit for you, not just the other way around.

I was referred from an existing Mavens employee who put me in touch with one of the co-founders for an initial phone conversation. As I referred to above, this was absolutely a two-way conversation where I had the opportunity to ask a multitude of questions about the background and future of Mavens in addition to talking about myself.

The next step was a Salesforce configuration exercise to build a demo environment based on a set of business requirements, and interact with a designated "customer" point of contact, with a presentation of the completed solution to panel of 3-4 people from Mavens. It's a brilliant way to assess a candidate's interpersonal/consulting skills on top of just how well they can configure Salesforce. Plus, it also gives you a chance to meet and interact with other people from the company.

Finally, the last step is an in person day of interviews/conversations in the Chicago HQ office. If you've made it this far (and many don't), this gives you an incredibly good sense of the culture of the company and what it would "feel" like to work there. For me, it confirmed everything I had heard or anticipated going in and when I was finished I literally couldn't wait to get started.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest professional accomplishment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1.) Phone Interview - Standard Interview Questions
    2.) Interview Exercise - A mock consulting engagement. Need to build an application and demo the solution. It was a great opportunity to demonstrate skills, but requires about 40 hrs of effort to be successful.
    3.) Fit Interview - 1:1 interviews with 2 Mavens and then a lunch