Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Integrated Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in January 2016.

Interview

Was first contacted via phone and then told I would have a follow up call about a week later. After the second call set up an in person where they flew me up and put me in a hotel. Format was 6 one hour interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was given online which made negotiation seem difficult. Also it is my first job so didn't really know what I was doing

Associate Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• Unexpected timing of interview while working and was nervous   Answer Question

Associate Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

8 interviews ranging between 45-60 min each. Six of the interviewers asked me technical questions and the other two were more laid back to determine personality type. They paid for my lunch and gave me a tour of the manufacturing floor.

Layout Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in February 2017.

Interview

I got an email a fews back and was interviewed by the director. The interview was pretty standard, was asked about projects on my Resume and a few basic Analog questions that every Engineer should know.

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email. Scheduled telephonic interview. Position was Layout Engineer. Glassdoor questions are not asked, In glassdoor everyone mentioned about Op-amp, as I am more towards digital design, I studied a lot on Op-amp, as everyone says it is a must. But they haven't asked a single question on Op-amp. interview was okay, told by the manager that I will get a response in a week either from him or from his assistant regarding the onsite interview. Got a mail from his assistant saying that they are still in the initial stage of interview process and asked me to wait. Three weeks later, kept a mail about the status and got reject later day.

Interview Questions

• NMOS amplifier, CMOS Design(PMOS, NMOS), Clock Divider by 3,5...n, RTL code to implement Clock Divider by n   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

one round phone interview and one onsite,got positive feedback from every interviewer and declined by Excutive Director,he saids he don't have enough H1b allocations and I know he is lying

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Antonio, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Pre-interview. You must take a math test. Answer a few questions. You will have a walk through the facility. If you want the job, make sure they know it. Don't be indecisive. Be assertive!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

One sided, but place your demands and expectations on the table. Let them know that you are the right person for the job, and that you expect to be compensated.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very cordial, I applied online received a email about a month later, emailed a few times was called in for a interviewed, was interviewed by the director of the department in addition to two of the employees. Lasted about two hours total, Very nice interview very polite great over all experience.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult question but asked about past experiences with analytics   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

The interview process from application to start date was five months. After applying I was contacted by a hiring manager within two weeks. We scheduled a phone interview two weeks later.

The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and consisted of general questioning on experience and behavioral/process related scenarios. Toward the end of the phone screen, the hiring manager told me that they had a few more people to interview, but that I would hear from them soon.

Within a few weeks, I was contacted again and asked to come into the office to meet face/face. The first in-person interview lasted approximately two hours. The questions were very mixed in terms of difficulty and the hiring manager was well-prepared having several questions to fill the time. The fast pace and high number of questions added difficulty to the interview, as I was forced to think of multiple examples. Shortly after, I was contacted and told that they had narrowed the pool down to 4 and I would hear from them soon.

I was brought back in to meet the team a few weeks later. The interview was round-table style and for three hours I was questioned by 3-4 people. The questions in the prior interview were more difficult, but this interview was more stressful having 6-8 eyes on on for three hours straight. Before leaving, the hiring manager had strongly suggested that a future was in store for me at Maxim

I was contacted again and asked to come back in to meet the superior to the hiring manager. Unfortunately, the superior had to leave town the night before and could not be there in person. I had an hour long conversation with the superior via phone from a Maxim conference room. Then I met with the hiring manager again to discuss salary expectations/benefits/etc. To my surprise, we entered preliminary negotiations on the spot. The hiring manager was very honest and upfront with me, which I appreciated.

Within the week I was contacted and given a verbal offer. I verbally accepted the next afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you were given a responsibility of fixing a complicated and broken process, having little to no prior knowledge/experience with the process, what is the very first thing you would do? Describe your approach. How would you guarantee a sustaining solution?   1 Answer

Interview

Not too hard. Practical questions are asked instead of just theory. Talked to the program manager first and then another two engineers, each for about 45 minutes. People are nice there. Sent them an email after interview and got response a day later.