Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Integrated Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Started with an hour phone interview. Technical with reference to my resume and making sure I could explain all of my projects well. The interview ended with a technical question involving basic circuit elements.
    Second phone interview was entirely technical. I was emailed a pdf with 8 questions to solve in an hour over the phone.
    Final interview I was flown to San Jose for an onsite. Full technical interviews with 5 people, including the manager. Everyone was really nice and I thought I did very well. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again despite sending follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic analog circuit questions. comparators, mosfets, op amps, basic digital knowledge   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Had a great phone interview, was excited about the position and told to give it a week before next steps- never received a follow up/status update, emailed for a follow up a week later, never received a response.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Got an email for arranging a phone screening. It is quickly arranged in one day and got phone interviewed in a few days.
    The hiring manager briefly introduced the position requirement and responsibility, then followed by many technical questions. It took 1 hour in total.

Interview Questions

• Design guidelines and concepts; the earliest available on board time.   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply in career fair, receive the interview invitation the next day. Have the interview the second week. Receive the outcome 10 days later. They need a guy with some DSP background so I am not selected by the team.

Layout Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in February 2017.

Interview

I got an email a fews back and was interviewed by the director. The interview was pretty standard, was asked about projects on my Resume and a few basic Analog questions that every Engineer should know.

Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email. Scheduled telephonic interview. Position was Layout Engineer. Glassdoor questions are not asked, In glassdoor everyone mentioned about Op-amp, as I am more towards digital design, I studied a lot on Op-amp, as everyone says it is a must. But they haven't asked a single question on Op-amp. interview was okay, told by the manager that I will get a response in a week either from him or from his assistant regarding the onsite interview. Got a mail from his assistant saying that they are still in the initial stage of interview process and asked me to wait. Three weeks later, kept a mail about the status and got reject later day.

Interview Questions

• NMOS amplifier, CMOS Design(PMOS, NMOS), Clock Divider by 3,5...n, RTL code to implement Clock Divider by n   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. It was both a phone interview and then for the technical we switched to google hangout. The first half was basic get to know you questions. The hiring manager was very kind and informative. He seemed very interested about finding out about my interest on engineering and technology. He asked about my previous work experience and specifically one project that I worked on during the summer. There were questions about what was my favorite class and why I wanted to become an engineer. The second half of the interview was about basic engineering 101 questions. Basic circuits and how different electrical components effect the circuit. The interviewer was interested in the logic or process of solving the problem and not as much in the answer.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a voltage follower with negative feed back and asked me to explain the concept of the voltage follower   1 Answer
    • How an inductor and capacitor effect the voltage output in a circuit?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screening and had two more interview rounds the following week. Tested on analog basics, MOS theory and circuit analysis techniques. The managers were very kind and patient.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was a Skype interview with the project Architect. Asked fairly technical questions. Second interview was also Skype interview. Asked more technical questions. Overall, the interview went well. There were some questions which I was not readily able to answer such as providing specific code examples. That said, my deep understanding of the software and language seemed to compensate.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you'll stay with our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a short technical phone interview mostly about basic intuitive circuits, then was invited to an on-site with several other people. Round robin semi-technical interviews with several different managers at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you have current flowing through an inductor and have some sort of switch that turns off the current, what happens?   1 Answer
    • What are the qualities of an ideal op amp? What if the op amp has finite gain? Questions about negative/positive feedback.   Answer Question