Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

3.1

Associate Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

8 interviews ranging between 45-60 min each. Six of the interviewers asked me technical questions and the other two were more laid back to determine personality type. They paid for my lunch and gave me a tour of the manufacturing floor.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

First, a phone interview with HR and another Phone interview with manager, regarding technique questions, last for about one hour mainly talking about resume project, not so hard just some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• The feedback gain, open loop gain, phase margin, how to select input cap for buck converter   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First, the hiring manager contact me with a phone interview. He asked some question related to my resume and previous experiences. After the phone interview, he scheduled a second phone interview with staff engineer in the same day. And then arranged an on-site interview few days after. The on-site interview is only half day because I didn't do well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Derive the RC time constant and analyze op-amp network (integrator, filter..). Questions on DC switching converter and op-amp network again.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in August 2017.

Interview

Was a Phone Screen interview, which lasted 30 minutes. Asked me questions on my Resume, Work-experience and how much Analog Design Exposure I had.
    The interviewer said they would get back in 2 weeks. However, they never did. The position is still open online and the HR never responded to my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Bandgap Design related questions. The concept of PTAT and CTAT. (I had worked on a BGR circuit before and mentioned it on my resume.) Nature of the BGR diode and it's specs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Phone call first, asking some basic questions. Then onsite to ask more detailed analog and RF circuits. Your group and other group members will ask you. Onsite interview takes 1 day.

Corporate Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from HR. Scheduled a phone interview with one of the team lead. The position was in cloud and data center and closely related to power electronics. Started with RC circuits, voltage across capacitor with different combinations of RC, how the voltage will increase with the step input. After that asked about buck converter, inductor current in buck then why the differential prob is used. Interviewer was very helpful. Learn the basics that I would suggest!

Interview Questions

• How much time a capacitor will take to get fully charged when a step input is applied? Value of R, C given.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Started with an hour phone interview. Technical with reference to my resume and making sure I could explain all of my projects well. The interview ended with a technical question involving basic circuit elements.
    Second phone interview was entirely technical. I was emailed a pdf with 8 questions to solve in an hour over the phone.
    Final interview I was flown to San Jose for an onsite. Full technical interviews with 5 people, including the manager. Everyone was really nice and I thought I did very well. Unfortunately, I never heard from them again despite sending follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic analog circuit questions. comparators, mosfets, op amps, basic digital knowledge   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Had a great phone interview, was excited about the position and told to give it a week before next steps- never received a follow up/status update, emailed for a follow up a week later, never received a response.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Got an email for arranging a phone screening. It is quickly arranged in one day and got phone interviewed in a few days.
    The hiring manager briefly introduced the position requirement and responsibility, then followed by many technical questions. It took 1 hour in total.

Interview Questions

• Design guidelines and concepts; the earliest available on board time.   Answer Question

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply in career fair, receive the interview invitation the next day. Have the interview the second week. Receive the outcome 10 days later. They need a guy with some DSP background so I am not selected by the team.