Maxim Integrated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maxim Integrated Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2018

3.1

Engineering Interview

Interview

First, submit resume. Then, phone screen about projects experience and you are given a set to questions, you are expected to solve them and explain to the engineer over the phone. interview again.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Mostly based around explaining my past experiences and what my careers goals are. Only had one interview which was over the phone and lasted around 25 minutes. Didn't take more than a week to hear back from them after the interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had a technical issue and what did you do to solve it.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Asked a lot of finance questions and I was not prepared. Do your research before this interview. I got grilled and did not end up receiving the job. Asked about IRR, NPV, and Sharpe ratio

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Meet them at Career Fair, got a call back after 2 weeks .Basic interview questions on resume the guys said he would forward my resume to the program manager. Never heard anything from them later on.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in December 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews (I live on the East Coast so flying out to Oregon is impractical). First interview was with a director. Second interview is with a manager with whom you will most likely work with. Third interview was with a technical VP. Mostly resume questions (not too technical questions) so be sure to prepare beforehand. Be prepared for team-based behavioral questions too.

Associate Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

8 interviews ranging between 45-60 min each. Six of the interviewers asked me technical questions and the other two were more laid back to determine personality type. They paid for my lunch and gave me a tour of the manufacturing floor.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Process was quick and easy. Applied online and 1 month later was contacted to start the interview process. It started out with 2 phone interviews which were mostly behavioral and personality based. A few very basic level finance/accounting based questions were thrown in. Next steps are where I was invited to a superday where I was given a tour of the campus and 3 in person interviews with 3 managers/directors from different departments. These interviews were also mainly personality/behavioral based with some technical questions thrown in. Very easy interview process. Each step of the way I was told when I would be notified of next steps. Make sure you look very excited to be there and have a lot of energy if you get to the in person interview stage. Told I interviewed very well but did not look excited enough to be there and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time of when you had to work on a team and it's results   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

First, a phone interview with HR and another Phone interview with manager, regarding technique questions, last for about one hour mainly talking about resume project, not so hard just some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• The feedback gain, open loop gain, phase margin, how to select input cap for buck converter   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First, the hiring manager contact me with a phone interview. He asked some question related to my resume and previous experiences. After the phone interview, he scheduled a second phone interview with staff engineer in the same day. And then arranged an on-site interview few days after. The on-site interview is only half day because I didn't do well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Derive the RC time constant and analyze op-amp network (integrator, filter..). Questions on DC switching converter and op-amp network again.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated in August 2017.

Interview

Was a Phone Screen interview, which lasted 30 minutes. Asked me questions on my Resume, Work-experience and how much Analog Design Exposure I had.
    The interviewer said they would get back in 2 weeks. However, they never did. The position is still open online and the HR never responded to my follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Bandgap Design related questions. The concept of PTAT and CTAT. (I had worked on a BGR circuit before and mentioned it on my resume.) Nature of the BGR diode and it's specs.   1 Answer