KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Medallia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 448 of over 448 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Medallia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia in Jan 2022

Interview

I was pleasantly surprised with how well they communicated with me and kept me in the loop with the entire process. Also the fact I got an actual phone call letting me know their decisions instead of a generic email was an added bonus. Most companies these days either send you an auto-generated denial email or simply just ghost you when you follow up with them asking for an update. The only slightly negative feedback I have was that I was told that you were passing because while I had great customer focused skills the person I interviewed with felt my technical skills weren't as strong as they'd like them to be. The issue was we really didn't even dive all that deep into my technical background and the only thing remotely close was that he asked me how I would respond to a scenario with a customer where the product wasn't working as expected. Not knowing your product and how it exactly works makes it close to impossible to answer types of questions like this, but I did give what I thought was very thorough answer at how I would go about troubleshooting things to which he responded with positive feedback which is why I am left feeling puzzled at the reason you gave me for passing on my application.

Interview Questions
  • They gave a scenario where one of their clients who typically had a 20% response rate to their email surveys is now noticing a drop in that number and they wanted to know why.
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Medallia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

took over 2.5 months. Screening call with recruiter then zoom with regional director then zoom with SVP. Then rec'd email that my recruiter was being transferred back and was assigned a new recruiter who I didn't hear from for more days. Had to leave voicemails and send emails to the former recruiter for the new recruiter to get back to me. Then over 2.5 weeks after my final interview I was finally sent an email to book 15 min call on his link to receive my feedback. sends incorrect link, after he corrects the link I open his calendar to find I have to book another days out just to find out my decision. This was the most disrespectful way to treat a candidate and a call as soon as he knew would have been respectful, instead of stringing me along wondering for such a long time. For a company that deals in employee experience, wow you guys really are missing the mark here. Told many others of this experience and they agreed it was handled poorly, to make a candidate book time on a calendar, then wait so long for a simple rejection call. I think there's so major work to be done here, as the recruiters don't seem to stay long and the process was quite scattered. The first recruiter even scheduled an interview with the wrong person and didn't notice it until I pointed it out to him, causing him to reschedule it correctly. I use these red flags to realize I wouldn't want to work for a company like this.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your background. Why do you want to work for Medallia, typical questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Medallia

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Medallia

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It was broken up into four parts, an interview with the recruiter, an interview with the team manager, a technical interview with the team, and then negotiation. Although there were a couple issues on the way through the process, they were generally resolved quickly. However, I had the displeasure of being ghosted during negotiations. I followed up a week or two later to get a call telling me they were working on contracts and would get back to me. After two weeks I assumed they were no longer interested, I still have not heard from them two months later.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my python knowledge

Medallia

Application

I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

How many pages and applications and questions that are insignificant to this role do I have to answer? Medallia, whatever useless IT company you are— make it easy to apply for jobs. I probably could get this job I tried applying for but you guys make me take 20 minutes filling out your senseless applications, but I’m better off not wasting my time with your hapless process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Medallia

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn, conducted a phone screen, then issued a 2-hour project, then another scheduler coordinated 2 rounds of 2-person interviews. The interview cycle was unnecessarily long (6 weeks). The Sense360 data analytics team is grossly immature for wanting to do anything serious with client data. The manager of this product has absolutely know knowledge of the day-to-day work being done and couldn’t speak to any meaningful details about the product. Their processes are manual, no one knows how to code, and they have the customer success team (a.k.a. business/sales) driving strategic decisions for the accounts rather than data-driven processes. If Sense360 wasn’t acquired by Medallia, they would have folded. There’s 0 chance I would work for this company for anything less than $160k based on the work that needs to be done, yet the positions is offering substantially less than that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Medallia

Application

I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

Really informal - skill based and competency questions. What kind of technologies have you used e.g. ML? 1 hour long phone interview. Hiring on rolling basis as company grew exponentially during covid.

Interview Questions
  • Have you used google cloud? What motivates you to do a task?

Medallia

Application

I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

Interview process was relatively straight forward and short compared to other software companies. Step 1: Recruiter phone call Step 2: Hiring manager interview Step 3: Team interview, broken into 15 minutes over the course of an hour. Overall an enjoyable experience

Interview Questions
  • What’s you experience? Tell us about yourself? Usual with no hidden or ambiguous questions

Medallia

Application

I interviewed at Medallia

Interview

Received an email to confirm a time for a screening call. Rep called at designated time. Asked several questions regarding my background and experience as well as work eligibility status. It was a good call which I felt went well. She was somewhat thorough and told me I would hear back either way within a few days to a week. After a week passed I emailed the screener to follow up and to inquire, to which I have yet to respond. It seems like a good company to be a part of and to grow with, I enjoyed researching and learning about them before my interview. It was unfortunate to not have received any follow up or response to my email. Follow through was very important in her questioning, so I find the lack of this very thing quite disheartening.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Nashville, TN)

Interview

This had to be the strangest interview I’ve ever had. It was just with a recruiter but it felt like they wanted to know more about the processes at my current company more than they wanted to know about my experience. And the role they called me about was not the one I applied for. Didn’t move to the next round but I believe it was for the best.

Interview Questions
  • What kind of deals does your company book? What is their revenue model?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2022

Interview

Completely unorganized and unprofessional. I applied and was reached out to by a recruiter several weeks later. It was a quick call that was overly promising. The process was described as two separate 30 min follow-up calls. One with the Manager of the team and one tech test. I then received an email with the benefits and was asked to confirm that I accepted those benefits by replying to the email. I did this and didn't hear back for a week. After an additional week I received an email out of the blue asking me to sign and NDA and connecting me with a 3rd party for scheduling the next meeting. When I jumped on the call with the manager, the position was not at all what I expected, and apparently, this call 30 min call was really a 1-hour call intended to be both the formal call and tech test. This was extremely surprising since I was not prepared mentally to take a tech test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Applied. Took a very long time to get back to me on the position. And then finally i get an email about the position. Ended up going with someone else but they couldn't have at least told me that they weren't looking or that they immediately filled the position after applying. Waste of time!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 448 Interviews

Medallia Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Medallia as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.10 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Solutions Analyst and Customer Solutions Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Client Services Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Medallia takes an average of 30 days when considering 428 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Customer Solutions Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 44 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Medallia according to 428 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.11%