Medallia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Austin, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

2 phone screens, one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Then the "SDR challenge" which is researching a company and drafting a prospecting email. Do your research and don't pick a brand who's already a customer. Then they invite you for an onsite where you talk to 3-4 more people. There's also the "Medallia interview" which for me was over Skype, which is less about your qualifications and more about your decision-making, values, life choices, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a colleague   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to book a short intro call after which they arranged for me to speak directly with the hiring manager. Their full process included two additional rounds, including a case interview.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Applied as an internal referral from a current Medallia employee. HR contacted me to set up an initial screening. After the initial call I had 4 interviews. All were conducted by phone and video chat as everyone was in a different location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative client experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

The questions and technical challenge were fair and relevant. I had the opportunity to speak to some fairly senior people, even though the role I applied for is not. The process was fairly efficient, and I had flexibility in my start date. Overall as good as can be expected.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews . First contacted by HR for screening. You will meet with a number of people that are part of the Medallia team. I thought that this was great as it gives you the opportunity to ask questions to ensure Medallia is the right fit for you also. The HR Recruiter and the Talent Specialist were very responsive everything flowed seamlessly through the entire process. I was never left unclear about next steps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an account that wasn’t a positive situation?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest accomplishment and why?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medallia (San Mateo, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Referred in by a former colleague to a good internal recruiter for prospective salespeople.
    30-minute screen. Complete NDA.
    30-minute Zoom Meeting with the hiring manager.
    All standard stuff. No real 'gotchas'.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position / company?
      Do you like hunting for new business?
      What do you know about Medallia / Strikedeck?
      Do you travel a lot for your position?
      Do you have BDRs in your current role?
      Have you made President's Club?
      Median deal size? Length of sales cycle?
      What are the personas you call upon now?
      What is your sales qualification process now?
      Do you have SCs?
      What motivates you?
      What else can I tell you about the role?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Was contacted by Human Resources via e-mail to schedule phone screening, which went well. After that hiring manager interview was scheduled, where was instantly rejected over some experience discrepancy, quick and painless.

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (McLean, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter
    Technical video interview with a senior developer several days later
    Onsite interview (half-day) with the engineering manager, hiring manager, two senior developers a few weeks afterwards
    Received an offer in about a week and a half

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you got started with web development   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your entire resume starting from college   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes a string of arrays and returns an actual array   1 Answer
    • Write a function that tells you what the similar colors in a contiguous block on an n x n grid   Answer Question
    • Describe Promises, async/await, demonstrate how to use them   Answer Question
    • What do you read to stay current with the industry?   Answer Question
    • What would you improve about the code that you've written?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

It was a long interview process, but they were thorough to make sure the were hiring an individual that would fit with culture and skills/experience.

I had a total 6 with different levels at company.

Interview Questions

• I can’t remember the questions but there was a required Medallian Challenge that i had 24 hours to complete.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled a call. No call came. I emailed 5 minutes after scheduled and no response. A few hours later an email came through saying they had called and left me a voicemail. I did not have one.

Rescheduled and they no-showed again. I've blocked two hours out for a company that can't be bothered to make a call. So I've decided this is not the place for me.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medallia (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Hiring manager never even reached out to me. Missed the first phone appointment and she apologized and rescheduled it for the next day and she never reached out to me again. Too large of a company if they can’t make a 30 min phone call.