Medallia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medallia (San Mateo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Began the interview process in late October, 2017 after applying online. I was reached out to by a member of the HR team after only a few hours to set up a phone screen.

One week later I had the phone screen, where the interviewer asked about my background, why I was interested in Medallia, some behavioral questions, and probed my technical background. She could not have been more friendly!

A few hours later, I was invited to the next round, which would be purely technical questions. The interview was an hour long, and, again, the interviewer was extremely personable and welcomed any questions I had.

A few hours later, I was invited to the challenge round. The challenge round consisted of two technical challenges that must be completed within 24 hours. You have the opportunity to ask questions to a member of the Professional Services team for a half-hour.

I was then invited to the final round, which consisted of two hour-long behavioral/technical interviews with managers, and a "Medallian" interview, which was entirely cultural and probed my background all the way back to high school.

The entire experience was quite long, but I could not be more excited about the end result. Be personable, know why you're interested in Medallia/tech specifically, and have fun with it! A truly fantastic recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in coding? Tell me about a time where you failed in a group setting. Tell me about a time where you used analytical skills to persuade an audience. What is your favorite tech company and why? How would you describe a V-Lookup to a 5-year-old? Why Medallia? Describe a relationship with a teacher in high school that you deeply valued. Why did you pick your university?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

The process went smoothly. They seemed rushed but the first interview went well and there was no difficulty setting it up. questions were fairly basic resume based and situational based. Second round was more difficult with more consulting frame worked questions. Second round consisted of 2 1 hour interviews. The questions asked were quite difficult in the second round.

Interview Questions

• If I was asked how much would be a reasonable increase in my company's rating. How much should it increase by?   Answer Question

Feb 23, 2015 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Our recruiting team will set candidate expectations better going forward based on your feedback. I hope that you were able to enjoy your conversations with our team. I’m... More

Contracts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional and disappointing interview process I have ever been through (and I've been through a lot in the past few years).

I was contacted the day after I applied by a recruiter through email and was asked for a phone screen. She scheduled 30 minutes for the following day, in which she was 20 minutes late. We only spoke for 10 minutes about the role and my experience. At the end of this short call, she said she wanted to schedule a 1 hour video call with me and emailed me right after the call asking for my availability. I did not receive confirmation for the second call, so I emailed her the next day. She said "I haven't had a chance to schedule it, I will now. I'll reach out shortly."

NEVER HEARD BACK. I emailed again the following week and still no response.

I am truly disappointed because I really was interested in this company and the recruiter made it seem they were really interested in me.

Some advise: if you are leaning towards a candidate, do not express enthusiasm to other candidates and then go cold turkey on them.

Lead Generation Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and helpful. They'll ask typical questions. Everything was fine until I talked to the hiring manager; this person was uninterested as soon as they picked up the phone. Interacting with Medallia, I have found the company's recruiters are awesome, but middle managers who are making hiring decisions can be rude and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Medallia? Where would you rank Medallia with your other options?   Answer Question

Lead Generation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through all of the hoops and got to the offer stage. At the end of each interview I asked for general impressions, and all of them were positive and some said that I'd be an excellent fit for the company. My culture interviewer mirrored that, however when I found out I wouldn't get the offer, the recruiter cited some red flags in my culture interview. Either my interviewer lied to my face, or they had to come up with some BS excuse as to why they couldn't give an offer. I was disappointed they couldn't elaborate or tell me more about why they couldn't. I flew out on my own dime, twice to show my commitment to Medallia (something they encouraged) and with 6/7 people who liked me and positive feedback, I wouldn't have expected to be led on for so long.

Interview Questions

Medallia Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Employer Branding

Your review really hit home, the lack of transparency you describe is completely unacceptable and contrary to our company values. I followed up with the hiring managers to see what happened, and they... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

I applied online on their website. The recruiter replied back and setup an initial round of interview. The recruiter asked various background related questions like why medallia and all. She also asked basic java questions. I passed this round so she sent me an interviewstreet challenge which I completed successfully. The interviewstreet questions were very easy.

Then I got my first phone interview. The questions were pretty standard:
    1. Check whether a given linkedlist has cycle or not.
    2. Design Question - Design deck of cards then extended this question by asking me to implement a game.

I was pretty nervous in the second phone interview. The questions were very easy like bubble sort, insertion sort, hashing vs BST, etc. I was not able to clear this round due to my nervousness.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medallia (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Online code test; it was supposed to take about an hour (at least that's what they said), but it would be impossible to write all that code in one hour, especially since you also have to think of a solution for each problem. The problems weren't that difficult, but it was obvious that they didn't want to hire, they just wanted to mock somebody.

Interview Questions

• Given the digits 1 through k (1<=k<=9), return the list of all numbers where each digit occurs at most once   Answer Question
    • Summing up the individual digits for each number from 0 to k (0<=k<=10000000)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

online code test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medallia (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

One on campus interview, fair algorithm question. Second interview was over the phone and the interviewer cared more about petty syntax on my problem rather than my approach. The question was fair but as i worked it out he kept recommending different ways to do it and it ended up on him shaping up my answer.

Interview Questions

• Most efficient way to sort 1000 arrays of 1000 items into one huge array.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given a UI coding challenge about a month later. The challenge is a 1-hour Javascript test with 5 questions. The questions were either fixing a bugged snippet of code or completing functions.

After two weeks, I was contacted to schedule a 1-hour phone interview with a front-end developer. There was no coding through a shared document. Half the conversation was about the work culture at Medallia and life in the bay area. The other half were questions specific to some front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, Javascript). Be prepared to explain your previous work experiences and projects.

Two weeks later, I was contacted to schedule an on-site interview at Palo Alto, CA. The day consisted of three 1-hr interviews with engineers, one cultural interview, lunch with a developer, and a conversation with the director.

Overall, I had a positive experience with the application process. During the on-site, I was treated well by everyone. They made sure I was comfortable and relaxed throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference in CSS between visibility:hidden and display:none?

What kind of data is sent in HTTP POST/GET requests?   Answer Question

Apr 21, 2015 – President

Thanks for your feedback and for investing so much time and energy in us. I apologize for the lags in our process (1 month between the online application and the coding challenge, 2 weeks between the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and several months later was invited to take an online coding challenge. The online coding challenge was objectively the most difficult interview challenge I've ever had (Eventbrite, Intel, Bloomberg, Qumulo, Zappos, Rakuten). You are required to decipher a template that has been prewritten, and then iterate through an iterator of iterators, and search for a particular target string within the string returned from your iterator. I scrolled down to look at the source code below the editor, and whoever wrote it had written in the comments "crazy hack to build iterators".

The next challenge was just a run of the mill parse text and find the URL type challenge, which can be solved with a dank regular expression. You are given about 45 minutes to solve each of these challenges. You can use C++, Java, JavaScript, or Python.

Interview Questions

• Iterate through an iterator of iterators and return the number of times a given string occurs.   Answer Question