Medallia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, then an onsite interview. It was a good mix of talking about the company's product, the company learning about my background, company culture, and of course the technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you code a hash map? How do you deal with collisions on a node? (Hash maps/linked lists)   Answer Question
    • Code the fibonacci sequence   Answer Question
    • I was given angular code on a js file, html, and css. Then I was asked what the code was doing.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by one of their recruiters. We had an initial phone screen a few days later and was told I would be moving onto next steps. Things were moving really fast, which was nice. I had my on-site interview less than six business days later (due to my schedule), which was a pleasant experience.

Next step was to complete the 'Medallia Challenge,' which is where things became very frustrating.

I was given a test that took me about three hours to complete. When I turned it in (at the beginning of the week), I was told I would get a response within three business days or EOW, which seemed totally fair. Middle of the following week arrives and no response from the recruiter yet, so I kindly reach out to see how things are and if there is anything else needed on my end. No response.

I give it five more days before sending another response. Hey, things pop up, I get it! No response.

It's now been close to three weeks since I've heard from the recruiter, so I send another email out, this time I cc one of the folks who I initially sent the completed challenge to via email (as instructed at the time). Miraculously, the recruiter responds and says they aren't moving forward with my candidacy and that there wasn't a response because things were up in the air. That's it. No feedback on the challenge/test (I requested it, too).

Okay, I totally get that, but really, you can't even send me an update on this? It takes thirty seconds. You could have even sent me a text! I find that behavior distasteful and very unprofessional. Why would one think it's OK to waste someone's time like that? You can't even give me feedback on the challenge to see where I fell short so that I could work on it for the next time an opportunity like this arises? If you aren't prepared to give feedback on tests like this then it's not fair to ask someone to take time out of their day to complete a task that takes three+ hours to do, and then ignore them until it's convenient for you.

Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to the insights analyst position, and was soon contacted. The entire process took about 4 weeks (occurred during the middle of the company's "Experience" conference). I worked with Meghna - who is AMAZING - who helped facilitate several phone interviews with senior managers, a case that I had to present to the team over video conference, as well as an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in regression analytics and statistical analysis?   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was approached by their internal recruiter on LinkedIn for a marketing position. It took a couple of weeks for us to settle on a time for a phone interview as I was traveling for work. Recruiter was friendly and very talkative, but not very communicative after the interview. Took 2 weeks before I was informed that they decided to hire internally for the position.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you experience at your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medallia in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter got back in about a month and scheduled an interview for next week. Engineer was super cool and helped me as I fumbled through the question. Got a reject the week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite project. Implement a HashMap.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone screen interview. Very straightforward. I did write the solution and the interviewer said "Great". But later on he passed on me. No concepts. No logic based question. Phone screen was immature (read-on).

Interview Questions

• He was trying to get some Iterable<> syntax right for Vargs. A simple google search would have given me the exact "Iterable" syntax solution. Not sure what they were trying to test.   1 Answer

G&D Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia in February 2017.

Interview

I started off with an initial phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter was so attentive, friendly, and energetic! I loved the conversation we had. We mostly talked about past work experience.Quickly afterwards, I got scheduled to have a phone interview with the VP. Again, she was friendly and shared a lot of insight about the position. Next, I got a video interview with the VP and manager. It consisted of scenerio questions and more in depth questions about my past experience. Unfortunately, I stumbled a bit on this interview and didn't get to the final round. But overall, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had! I will definitely come back again!

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn. Setup a quick chat with the VP of Engineering. Next step was an onsite with the leadership and the team, followed by the Medallia challenge and presentation.
    Hiring manager and recruiters kept a close feedback loop and I loved the culture and people I met.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions from management. Engineers asked me design and coding questions. Lots of questions about my current role. Gave enough time for me to ask questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (New York, NY).

Interview

Long and intense but very thorough - 4 total interviews including a sales challenge presentation with not much time to prepare. I am very grateful for the experience as it was very educational and eye-opening. Unfortunately, I never received final feedback from the Director and VP even though I was told that I would.

Interview Questions

• The "culture interview" was odd - started out asking about my goals in high school - I'm almost 40 years old and not sure why that was relevant at my age.   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Probably the smoothest interview process I've had. Was contacted by their recruiter with a personalized, relevant message. Quickly determined it seemed like a good fit on both sides and set up a first onsite with the hiring manager. That went smoothly, everything exactly on time and ready on their side. I appreciated their interviewing FAQ that let me know exactly what to expect throughout the process. A full-day onsite was scheduled for 5 days later, where I met with 6 folks for an hour each. All the discussions were great, with a friendly feel. Got an offer 2 days later, which was super fast!