Mitel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.7

Channel Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to via email by an HR recruiting agency that Mitel will contract in. Had an initial phone interview maybe 2 days later. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. No tough questions, the recruiter is just trying to get some information on you and see what your interest level is in the position. Then I was emailed 2 days later letting me know I was moving on to another phone interview with who would be my director. Again, the director wasn't asking anything too hard. Then about a week later I received an email from the recruiter asking me to come in for an in-person interview. This was very a clean and easy interview with a manger in the same department. Then about a week later I was given an offer. Signed and returned. Then you will have to complete a personality test, reference check, background check and drug screening. Very swift and easy interview process that was handled very professionally. The whole process took maybe about 3-3.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with accounts or account management?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitel Networks.

Interview

One phone interview with hiring manager. Then an in-person interview at the location of the position. All expenses to get there were paid by me. The next step was an aptitude/personality test. Then no response from HR or the contact I had been communicating with throughout the entire process for more than a month. Finally a notice of finding another candidate. The lack of communication throughout the process was disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience with coworkers that you had to endure? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through Tek systems. Then had a panel interview at Mitel. Offer was made same day. I met with the lead, manager, and recruiter. The interview was comfortable, it didn't feel intrusive like some interviews.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was terrible and extremely disrespectful, I'll even use the word unethical - spoke with them 17 times, had face-to-face meetings with a number of their staff 6 times and was even flown into Dallas for a full day of interviews. The HR woman in Dallas was so unprofessional with ZERO communication or feedback despite multiple attempts to contact her. No one knows what they are doing...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitel Networks.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was long. There was a total of 5 interviews. One phone interview with my direct boss, one video call, one live interview or presentation, and then 2 additional phone interviews with the Director and his counterpart. There was a questionnaire that you had to fill out online, a personality assessment. The interview process was not hard. However, there seems to be a lot of red tape for hiring when the on boarding process and training is a joke. I strongly encourage the on boarding and training to get up to par with the interview process. You think you are going into a well organized company. You are not.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question. All questions pertained to sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

First did a basic phone interview, then did an off-site interview that was extremely pleasant, step three was an interview with the director, who was very nice and professional. After the interview the business direction changed from building out the Mesa outside sales force to focusing on building their California team first.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mitel? It is a very common question, but one that always throws me off no matter how much research is done. I always research and ask my LinkedIn network to ensure I am interviewing with a company that I want to work for in the first place so I can always answer it no problem.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Entirely via phone. The interview process was highly superficial and really did not delve into much in the way of specifics despite the fact that the job was a fairly high level position with strategic importance to the company. Mitel did not bother checking any of my references despite the fact that I went to great lengths to arrange their availability.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience in the telecommunications sector and my views on the current state of the industry   1 Answer

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy as possible, after an interview and three levels of interviews, there was a face to face meeting, and then the offer letter. Interview questions were based on technical capabilities and sales capabilities which are both critical aspects of being a Sales Engineer.

Negotiation

I asked for a value, they low balled the offer and we met half way between.

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Was put in contact with hiring Director and met in person for interview. Had a meeting before lunch for a few minutes, had lunch, met after lunch for an hour. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Everything was straight forward and there were no trick questions. Honesty is and was the best policy in the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the offer.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Reno, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with staffing agent the with manager. You are asked to do a mock call. Answer a personality test. Sit with a rep. The fact that the company is trying to be able too hiring you for a position