Mitel Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.7

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Mitel was the most scatter brained interview process I've seen, and I've seen many in my 20+ years. I was originally approached by a recruiter about the opportunity in January. After a couple of phone screenings, I was invited in for a face to face interview with key stakeholders. This went well and was led to believe that an offer was imminent. Three weeks later I get a request for a lunch meeting with a new Vice President as a formality prior to hiring me. The VP cancels the meeting less than 24hrs prior to our meeting and never rescheduled. My follow up correspondence, for the most part, was ignored until I received an invite to meet over coffee by a newly acquired hiring manager. The face to face meeting happened; however, I received no follow up communication, and my attempts to communicate were ignored. At this point, I would not work for the organization as they are obviously inept and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What song would you select for a Karaoke?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable in an environment that occasionally has Nerf gun battles?   1 Answer

Channel Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to via email by an HR recruiting agency that Mitel will contract in. Had an initial phone interview maybe 2 days later. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. No tough questions, the recruiter is just trying to get some information on you and see what your interest level is in the position. Then I was emailed 2 days later letting me know I was moving on to another phone interview with who would be my director. Again, the director wasn't asking anything too hard. Then about a week later I received an email from the recruiter asking me to come in for an in-person interview. This was very a clean and easy interview with a manger in the same department. Then about a week later I was given an offer. Signed and returned. Then you will have to complete a personality test, reference check, background check and drug screening. Very swift and easy interview process that was handled very professionally. The whole process took maybe about 3-3.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with accounts or account management?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mitel Networks.

Interview

One phone interview with hiring manager. Then an in-person interview at the location of the position. All expenses to get there were paid by me. The next step was an aptitude/personality test. Then no response from HR or the contact I had been communicating with throughout the entire process for more than a month. Finally a notice of finding another candidate. The lack of communication throughout the process was disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience with coworkers that you had to endure? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Reno, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through Tek systems. Then had a panel interview at Mitel. Offer was made same day. I met with the lead, manager, and recruiter. The interview was comfortable, it didn't feel intrusive like some interviews.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was terrible and extremely disrespectful, I'll even use the word unethical - spoke with them 17 times, had face-to-face meetings with a number of their staff 6 times and was even flown into Dallas for a full day of interviews. The HR woman in Dallas was so unprofessional with ZERO communication or feedback despite multiple attempts to contact her. No one knows what they are doing...

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Anaheim, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was 4 weeks from start to finish. Initial contact was by a headhunter that found my resume online, then a series of phone interviews with the hiring manager and other key employees that I did not end up working with, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, and finally the offer and acceptance. While this was going on, a series of online tests were completed ranging from skills tests to personality tests and IQ.

Interview Questions

• If you are walking down the hall with a colleague, do you walk at their pace side by side, faster and ahead of them, or slower and behind them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mitel Networks.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was long. There was a total of 5 interviews. One phone interview with my direct boss, one video call, one live interview or presentation, and then 2 additional phone interviews with the Director and his counterpart. There was a questionnaire that you had to fill out online, a personality assessment. The interview process was not hard. However, there seems to be a lot of red tape for hiring when the on boarding process and training is a joke. I strongly encourage the on boarding and training to get up to par with the interview process. You think you are going into a well organized company. You are not.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question. All questions pertained to sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Mesa, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Short, They knew I was available and reached out to me. 2 person Interview process with corresponding self-paced personality and psych evaluation. 5 day process from beginning to end. My experience was not typical of what to expect as I scored higher than anyone else had on the personality/psychological evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Typical Sales related questions. Nothing a seasoned professional would have problems answering fluidly.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

First did a basic phone interview, then did an off-site interview that was extremely pleasant, step three was an interview with the director, who was very nice and professional. After the interview the business direction changed from building out the Mesa outside sales force to focusing on building their California team first.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mitel? It is a very common question, but one that always throws me off no matter how much research is done. I always research and ask my LinkedIn network to ensure I am interviewing with a company that I want to work for in the first place so I can always answer it no problem.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitel Networks (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Entirely via phone. The interview process was highly superficial and really did not delve into much in the way of specifics despite the fact that the job was a fairly high level position with strategic importance to the company. Mitel did not bother checking any of my references despite the fact that I went to great lengths to arrange their availability.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience in the telecommunications sector and my views on the current state of the industry   1 Answer