Moda Operandi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Moda Operandi

2.5

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

A phone screen, then 2 onsite interviews with many members of different teams. Some Technical, some non-technical. Everyone was really nice and friendly however it seems that there was some major inconsistency as I was fired 3 weeks after my start date.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The on-site interview lasted for 3,5 hours. During the interview I was talking with three different teams, there were 3 representatives from each. They asked a ton of questions, ranging from soft ones, like describe a situation from your previous experience when you had a conflict with someone on your team and how you handled it to technical ones, including sketching a system prototype. It all rounded up with a quick whiteboarding session, where I was asked to code rather simple linked list task. The on-site interview was followed up by a call with one of the teams’ leads. I got an email a week after, explaining that I didn’t get the position because I hadn’t have enough experience in their tech stack, though it wasn’t the issue when I mention it during the phone screen...

Interview Questions

• How do you find out if there is a cycle in a linked list ? Mention time/space complexity, try to come up with the most optimal solution (of course there are more that one)   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online for one role. I was interviewed for another role. And the HR person never got back to me despite 2 emails from me. 3 weeks later I eventually got am automated email saying I wasn't selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

They called for a interview where they reviewed my Resume, my background, and why i was interested in the position. They didn't give me the internship because my hours weren't enough for them but nonetheless this place was probably going to be another fashion nightmare internship where people think that they are superior because they are wearing label. Nobody benefits except for the person why founded the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick but informative, asked basic questions about yourself and your experience and then told me about the internship and typical duties that come along with the job. I heard back within a week and got the job after 2 interviews with HR and my manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume, got an email, had a phone interview with hiring manager, then an offer for an in-person interview. The in person interview took about 10 minutes, just went through my resumé, not many hard questions. Met the hiring manager first who introduced me to the person I would be interviewing with. She seemed quite busy but gave me a pretty good description of the job's responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe one stressful situation in your last internship and how you handled the pressure   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moda Operandi.

Interview

Rather quick interview process once the company is interested in you, friendly hiring staff. They do ask that you submit samples of your work experience i.e look books or blog posts.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi in March 2018.

Interview

Very simple. Had 2 conversations: one with hiring manager and one with a site merchandiser. They were really nice and willing to answer all my questions. Definitely have a good understanding of eCommerce.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

the first round was a phone interview, followed by a in-person interview. I would say that the phone interview with the HR person was more detailed than the actual interview with the team you want to work with. When I interviewed with the director of the specific team, it was more of a relaxed conversation than a question and answer interview. Simple questions, mostly fit and why you want to work at Moda Operandi.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moda Operandi (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in and met with someone from HR. She gave me a run down about what the company is about and what they finished working on, she explained some general roles and what I would essentially be doing if I got the internship and asked about my background and how I learned about the company. That same day I met with the fashion editor and she asked me about my background and explained to me what her intern would be doing (which was having an actual learning experience and not going on coffee runs). I got a tour of the office and met some people from the studio team which I thought was very nice. I wanted to intern at Moda for a while so even if I didn't get the internship I was happy to meet people there and see their offices.

Interview Questions

• -How did you learn about Moda?
      -What are your interest (in the fashion industry & in general; I think this was to get a better feel of which department would be best bc maybe you thought you wanted to do something and a different dept. better fit)
      - Questions about your resume   Answer Question