Model N Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Model N Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I connected with a Model N recruiter and was brought in for an interview that same week. The interview was part of an interview Super Day in which several others were also interviewing. We had a dinner the night before, and were able to meet some current employees. The interviews were fairly simply, and there were no surprise questions. In fact, I felt a large part of the interview was them trying to convince me that I should take the job rather than me actually selling myself, so it was overall very stress free. I heard back about my employment decision about 2 weeks after the interview. The recruiter was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process.

Negotiation

There was no option for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Model N (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then it would be an in person interview but I never got a call back after the phone interview. I spoke with a recruiter and she seemed to be preoccupied with other things. She paused a lot and left long gaps in the conversation. She did not seem to be a very natural interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. How would former employers describe you? Strengths weaknesses   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

Two phone interviews
    three in person interviews
    technical,behavioral and a few case studies
    SDLC and PDLC, how to go about this
    willingness to learn new softwares
    Good experience, friendly people
    Quick correspondence and response
    Awaiting response for final interview
    Asked if I was okay with excessive travel
    Project management questions and hypothetical situations were asked

Interview Questions

• General questions about background and relevant experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, I didn't really apply - just handed my resume to a recruiter at a career fair and they contacted me and asked me to apply. Recruiter was very friendly and easy-going, but the interview process seems to be a bit disorganized. They put up a facade of having an established systematic interview process, but there is definitely room for improvement...

Step 1 - quick phone screen with recruiter; she forgot to call me the first time and we had to reschedule.
    Step 2 - another quick phone screen with an associate consultant AND a "case exam" that was administered via DropBox/email - it was basically a test of simple business/data analysis skills and basic business-y Excel functions.
    Step 3 - a final "interview day" at the office where, according to the schedule sent by the recruiter, I was supposed to spend time with all the other interviewees, have lunch, and have chats with the vice presidents (or other higher-ups, I don't remember specifically). None of this happened. I basically sat alone in a small room for hours while three employees (one was a senior consultant - the "real" interviewer, the other two were not consultants, more tech people) intermittently came in and informally interviewed me. One of the tech guys did not want to interview me at all, and at one point he became completely silent and started blankly staring at me. A few minutes later he said he was testing my comfort with silence...

Interview Questions

Model N Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Wow, this was a horrible experience for you - thank you for bringing it to our attention. Obviously, we want all our candidates to have a positive introduction to Model N. Your remarks have been... More

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Princeton, NJ. The process took a few weeks with a normal phone screening and some excel testing. This was followed up by a series of in person interviews all about different subjects. The people I got to talk with were very nice and excited to interview prospective hires

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

1st contact phone interview with HR, basic fit questions. 2nd round is a case study using excel formulas and a powerpoint, plus another phone interview. Final round; 3 interviews, how your skills match needs of the role, know agile development and model N business.

Interview Questions

• What is revenue management? Why consulting?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

Applied through my university's career services website. Round 1 is a simple phone interview with all behavioral questions. Round 2 is a phone interview with a simple excel case. Round 3 is another phone interview. All the people I spoke with were very nice and professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Model N in August 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews since i'm remote. Manager->entry level engineer->his boss, under manager. Standard data structure questions. the 2 managers asked basic java questions. but the young engineer asked a hard one.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Did phone screening with the hiring manager, talked about background and qualifications. Then was asked some technical screening questions about datawarehousing and algorithms.

The questions were about problems they seemed to have encountered in their daily work. There was also a discussion about my background with having me explain what I did in the past. The engineers I talked to were friendly and informal, making sure I was comfortable.

The office was the usual cube farm with manager offices in front of the windows. There was a kitchen area with a snack machine, water tea and coffee,

Interview Questions

• Come up with a priority queue implementation in Java on the whiteboard.   1 Answer
    • In a data warehouse schema how do you model time frames for contracts, so that you can query by quarter, date, etc   Answer Question

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Don't waste your time with this company! I applied on-line. I was contacted by a representative who interviewed me at length by phone. She found my experience and credentials to be outstanding. (I have 12 years of highly successful experience as a New Business Development Director with software and IT companies). This person said she would "definitely" set up an in-person interview with the manager at "Model N" and that this meeting would occur "in the next couple of days". Five days went by and I did not hear from anyone so I emailed the representative - not once but three times over a several day period. I finally received an email reply from the representative stating, unbelievably, the manager has decided not to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your successes.   1 Answer