Model N Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

3.1

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Don't waste your time with this company! I applied on-line. I was contacted by a representative who interviewed me at length by phone. She found my experience and credentials to be outstanding. (I have 12 years of highly successful experience as a New Business Development Director with software and IT companies). This person said she would "definitely" set up an in-person interview with the manager at "Model N" and that this meeting would occur "in the next couple of days". Five days went by and I did not hear from anyone so I emailed the representative - not once but three times over a several day period. I finally received an email reply from the representative stating, unbelievably, the manager has decided not to interview me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your successes.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Model N in December 2016.

Interview

It took 1+ month for the interview. Phone screen with HR and set up meeting with hiring manager 2 weeks later. Onsite interview with hiring manager per urgent request and no response after that. Please respect the candidate's time the same as your time. Worst interview experience ever. It is not the company I would consider in the future.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very welcomed by the receptionist. I was supposed to be greeted by the recruiter, wait for 15 minutes and realized the recruiter wasn't even in the office. Interview with the hiring manager went really well. Afterwards, I was left in the conference room. I think the hiring manager thought recruiting would take care of me, but no one came for me. So I checked in with the front desk again to make sure I was good to go. The second interview, I was juggled around a couple times. I was supposed to see 3 people: the recruiter and 2 executives. 1 executive had to cancel and the recruiter didn't show up again. The recruiting coordinator came both times to help me after waiting so long. The recruiter followed up and said I did great and she'll get back to me. I waited 3 weeks and decided to just call her to find out the news. It's too bad, I really liked the hiring manager, but I'm more disappointed in the candidate experience. An email would've been nice and at least the recruiting department to care more about their candidates onsite. Kudos to the receptionist for being so hospitable!

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Model N (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Stern, combs your past work projects with a toothpick. Definetly won't be making any friends or exchanging too many niceties. Just be ready for a very dramatic drawn out interview like in the movies.

Interview Questions

• What were 5 projects you worked on during that time and how did they function from an engineering perspective   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N.

Interview

After a screening by the recruiter, I was given 30 minutes with three individuals who were peers. The interviewers seemed almost antagonistic, and one threw down my resume and exclaimed that I had no product marketing experience, even though my last several jobs had that in the title and I have 10+ years of experience. All inferred that managers were difficult, and some felt they were micromanaged.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle very opinionated managers, especially when you don't agree with them?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Disaster! They don't know what they want, extremely unprofessional people. They will say one day that you have been selected and next day will schedule one more interview. They dont have a clear process for hiring, lot of chaos in the company no clear roles and responsibilities for anyone.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process included several rounds, each with a different purpose. In person interviews, phone interviews, and case study questions were all included. All interviewers were very nice and genuinely cared about insuring the candidates were the right fit for the position and company.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Princeton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Princeton, NJ. The process took a few weeks with a normal phone screening and some excel testing. This was followed up by a series of in person interviews all about different subjects. The people I got to talk with were very nice and excited to interview prospective hires

Negotiation

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Model N (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, I didn't really apply - just handed my resume to a recruiter at a career fair and they contacted me and asked me to apply. Recruiter was very friendly and easy-going, but the interview process seems to be a bit disorganized. They put up a facade of having an established systematic interview process, but there is definitely room for improvement...

Step 1 - quick phone screen with recruiter; she forgot to call me the first time and we had to reschedule.
    Step 2 - another quick phone screen with an associate consultant AND a "case exam" that was administered via DropBox/email - it was basically a test of simple business/data analysis skills and basic business-y Excel functions.
    Step 3 - a final "interview day" at the office where, according to the schedule sent by the recruiter, I was supposed to spend time with all the other interviewees, have lunch, and have chats with the vice presidents (or other higher-ups, I don't remember specifically). None of this happened. I basically sat alone in a small room for hours while three employees (one was a senior consultant - the "real" interviewer, the other two were not consultants, more tech people) intermittently came in and informally interviewed me. One of the tech guys did not want to interview me at all, and at one point he became completely silent and started blankly staring at me. A few minutes later he said he was testing my comfort with silence...

Interview Questions

Model N Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Wow, this was a horrible experience for you - thank you for bringing it to our attention. Obviously, we want all our candidates to have a positive introduction to Model N. Your remarks have been... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Model N in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then 2 weeks later received email to setup phone screens.
    Recruiter was nice and professional. Manager difficult and hostile.
    Blind sided me with questions over languages I programmed in 20 years ago.
    Why remember old technology and demote my skill set? I was not happy with phone screen
    because I told the hiring manager I didn't want to continue the interview. The manager
    pressured me to continue the interview so he could turn around and turn me down.
    Corrupt interview tactics by the manager which I don't understand.

Interview Questions

• Can you show me how you would design a database from scratch normalized to 3rd level?   Answer Question