Model N Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zack Rinat

Pros
  • Collaborative culture with good work/life balance and core values (in 21 reviews)

• Work from home is a nice option that helps to maintain balance between professional and personal life (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance seems to go away as you move up in the company - seems typical to most companies though (in 12 reviews)

• there will no career growth in this company because they don't want to upgrade the technology (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Smart people, good products"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Model N full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Model N has some of the smartest people in town working for them. You are absolutely judged by your coworkers for your contributions. The people here are willing to share ideas and you are encouraged to try new things. I have learned a ton since working here

Cons

We are a software company with a substantial technical debt. The good news is that we are a leader in the revenue management space, the bad news is 80% of our revenue comes from a legacy product.

Advice to Management

We need to establish and share a clear vision of our direction and next steps. Our employees need to better understand where were are going and how we plan to get there.

2. "I enjoyed my time"

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

I worked for Model N for a year following acquisition of the company I worked for. The work was challenging and the growth potential limited only by individual desire. The high tech management team was engaged, focused, competent and supportive of employees

Cons

Lots of work, big workloads but not more so than similar environments I have been in

Advice to Management

Work to understand root causes of attrition and stabilize it

3. "OK"

I worked at Model N full-time

Pros

Targeted market, global presence, a number of smart people working there. Transforming to cloud solutions is promising so hopefully that works out well. Company was able to go IPO, though stock hasn't performed.

Cons

Trying to modernize old school apps proves to be challenging without total re-writes. A number of good people have left, particularly after the IPO.

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

There are some highly talented individuals who care about their customers and the success of the company. The original products were good and well received in the marketplace.

Cons

The Captain of the Ship (CEO) was fired. There is lots of turn-over in management that leads to chaos. Policies and procedures change overnight without informing the worker bees. The product quality is terrible and is very buggy. The work environment is very stressful and we work long hours will little recognition.

Advice to Management

Create a long lasting vision for the company, minimize the number of product platforms, create a working Salesforce strategy, and establish a quality environment in which good people can succeed.

6. "Great trajectory or dead-end, depending on the vertical and function"

I worked at Model N full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Autonomy, open work from home policy
    -Some extremely smart and motivated individuals

Cons

-Constantly changing leadership
    -Technical Debt
    -Compensation not on par with Silicon Valley if you're skills are transferable elsewhere

Advice to Management

Foster career and skills growth for your employees, and take risks on them.

7. "Model N is a great company to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Model N compensation is on par with the industry standard
    2. There is a flexibility in the work hours, so it will be helpful if we have some personal commitments.
    3. Benefits are great.

Cons

The job requires more travel, since the product has to be implemented at the client place.

Advice to Management

You have a very good leadership quality. It would be great if we get more customers

8. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Model N full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Model N truly, honestly cares about their employees. They listen, they treat me like a human, not a number.

Cons

Nothing to complain about! I have worked there for a year and am truly satisfied. I have not had a raise since I have started, that would be nice :)

9. "Principal Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Pros

Very intelligent co workers and company employees

Cons

Easy to get burned out due to high work load, never enough qualified resources or training.

10. "Developer"

Pros

Good Facilities , Cafeteria , Motivated team

Cons

Less activities other than work

Advice to Management

More collaboration between teams

"Should be fair and equal"

I have been working at Model N full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good people in the company that are very open and personable. I would consider this somewhat 'flat', at least is the LS PS side of things. Although, this does depend on the team/project at the time.

Cons

They should standardize the interview process, it doesn't make sense to me to have certain candidates going through 3-5 levels of interviews AND performing a case study while others only are interviewed by one person with no assessment of skill and hired on the spot. This is absolutely ridiculous! Also, they need to standardize the whole training process as well. Not everyone receives the same kind of opportunity and that stinks.

Advice to Management

Focus on establishing a methodology first and then hire like crazy. It's not organized at all.