KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 238 of over 366 reviews

3.8
Model N CEO Jason Blessing
Jason Blessing
Pros
  • "Great work culture and good work life balance(in 44 reviews)

• "Great team, collaborative work environment, recognition(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The biggest (recent) investment in employee wellness and work-life balance are the 5 quarterly wellness days(in 18 reviews)

• "I understand that projects are staffed however they need, but in terms of career growth, this felt very stunting(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Model N and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work environment

Jul 25, 2021 - Director%2C Finance in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in. Management takes core values very seriously and puts in meaningful strategies to make it a great place to work.

Cons

None really - good software company to work for in silicon valley.

Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. It’s a thrill to hear that you feel so positively about the values-driven culture we work very hard to uphold. We know that our people are what makes us successful, so we create our programs and processes with intention. Please connect with the People Team if you have any recommendations to make Model N even better.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Negative Experience in Sales

Sep 1, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comp Plan People outside of sales

Cons

I had a negative experience. I do not recommend a software sales role with the current leadership in place.

Employee Experience Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Leadership capability has been and will continue to be a top priority for Model N. We encourage current employees to connect with the People Team for support.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

After 2 years with Model N

Jul 8, 2021 - Customer Support Analyst in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is great! These are some of the best people I have had the chance to work with so far in my career in regards to knowledge transfer and assistance in learning new operations. This is a very positive and encouraging workplace and your voice is always heard. The customers and opportunities to network with Life Sciences / High Tech are huge! The CEO and C-Class team is very engaging with the rest of the workplace. Always excited to hear updates on the business and how we are doing as a company.

Cons

I would have to say the custom software to an extent. It is not the most difficult thing to learn, but only a few people know how it truly operates end to end. We are currently documenting every process to resolve this one con. Second con I would say is that we just need more heads in some departments. Its a constant struggle to work/life balance around the business needs without worrying if there is anyone available to pick up the slack.

Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments. It is extremely encouraging to hear that you feel heard and engaged with various levels of our team. As we continue to navigate uncharted terrain, we are regularly examining various impacts on our workforce. If you have any suggestions, we encourage you to connect with our People Team.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Horrible Sales Environment

Aug 12, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people outside of senior leadership.

Cons

Read the review "Warning: Sales Nightmare". That review is 100% on target. The CRO is a demeaning, bullying egomaniac. This is the worst sales organization I have ever worked for. Read the quarterly earnings announcements. The entire revenue stream comes from a few, high profile perpetual license to SaaS conversions. Only one or two new logos are obtained per quarter. The sales team pursuing new customers is starving. Culture is totally command and control. Sales directors/VP's reporting to the CRO are scared puppies, doing whatever he says. Run away from this company if you are recruited for a sales position!

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts. We regret to hear about your experience and are actively working to improve upon any unfavorable experiences within our team. As a current employee, we welcome you to connect with the People Team to address your concerns.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, treats everyone fairly

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company, supportive work environment, good benefits.

Cons

Corporate culture is a little stuffy, new HR policies are pretty ‘woke’.

Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you sharing your comments. It gives us enormous pride and gratification to hear how our direct focus on a company-wide commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is reinforced by the great progress employees are seeing in reference to the equitable treatment of our employees. Given that this is a high priority for Model N, we look forward to continuing to build upon our culture of inclusion and belonging.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

N/a

Jun 9, 2021 - Senior Director in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work and good culture.

Cons

No cons I can think of

Employee Experience Lead

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We are happy to know that you’re having a great experience! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to enhance our culture.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Its one of the best companies to work for

Apr 29, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I didnt find any cons

Employee Experience Lead

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your thoughts. We strive everyday for this to be a reality for all of our employees.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great work-life balance

Apr 12, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance...essentially a sinecure. - A few good people - Strong brand among customers - Deeply entrenched products with high switching costs - Near monopoly, so strong and reliable revenues

Cons

- Antiquated technology - Total lack of process and very weak product leadership - Lots of politics

Employee Experience Lead

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We continue to be excited about our product journey, the evolution of our customer offerings, and the strength of our team.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Model N People Team (HR Partners)

Feb 11, 2021 - Associate Director of Development in Morrisville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super organized, have all the information to on-board all of the new employees (through merger) , very responsive

Cons

Nothing found as of now

Employee Experience Lead

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear that you’ve had a supportive experience in your transition. Please let the People Team know if there is anything more we can do!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Lots of Progress & a Bright Future

Jan 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Model N has gone thru a transformation over the past couple of years to what insiders call "the new Model N". The company is refocused on its two core verticals of Life Sciences and High Tech and very focused on customer success. Model N also has a great culture and is very much like a family. The team is also a good blend of exerprienced, smart Model N veterans and new people that all blend together very well. The few negative reviews here are clearly by disgruntled individuals who didn't work out for whatever reason but those reviews are not at all indicative of my experience or the broader Model N experience. One final thing - the company has really gone above and beyond to be empathetic to employees during the pandemic with stipends for home office expenses, wellness days, etc.

Cons

No real cons, just the typical stuff you see in a Silicon Valley software company - need to drive more innovation, long hours at times, etc.

Employee Experience Lead

We are appreciative that you took time to leave us a review. We are working hard every day to make sure our employees enjoy their time with us, and will continue to do so.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 238 Reviews