Mutual Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.1

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

I was given a take home code test where I needed to develop a "Master-Detail" style app in swift. Then did a google hangout with two of their iOS engineers. They asked questions about different iOS concepts and technologies leaving me to expand as little or as much as i wanted on them.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile.

Interview

I got a call for an on-site interview after a week and the interview was set up within the next few days. Everybody I spoke to was very friendly and my interview was fairly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied online. I first got a call from HR, she asked general information about me. Then she scheduled a telephonic interview with an android engineer in a week.

Interview went so well I answered almost all the questions correctly, don't know the reason behind my rejection. Apparently, they got a better candidate.

The HR emailed me that even though they think I have an excellent skill set, the team has decided to move forward with another candidate at this time.

Interview Questions

• what kind of android applications which you have previously worked on?   Answer Question
    • What are Activities, Services, Broadcast receivers ? When and how do we use them?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with android Square libraries?   Answer Question
    • How do we send data form one activity to another? What do we use intents in android?
      What is Bundle in android ? Why do you use them ?   Answer Question
    • Ho do we use Restful APIs ? Difference between POST and PUT request?
      Questions related to UI in android   Answer Question

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple screening/intro calls followed by day of in-person interviews (some 1:1 some group. across a variety of disciplines); follow up interviews/calls then negotiations. Some of the group interviews were very casual; some of the 1:1s yielded very different perspectives. Trying to identify the true culture was difficult. Some were upbeat and passionate and hopeful, others seemed more cautious, even calloused.

Interview Questions

• Experience with software and familiarity with Agile Processes (named multiple books, articles); discussions on latest tech innovations

They seemed to be big on the latest "fad" business books, especially as related to software development processes and LEAN type articles. A review or ability to discuss those would probably go a long way, even for those positions that are more "business" than "Tech"   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone screen, which we scheduled for the next day. Spoke on the phone with one of their HR reps for about 30 minutes. Was emailed again a few hours later to schedule an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with the Facilities Manager and the existing Facilities Coordinator who was leaving to attend school. We spoke mostly about my interest in the position and how I'd be a fit at the company. I was overqualified for the role and the pay was not enough for me to consider it seriously, but I made a friend in the Facilities Coordinator and still think very highly of the company. If better fitting role became available I'd apply.

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile.

Interview

lasts for around 45 mins, with two Android Engineering, most of the questions are technique questions, such as what is Activity? Have you used AsynTask, Or Have you used XML, and there are some difficult technique questions such as, could you design an App that can change the languages when the user open the app.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question are based on Android, None of them are about Algorithm and Java   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contact with a recruiter who asked basic background questions. Then there was an one hour phone screening with 2 engineers with Android specific technical questions. A few java but no algorithms or puzzles. I did not get to the next step. Overall they are very professional and seems organized with the process.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions were more situational and not many technical questions. Was asked what the key difference is testing on iOS vs. testing on Android. The phone interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. Was pretty straight forward and you get a good feel of what the QA team is like and how they operate.

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had been told to avoid this company by clients and past employees, though more recently I heard that they had a few smart additions to the team. I accepted the request for an interview with an open mind. The initial steps seemed organized, but it deteriorated after that. My feedback from the interview process mirrors what employers wrote in their reviews. It seemed like a very immature organization with more effort spent on achieving a young, hip, and hyped-up environment than achieving business goals. I didn't get the impression that anyone there had any management or business development skills. It isn't a work environment for anyone who is looking for a serious career.

Interview Questions

• Their interview questions were really unmemorable. The questions I asked them was likely harder for them to answer than any technical question would have been.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual Mobile (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I did the initial phone screen on the sidewalk outside a bar i was drinking at and was a little buzzed. didnt take it at all seriously and couldnt hear a word they said but i advanced to the technical interview. The technical interview consisted of a screenshared coding exercise during a google hangout which android fundamentals and best practices. After this they asked me how I would analyze/implement a mockup of a user interface. I learned later that the main reason I was hired was because my jokes were funny and I was easy to work with and that they had lazily broken their own interview process protocol multiple times throughout this endeavor.

Interview Questions

• Use an AsyncTask to hit a web API and update the UI accordingly   1 Answer