Mutual Mobile Reviews
94% would recommend to a friend
(213 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are a few great people" (in 23 reviews)
- "Overall encourages a good culture." (in 18 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 15 reviews)
- "1. Work culture is great." (in 10 reviews)
- "Its great being a part of a team where everyone cares about their work and are always trying to improve." (in 8 reviews)
- "Management is very poor (see below)" (in 9 reviews)
- "Leadership is a complete joke and shouldn’t be running a business" (in 9 reviews)
- "Result is management made quite a few wrong layoffs earlier." (in 6 reviews)
- "As someone else said, there are some office politics but that's pretty typical." (in 3 reviews)
- "'Other' CEO is egotistical and thinks he's running Amazon" (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Veteran Status
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mutual Mobile and is not affected by filters.
Found 213 of over 227 reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jun 7, 2023Cloud Support EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearIndia, TX
I had the pleasure of working at Mutual Mobile for almost a year, and I can confidently say that it was an exceptional experience from start to finish.
Throughout my time with the company, I couldn't find any significant cons that would detract from my overall positive impression.
- 1.0Nov 4, 2021Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
The past Mutual Mobile was a great place to work, vibrant and full of smart people. ( 5+ years ago)
Over the past 5 years this place turned into a place devoid of all vision, coordination, leadership. It turned to cost cutting by laying off all senior engineers and leadership that was any good. They keep the US office to save face all the people who were working in the USA were pretty junior (inexpensive) and they moved the other work to India.5Mutual Mobile Response3y
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. We are not just an Austin company anymore but a global company with a borderless workforce. Adapting to market changes, our new management has adapted its delivery model to service our clients using international borderless teams relying less on Austin-only talent. Our teams are now spread across North America, LATAM, Eastern Europe, and India. It is a new digital world, and we are aligned to the future! Our reviews are neither fake nor are they campaign-based. Our global workforce expresses genuine opinions and reflects how they feel about working with stable management since 2015, which has taken over every aspect of the company and guides it with a steady hand. If you would like to understand more, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
- 5.0Feb 10, 2022Family Nurse PractitionerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAustin, TX
Great time off, Great benefits, they take care of you. For example they pay for CME. Great health and other insurances.
Doctors own the stock and will not give shares to mid-level providers1
- 5.0Jun 7, 2021Senior Vice-PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearArlington, TX
Mutual Mobile encourages all employees to develop solutions and solve problems together without needing to go through an old school hierarchy. Senior Management is very transparent and inclusive. For those that are proactive, knowledgeable and curious, it is a wonderful environment.
For people who need to be directed on a daily basis, this is not the place.
- 5.0Jun 24, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Company provides great benefits, fun events. A lot of talented & awesome people working together!
Can't think of any at this moment.
- 1.0Aug 12, 2021Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
surrounded by lots of really smart people Fun projects to work on
Leadership is a complete joke and shouldn’t be running a business3Mutual Mobile Response3y
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel about us. While we are not perfect, we can confidently say that this is not how we work with our employees or focus on our business. We always provide our employees with opportunities to reach out to us through: 1. Frequent 1-1s with Reporting Managers 2. Quarterly All-hands 3. Reminders in almost every meeting to reach out to Leadership directly regarding 'any' concerns We are proud to say that during the challenging COVID-19 times, through our business planning, we not only retained all of our employees but grew the team by about 50%. I still want to hear you out and resolve this lingering unpleasant feeling you have. Can you reach out to us at email@example.com so that we can get in touch? Please put "For Aditya" in the subject line.
- 1.0Feb 4, 2020EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
I've been able to work with some of the smartest people in my career while working here. Although there has been a lot of turmoil throughout the years, I've learned a careers worth of knowledge from those around me.
- Management has been encouraging 5 star reviews to help bolster the companies Glassdoor reviews in order to attract anyone to come work for the company. - Half the company has been laid off in the last 6 months. - Pradeep, the new President, tells people what they want to hear in order to get them to stay and then will turn around and do the exact opposite. He also has compared the people he laid off to "horses" that he had to sell off to buy "carts" because they weren't "worth their salary" - John Arrow, the CEO, pretends to care, but sees the company as his personal piggy bank. He wouldn't even answer how much his salary was during a company meeting because he knew it would shock people when the company is struggling to stay afloat. - All the work is being sent to the India office because they are cheaper labor. I've even heard conversations about flying people over for client onsites in order to give the impression that they were US based employees. - Management tries to reinvent the company every 2 years as new tech comes out instead of learning how to sell the stuff we are good at.18
Mutual Mobile Reviews FAQs
Mutual Mobile has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 227 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Mutual Mobile to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
94% of Mutual Mobile employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mutual Mobile 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.