NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NCSOFT

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

One round phone call interview and one on-site interview which in Aliso Viejo, California. Great engineers and nice HR. Large office for Game developers and engineers. Easy algorithms and data structure questions.

Interview Questions

• algorithms and data structures questions.   1 Answer

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple (at the time).

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred in by a friend, had lunch with the potential hiring manager, then a phone screen by the primary recruiter, and finally an on-site interview with senior leadership of NCSOFT West.

Senior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth due to great instructions and the time on-site was scheduled appropriately to provide good windows of time to meet with associated departments and staff. ..good conversations and questions/answers shared on both sides.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the potential loss or change of your visual work throughout any given process or specific project?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by the internal recruiter for a phone screening which led to a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. Once onsite I met with stakeholders of multiple teams to understand how my work would affect their department and how I would be assisting them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work with someone who wasn't data "savvy"   Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I received a phone call from HR to discuss the job, the studio, and my interest in coming in for an on-site interview. I was able to do the onsite interview just days after the initial phone call. The onsite consisted of lunch with the team, and multiple 30-45 min interviews with different disciplines on the team. Everyone was very friendly, so it made it for a more comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a game that you think has good game design, and one that has bad game design and explain why.   Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

-Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
    -Contacted by the company for a phone interview
    -Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
    -Given an art test (1 week deadline)
    -Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   1 Answer
    • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   1 Answer

Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Product Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for phone screen shortly after. The recruiter was very monotone probably one of the most awkward phone screens I've had with lots of silent moments and long pauses. The position has been open for several months without anyone being hired which makes you wonder if it is the low pay they are offering for a PMM position $100k or is the company not as great as we think it is for a gaming company.