NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2018

2.7

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple (at the time).

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

-Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
    -Contacted by the company for a phone interview
    -Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
    -Given an art test (1 week deadline)
    -Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   1 Answer
    • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   1 Answer

Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, and received an automated response immediately. A day later I got an email from the recruiter requesting a phone screen, which was set up for two days later. The recruiter was late calling me, but it was a pretty standard phone screen. She sounded extremely optimistic about my chances and told me there would be no test because they were impressed with my portfolio, even though she seemed to be looking at an old link. Their website saves information from past applications, she said, so she had the wrong link. I gave her the correct new link, with which I had applied, and made sure she had my most current resume, which she did not, even though I submitted it on their site. She told me the next step was setting up a phone interview with the art director. After that there was no more communication and a week and a half later I received a rejection letter. I was left with the distinct feeling that their recruiting department has some issues to sort through.

Interview Questions

• Standard first screen questions, salary requirements, employment eligibility, work history.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT in September 2017.

Interview

The first round will be a coding challenge where they will send you a test with 1 week limit. I spent significant time on the problems. I mailed them 3 times for the feedback. Finally they sent a rejection after 3-4 weeks briefly explaining the answers . Question was nice but you can find them easily in the internet..I answered all of them correctly but I think they don't care about your solution. It's just a selection round if your resume has weight you will be called for the next round.

IT Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one onsite interview. The first scheduled interview the interviewer was not available and we had to reschedule. One of the other phone interviews I had to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes waiting for the interviewer. These people never got back to me after the final interview and while that seems typical these days, after having FIVE interviews it just seems tacky and disrespectful of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of technical questions as well as more procedural/situational questions.   Answer Question

Q A Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT in June 2015.

Interview

30-minute phone interview regarding your job experience, skills, knowledge of game industry, and some technical questions. Then a couple days later, I was invited for an in-person interview. I was given a brief on the company policies and benefits. I then did a panel interview which lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing?   1 Answer

Lead Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

After initial contact, I interviewed over the phone with the Lead Designer & Sr. Level Designer before coming on-site for a full day of interviewing with members from all disciplines of the studio. The team was both welcoming & very knowledgeable, asking insightful questions throughout the process while keeping things friendly & easygoing.

Interview Questions

• [Utilizing a whiteboard] Draw a new playspace for a game familiar to you and explain the thoughts/processes that go into the design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

One round phone call interview and one on-site interview which in Aliso Viejo, California. Great engineers and nice HR. Large office for Game developers and engineers. Easy algorithms and data structure questions.

Interview Questions

• algorithms and data structures questions.   1 Answer