NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I was really impressed with how streamlined and organized the interview process was. I spoke with the recruiter and then went for the in-person interview. This was the only in-person interview I'm ever had which had multiple copies of my resume printed, the print out version of the PDF I received ahead of time of the schedule with name and position of each person I'd be talking to, and even a printed benefits overview for me to take home. There was also the opportunity to speak with team members in other offices via teleconference.

It was a long afternoon of interviews but they went by fast as I had the opportunity to speak with multiple team members from different groups. Everyone was very sharp and asked the right questions to gauge both experience level and cultural fit.

In addition the company as many game companies was going through a transition, but I was really impressed with the positive outlook and realness that the team expressed.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I think reflected highly on the company.

Interview Questions

• Standard experience and role related questions - but also culture fit questions. A fun one was if I could only do one job what would it be?   1 Answer

NCSOFT Response

Aug 28, 2019 – Director, Recruiting

We are thrilled that you had a great candidate experience with us, and look forward to continuing that great experience as an employee at NCSOFT!

Senior Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT in June 2020.

Interview

Since this is in the midst of the COVID Pandemic, interview was conducted remotely. Everyone I spoke with had prepped and spoke intelligently about the position, the company and what was expected in the role. They asked good, pertinent questions with few "filler" or "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a system that you've designed in the past and how you would do it differently, now.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (San Diego, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Game Evaluation Analyst (Contract) - A few phone interviews and then an easy round robin of online chat interviews with some very interesting individuals. A very casual and comfortable experience especially during these trying times.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 influential games in the past decade and why   1 Answer

Sound Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

An opportunity came around for their internship and I was asked to apply. I had applied before for a full-time position. I received great feedback from my last interview, so this experience was just as informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you design for creatures without the use of animal sounds?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with audio middleware? (FMOD, Wwise, etc.)   1 Answer
    • What is a game you would consider to have bad sound design?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle deadlines and how do you determine which task is the most important?   1 Answer

Sound Design Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA) in April 2020.

Interview

I had 3 interviews in total: A 30 min. interview with the Technical recruiter, a 1 hour Interview with the Sr. Technical Sound Designer, and a 1 Hour interview with 2 Sr. Sound Designers. Everyone was professional, welcoming, and informative. It was great to learn about the role and the company culture at Arenanet/NCSOFT. Each interview felt like a conversation I would have at a game audio meet-up or conference. Dare I say, it was enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a creature sound?   1 Answer
    • What game do you consider to have great sound design?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a client that had difficulty communicating what they wanted in a sound asset?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Foster City, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied like a few weeks ago, and got a phone interview in a few short days, which then lead to a HR phone interview to an onsite interview in less than two weeks. Then I had an interview with 6 people, 30 minutes for the each two people that interviewed me, and the last two were seperate to wrap things up.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked where what would you do in a difficult situation where there is no Lead QA to close the ticket   1 Answer

Desktop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

The interview process with NCSoft was well structured, efficient, and communicated clearly. I felt that appropriate questions were asked based on the job description, so it was easy to prepare. Whenever there was a question or conflict with scheduling, the recruiters at NCSoft were quick to adapt.

Storefront Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Submitted my resume, had the standard HR screening call, followed up by the Director phone call. My in-person interview was scheduled a week later.
    Once I arrived, there was water, and several copies of my resume already printed up by the Senior HR Rep. It was a panel interview, and every interviewer was timely, friendly, and had great questions.
    Every one of them opened up with how the position I was applying for related to their job and expectations.
    Overall, it was one of the best interview processes I have had the pleasure of participating in.

Interview Questions

• Do you play the game (Blade & Soul).   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

There was only one round after I applied online. Process was quick, basic and friendly. I was shown to the whole team and everyone asked me questions. Whiteboard experience required. Be confident enough.

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Aliso Viejo, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred in by a friend, had lunch with the potential hiring manager, then a phone screen by the primary recruiter, and finally an on-site interview with senior leadership of NCSOFT West.