Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.4

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Very Little, should have been a warning flag, the company did not have a firm direction and lacked a true vetting process. This may not be the case across the company but I was very surprised of the questions that could have been asked but was not.

Reverse/HUD I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Just an awful experience. Phone interview lead to in person interview for the reverse mortgage specialist. First half hour was with a lady and a man. I think they were team members and weren't very enthused to be interviewing. The lady mistook one of my answers for not meeting my metrics at my previous job and I had to keep reminding her I did. I made sure to emphasize I did in my answer. Later in the interview she asked a question about a time. I gave a situation with a driving job and she seemed upset and asked me the same question again but with my other position that was a call center environment though the question was just about dealing with an angry customer, not an angry customer in a call center environment. After that they brought in a manager who pretty much went over same questions but was much nicer. She told me that they hire 10 or so people first before setting up a start date and it takes a week to hear something back. After 2 weeks I didn't hear anything I called the recruiter who told me my profile said nothing so he assumed that meant they weren't going ahead with me. However he did set me up for an interview for HUD 1 specialist the following day. Met with a woman who was much nicer and asked same questions and seem to accept my answers. Then at the end she told me I wouldn't be hired in time for upcoming class because it was starting so soon. The next day I received an email saying I wouldn't be moving on. Just bad communication all around and people who are interviewing shouldn't be interviewing candidates without any training. They happily waste your time just so they can get a break from whatever they're doing to interview for jobs not even open. It's disgusting that companies do this and waste candidates time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in December 2016.

Interview

Their process is pretty broken, that was the case at least with me.
    I applied for a software engineer role, that had a pretty generic description and software dev activities.
    Post a short HR phone screen, I was scheduled to meet the manager directly.
    During the interview, the manager walked me through job responsibilities which were nothing on the lines of a software engineer role as in the description.
    It was about using an existing tool, adding JS snippets to design some forms. That's it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview literally lasted about 15 mins.
    I was only asked about 4 questions, then asked if I had any questions afterwards. I asked 3 questions.
    I was interviewed by two men. They didn't seem to interested in anything I had to say, which is probably why my interview ended so quickly.
    Even if you're not interested in the candidate you can still be considerate of the time they took out of their day to meet you, and make them feel comfortable and not like it's an interogation.
    I've never left a interview feeling so down or unsure of myself.
    It was just a weird interview for me.
    I may be reading to much into it, but I'm sure I won't be getting a call back

Interview Questions

• Tell something about yourself   1 Answer

Mortgage Processing (Not Specified) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

To begin, I was scheduled for a phone screen with the staffing agency for 1:30, recruiter didn't call until 3 hours later, stating she had computer issues. I felt it wouldn't have did any harm, for her to call and say, she was having computer issues or whatever the case may have been and rescheduled for a later time. An in person interview was scheduled, I arrived, waited about 10 minutes to interview. I was asked about 3 questions, and then I was asked if I had any questions. I asked 2 times which position was I been interviewed for and was told they had positions in several departments and I would be considered for something in one of those departments, a recruiter would be contacting me for the next steps. A day later (Friday), I received a follow-up email stating I was still being considered for employment and I would continue receiving updates. The following Monday I received a voicemail at almost 6pm to schedule a 2nd interview. Contacted the recruiter the next day, and was told the manager I was being scheduled with was out and she was trying to set me up with another manager. Shortly after speaking with her, I received an from the staffing agency saying that all pending offers were postponed for 30 days, due to unforeseen delays and they were still interested in speaking with me. The whole process has been unorganized and unprofessional and at this point, I don't think I would continue to consider employment with nationstar

Second Level Review Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The manager described the positon details and did not ask any questions. The manager did not seemed prepared and once the position was described in began to ask additional clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• I asked all the questions about the job. I was told I would hear back in a week. I didn't hear back from the recruiter or manager. I followed up with both and no one responded.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Longview, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to job fair interview was great. I was told they would have a panel interview & presentation for later. Followed up with recruiter & interviewer 3 weeks later with no response. I'm still hoping to get the call.

Interview Questions

• Have you trained with 25 or more in a classroom?   1 Answer

Litigation Foreclosure Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an HR rep after a little over a month. The entire process had red flags. Phone interview seemed rushed and the representative did not seem to be paying attention to my answers to her questions. Scheduled an in-person interview for the next day and the person's name i was provided with was not the same as the people I met the next day. Hiring managers were 15 minutes late, however, they asked some good behavioral questions and were very nice. I received an email a week later from the HR rep to contact her. When I spoke with her she offered me the position for the same salary I'm currently making. I countered slightly over since she advised nothing else was negotiable. She said she would speak to the hiring manager and get back with me. I never heard back even after sending a follow up email. Felt like HR was extremely unprofessional and should have at least notified me that my counter offer was not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your biggest accomplishment, professionally or personally?   Answer Question

Nationstar Mortgage Response

Aug 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

I'm very sorry your phone interview felt "rushed" we try to provide the best possible candidate experience at all times. We take the interview process very seriously and have been investing a lot of ... More

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prosper, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Prosper, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Worse experience I've ever had with an interview process. Interviewers were late and then the HR person pulled a "bait and switch" after I countered their job offer when they low balled me. Never heard back after following up then received the generic HR email a month later stating the company decided to interview other applicants. Seems like their process is out of whack and desperately needs some improvements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Good process, good interview and better than most. Interview was on time, I didn't have to wait around like at other companies. Recruiters were good and very friendly, mgr was ok (manager could have been better prepared but, better than most). They were also timely getting back to me with positive feedback and next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver a better customer experience? What have you done lately to deliver a better customer experience?   1 Answer