Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nationstar Mortgage

2.5

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was hired by an employee referral. I first interviewed by phone, then I met with my supervisor who spent quite a bit of time with me. Several days later I received the offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Would I be will to relocate.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Was emailed about a phone interview from a recruiter. I had the phone interview; that same day I received an email from the recruiter asking for me to do an in-house interview. At the in-house interview I was interviewed by a Paralegal who admitted, "I'm not an interviewer." She barely asked me any questions, and I did most of the talking. I got an email 2 weeks later saying that I did not receive the job. It was the weirdest interview I have ever been through.

Audit Senior Interview

Interview

Interview process was great, met with three different people, they spoke highly of the company and explained the position very well. Everything in the interview was exactly what I would be doing in my new position.

Negotiation

NA

Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an HR recruiter like most others on here through LinkedIn. The first phone call he said he would send me some "useful info" to prep me for an online interview using bluejeans. Right before he hung up the phone he rattled off a high salary amount and asked if I was ok with that. Immediately thought, SCAM, or just unprofessional. Same thing really. Scheduled the online meet for the next afternoon and received 3 different rescheduling emails that night and never received this "prep info"(not that I think it would be useful). Day of the wet finally, got a call at 9am to verify I was going to attend which I noticed on caller id so I ignored to see how this would turn out. 10 mins before the meet I get another call making sure I was attending. I was prepped and ready (for the gym) and was asked if I reviewed the info he had sent me. I said I had never got any info, he verified "he forgot" and he suggested we not go through with the meeting and he would make sure to send the email and reschedule AGAIN. Never received an email or rescheduling notice through Google so 2 days later I sent them an email and thanked them for their interest but I would be withdrawing. Not that this would make a difference for anyone, but I felt someone should project some professionalism. I'm assuming this is a poorly practiced prescreening technique but I will not work for a company that acts like a couple of prank callers when I have serious goals with my career. Spent about a week doing this total but it was fun to speculate what they would say.

Interview Questions

• Did you review the "material" I sent you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in December 2016.

Interview

Their process is pretty broken, that was the case at least with me.
    I applied for a software engineer role, that had a pretty generic description and software dev activities.
    Post a short HR phone screen, I was scheduled to meet the manager directly.
    During the interview, the manager walked me through job responsibilities which were nothing on the lines of a software engineer role as in the description.
    It was about using an existing tool, adding JS snippets to design some forms. That's it.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter and was told about different positions available. She forwarded me the job descriptions of the these positions and I reviewed them. I informed her of the position that was of interest to me and then a face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Applied in the morning, received a call an hour later. One interview, received the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What would be my perfect job? The question was unexpected, as the current position would not be my perfect job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with HR. Went pretty well. Had an interview with two managers. Went pretty well. Had another interview with a third manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with 1 senior manager and 1 VP. We reviewed background and why there was an interest in the company. Discussed pros and cons in past roles. As an interviewer, I asked a lot of questions to show knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• What sort of improvements did you do in your last role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. Within a few hours, I received a call from an HR recruiter that asked me a few questions about my background. By the end of the call, she scheduled a in-person interview for the following week. The interview was for about 30 mins with an AVP and Manager. They asked basic behavioral questions and questions specific to the job. I didn't think I did well because the AVP was aloof and standoffish but I got a call the next day saying they wanted to offer me the position. Negotiate your salary bc they will lowball you. I was offered less than my previous job but I negotiated it to a better salary and they accepted... so it doesn't hurt to try.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with people on your team that are not easy to get along with.   Answer Question