Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.5

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went great! Interviewed with the 2 Processing AVP's. Typical interview questions.
    Was offered the position via phone call from Nationstar/Mr. Cooper Dallas area Recruiter on 08/21st and she emailed me the offer letter with a start date of 09/11th. I also received emails to go ahead and sign up for benefits and a calendar with the 2017 pay dates. So, come to find out for some reason, they offer you the job BEFORE they do the background screening, which was no big deal...or so I thought! I was contacted by the HR Department in the Irvine California area instead of the Dallas area I had been dealing with so they could send me the link to begin the process of background screening. They use a 3rd party company to do the background screening and I found out a week before my start date that I'm ineligible for hire because of a date discrepancy I had put down on my application from a previous employer I worked for almost 9 years ago! It was a 7 month difference from what I had put down and from what they had verified. I only worked there for 3 months! I was told by HR that they verify the dates of my two most recent employers, however they only verified my most recent employer and the employer from almost 9 years ago (which isn't even related to the job I applied for). I had another employer immediately prior to the most recent one and it was never verified?! I reached out to the HR department that actually offered me the position to inquire about this. My calls and emails went unanswered! To this day, everything in my emails says i'm hired with a start date and welcome package. I have nothing in writing retracting their offer. Only a verbal confirmation from someone in California that I am ineligible?! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! VERY UNORGANIZED! As much as I needed this job, I definitely dodged a bullet with this company!

Loan Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Chandler, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview went very well, they asked a lot of simple question. It was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. I interviewed with two different people both were very good people

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for nationstar mortgage?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

30 minutes long with the VP and AVP. They were so nice and I got the job as soon as the interview was over. Would definitely work here full time given the chance.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and enjoyable. Everyone was nice, however, they told me I would receive a response by that Friday (it was Wednesday) and I never received a response. No offer or denial. Fishy.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Very Little, should have been a warning flag, the company did not have a firm direction and lacked a true vetting process. This may not be the case across the company but I was very surprised of the questions that could have been asked but was not.

Reverse/HUD I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Just an awful experience. Phone interview lead to in person interview for the reverse mortgage specialist. First half hour was with a lady and a man. I think they were team members and weren't very enthused to be interviewing. The lady mistook one of my answers for not meeting my metrics at my previous job and I had to keep reminding her I did. I made sure to emphasize I did in my answer. Later in the interview she asked a question about a time. I gave a situation with a driving job and she seemed upset and asked me the same question again but with my other position that was a call center environment though the question was just about dealing with an angry customer, not an angry customer in a call center environment. After that they brought in a manager who pretty much went over same questions but was much nicer. She told me that they hire 10 or so people first before setting up a start date and it takes a week to hear something back. After 2 weeks I didn't hear anything I called the recruiter who told me my profile said nothing so he assumed that meant they weren't going ahead with me. However he did set me up for an interview for HUD 1 specialist the following day. Met with a woman who was much nicer and asked same questions and seem to accept my answers. Then at the end she told me I wouldn't be hired in time for upcoming class because it was starting so soon. The next day I received an email saying I wouldn't be moving on. Just bad communication all around and people who are interviewing shouldn't be interviewing candidates without any training. They happily waste your time just so they can get a break from whatever they're doing to interview for jobs not even open. It's disgusting that companies do this and waste candidates time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in December 2016.

Interview

Their process is pretty broken, that was the case at least with me.
    I applied for a software engineer role, that had a pretty generic description and software dev activities.
    Post a short HR phone screen, I was scheduled to meet the manager directly.
    During the interview, the manager walked me through job responsibilities which were nothing on the lines of a software engineer role as in the description.
    It was about using an existing tool, adding JS snippets to design some forms. That's it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview literally lasted about 15 mins.
    I was only asked about 4 questions, then asked if I had any questions afterwards. I asked 3 questions.
    I was interviewed by two men. They didn't seem to interested in anything I had to say, which is probably why my interview ended so quickly.
    Even if you're not interested in the candidate you can still be considerate of the time they took out of their day to meet you, and make them feel comfortable and not like it's an interogation.
    I've never left a interview feeling so down or unsure of myself.
    It was just a weird interview for me.
    I may be reading to much into it, but I'm sure I won't be getting a call back

Interview Questions

• Tell something about yourself   1 Answer

Mortgage Processing (Not Specified) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

To begin, I was scheduled for a phone screen with the staffing agency for 1:30, recruiter didn't call until 3 hours later, stating she had computer issues. I felt it wouldn't have did any harm, for her to call and say, she was having computer issues or whatever the case may have been and rescheduled for a later time. An in person interview was scheduled, I arrived, waited about 10 minutes to interview. I was asked about 3 questions, and then I was asked if I had any questions. I asked 2 times which position was I been interviewed for and was told they had positions in several departments and I would be considered for something in one of those departments, a recruiter would be contacting me for the next steps. A day later (Friday), I received a follow-up email stating I was still being considered for employment and I would continue receiving updates. The following Monday I received a voicemail at almost 6pm to schedule a 2nd interview. Contacted the recruiter the next day, and was told the manager I was being scheduled with was out and she was trying to set me up with another manager. Shortly after speaking with her, I received an from the staffing agency saying that all pending offers were postponed for 30 days, due to unforeseen delays and they were still interested in speaking with me. The whole process has been unorganized and unprofessional and at this point, I don't think I would continue to consider employment with nationstar

Reverse Resolution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews consisting of previous experience, situational resolution and ability handle stress and high call volume. The interview was a panel in a rather casual environment which made it easy to go through. Response was given within a two week time frame.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation you had to resolve and how?   1 Answer