Navient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Navient Interview Questions

Interviews at Navient

2.4

Space Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Navient.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to during interviews. Start out with HR phone interview. Then went on to face to face with department manager. Third interview was with manager and another team member.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you took a risk and succeeded and failed.   1 Answer
    • Three words you use to describe yourself. Three your friends would use. And three someone that doesn't like you would use.   1 Answer
    • Questions were very standard professional interview type, but very few had to do with experience, skill, or anything that would let them know you could do the job tasks.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Navient (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Met with recruiter then with Team Leader. The team leaders in collections are very poor managers, they do not have any management experience but were employees that were good at collections. In the interview all they want to do is determine if you will be able to take one call after another and keep your call time under six minutes. They will not really explain to you what the job is and you will not be able to sit with anyone and see what the job is like until after your training. The department is so poorly run that Human Resources from the corporate office in Delaware had to come to Pennsylvania and had meetings with each employee to see why this department has such a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of overcoming resistance from a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navient (Mason, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The staff was friendly. There was a test that you have to take before you can move forward with the face to face interview process. And after you schedule your interview from a list of interview times and dates. Navient will call you a couple days before to go over and questions or concerns that you might have for the position. Remember to bring your ID. You will then have a face to face interview with the hiring manager, and then the hiring manager will take you on a tour of the facility. Then once done you will go and talk to HR. Starting pay $12, but if you can make your target goals...You have the ability to make up to $6000 Bonus checks per month. They have excellent benefits. Even Theme park ticket discounts for employees. You must have confidence I mean a lot of confidence before you interview for this job or they will know!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working in an call center environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Navient (Fishers, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick interview with HR then a longer interview with a supervisor. When I applied online, then I received and email to complete an assessment where i had to answer personality questions as well as do mock phone calls. The next day I received an email to schedule a time for a face to face interview. I applied to two jobs (customer service and customer resolution specialist) but only heard back about the CRS job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had to collect money from someone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Navient.

Interview

Very simple. Met with manager one on one. Explained nature of job and daily goals. Discussed scheduling and overtime requirements. Lasted about 15 minutes. Was told about ability for growth within company.

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Navient (Fishers, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application online, HR contacts you. You have to fill out background information. The interview was one on one with a supervisor. The interview can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. I received my offer 2 hours after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced conflict on the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Navient (Newark, DE).

Interview

Got contacted 3 weeks after applying via email, came in for interview. Was in the same room as other people getting interviews. Wasn't group interviews. I got an email of no offer same night via email.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Navient (Newark, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty quick process. I received a phone call to interview within a few days. Went in and met with a gentleman from Human Resources and he was extremely nice, he led me to a room with other candidates and probably had a 20 minute wait which wasn’t a problem. I met with one of the supervisors in the department I applied for, he was very thorough with explaining the details of the job I applied for, benefits, pay, etc., and just asked general questions about my work history. It definitely felt like more of a conversation with a friend than a pressure filled interview. Soon after I was offered the position and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you didn’t like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Navient (Mason, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the job profile at indeed and applied and I got emails o fill up the application form and employment details. Then i was asked to set up the face to face interview process and in a week I went for the interview. the interview was pretty easy like general questions on customer service experience and some situational questions like name a time when you had difficulty dealing with a customer etc. After the interview they took me to the actual floor when they sit and I was watching another person work. After 15 minutes they offered me the job on the spot and I accepted the offer,

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Navient (Muncie, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Talk, walk thru call center ask about experience and how I could go from more customer service to collecting easily .. made sure everything was done to start on the day you are supposed to start. Made sure pay was set up correctly.